Entity 2.1.24

A wealth of applications with which you will need to mod Halo 2.
Click16

Re: Entity 2.1.16

Post by Click16 »

I recorded a video and set it up to use HTML with Camtasia Studio so it can be streamed. I will delete this after troy sees it.
http://www.remnantmods.com/archive/Clic ... 0Does.html
troymac1ure
Keeper of Entity

Post by troymac1ure »

It had to do with the Quick List, so ror now, you can just delete the Registry key and it should load once. If you access a few tags to create a quick list, then I think it will load fine after that.
You can export your XBOX key from your registry (to save everything), then click XBOX & then EDIT->DELETE.
If you don't do this, you will not get it opened.
Alternatively, you can try adding a ME key folder under ...\Xbox\Halo2\Entity in your registry. That may allow it to work as well.
If you don't work with your registry I can make you an import file
Last edited by troymac1ure on Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
Click16

Post by Click16 »

Ok so I downloaded the Source Code. I noticed that you have many instances where you don't check for possible null values.

Here is the first exception I ran into (NullReferenceException)

Code: Select all

#region Load Quick Access Tags
                    if (Prefs.useRegistryEntries)
                    {
                        RegistryAccess ra = new RegistryAccess(Microsoft.Win32.Registry.CurrentUser, RegistryAccess.RegPaths.Halo2 + @"Entity\ME\Tags\");
                        string[] tags = ra.getKeys();
                        if (tags != null)
                        {
                            foreach (string tagType in tags)
                            {
                                QuickAccessTagType qatt = new QuickAccessTagType();
                                qatt.TagType = tagType;
                                ra.setKey(Microsoft.Win32.Registry.CurrentUser, RegistryAccess.RegPaths.Halo2 + @"Entity\ME\Tags\" + tagType + @"\");
                                foreach (string tagName in ra.getNames())
                                {
                                    if (ra.getValue(tagName).ToLower() == "true")
                                        qatt.TagPaths.Add(tagName);
                                }
                                if (qatt.TagPaths.Count > 0)
                                    QuickAccessTagTypes.Add(qatt);
                            }
                        }
                    }
                    #endregion
I added "if(tags != null)" so It continued.

I restarted the solution and I ran into this:

Code: Select all

public void LoadPlugins()
        {
            Globals.PluginSetSelector.populate();
            tscbPluginSet.Items.AddRange(Globals.PluginSetSelector.getNames());
            tscbPluginSet.SelectedItem = Globals.PluginSetSelector.getActivePlugin();
            if (tscbPluginSet.SelectedIndex == -1 && tscbPluginSet.Items.Count > 0)
                tscbPluginSet.SelectedIndex = 0;
        }
I added && tscbPluginSet.Items.Count > 0 because mine didn't have any child items.

Now entity runs.
troymac1ure
Keeper of Entity

Post by troymac1ure »

Yeah, I fixed the Quick tags thing already.
@"Entity\ME\Tags\" +
That's why I said delete the registry Entry, it would have re-created it and if you add a quick tag right away it would've been okay
or
if you had made a "Entity\ME\Tags\" path in the registry I think that would've worked as well.

Anyways, 2.1.17 will load for you no problems (and I'll add the plugin fix as well. Thanks)

I'm trying to focus on bug fixes as opposed to new additions for Entity ATM.
Zaid

Post by Zaid »

Nice.
troymac1ure
Keeper of Entity

Post by troymac1ure »

2.1.17 is just around the corner. Managed to finally fix that ListView bug as well as numerous other things.
Just a couple more small bugs and it should be ready for shipment.
OwnZ joO wrote: Keep in mind that the server can be your own computer, you can have a local repository that you check out builds into a different folder.

I have been thinking that it would be nice to have a version control system for plugins too. It would be nice to convert Grims dumps to xml and/or some C# type of plugin. I say go with either github or googlecode for any repository. It really is simple to use source control once you get used to it and it allows for much better collaboration and ability to revert changes that were a bad idea.
I think a database for thr most up to date plugins would be a very good idea.
Last edited by troymac1ure on Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
troymac1ure
Keeper of Entity

Re: Entity 2.1.17

Post by troymac1ure »

2.1.17 IS OUT!! :D

Many bug fixes and a few add-ons. Check page 1:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1325&p=18478#p18478
CaptainPoopface

Post by CaptainPoopface »

Excellent! Will give this a whirl. Thanks!
OwnZ joO

Post by OwnZ joO »

troymac1ure wrote:2.1.17 is just around the corner. Managed to finally fix that ListView bug as well as numerous other things.
Just a couple more small bugs and it should be ready for shipment.
OwnZ joO wrote: Keep in mind that the server can be your own computer, you can have a local repository that you check out builds into a different folder.

I have been thinking that it would be nice to have a version control system for plugins too. It would be nice to convert Grims dumps to xml and/or some C# type of plugin. I say go with either github or googlecode for any repository. It really is simple to use source control once you get used to it and it allows for much better collaboration and ability to revert changes that were a bad idea.
Make another repository on github, git does not have to be used only for source code..
troymac1ure
Keeper of Entity

Post by troymac1ure »

OwnZ joO wrote:
troymac1ure wrote:blah...blah...blah...
Make another repository on github, git does not have to be used only for source code..
Speaking of which. I am still trying to get the whole github thing. So now that I have released 2.1.17, I need to update the repository, but I am still such a noob at that stuff. What steps do I need to take to update the git? I am going to go yahoo! it or look for a tutorial, but if I don't post back, then I'm lost.

EDIT: For those that didn't read all the fixes & add-ons, one of the more fun, useful add-ons is:
Quick window selection keys (F1 (Reference Editor), F2 (MetaEditor2), F3 (MetaEditor), F4 (Hex Editor), F5 (Bitmap Viewer))

Also, my wife's laptop's HDD crashed, so I have no Vista testing machine now. I would like feedback on whether the top bar in the Main window is all mixed up (File/Tools/etc all on the right side of the Debug & Plugin bars). Although these aren't saved, you can reposition the bars by right-clicking and selecting unlock toolbars.
OwnZ joO

Post by OwnZ joO »

I recommend watching this video on Git, I've been watching it this afternoon and he seems to do a very good job explaining how Git works.
Zaid

Post by Zaid »

troymac1ure wrote:
OwnZ joO wrote:
troymac1ure wrote:blah...blah...blah...
Speaking of which. I am still trying to get the whole github thing. So now that I have released 2.1.17, I need to update the repository, but I am still such a noob at that stuff. What steps do I need to take to update the git? I am going to go yahoo! it or look for a tutorial, but if I don't post back, then I'm lost.

EDIT: For those that didn't read all the fixes & add-ons, one of the more fun, useful add-ons is:
Quick window selection keys (F1 (Reference Editor), F2 (MetaEditor2), F3 (MetaEditor), F4 (Hex Editor), F5 (Bitmap Viewer))

Also, my wife's laptop's HDD crashed, so I have no Vista testing machine now. I would like feedback on whether the top bar in the Main window is all mixed up (File/Tools/etc all on the right side of the Debug & Plugin bars). Although these aren't saved, you can reposition the bars by right-clicking and selecting unlock toolbars.
In other words if you have Vista don't run Entity 1.1.17 or else your HDD will crash :p
troymac1ure
Keeper of Entity

Post by troymac1ure »

Zaid wrote:In other words if you have Vista don't run Entity 1.1.17 or else your HDD will crash :p
Doing the world a favor by removing one Vista machine at a time :mrgreen:
JacksonCougar
Huurcat

Post by JacksonCougar »

Not that I'm begrudging the idea, I think it's superb and if I make programs I'm sure to steal the idea... but some shortcuts already have expected uses... like F1 should give help. Just a thought.
troymac1ure
Keeper of Entity

Post by troymac1ure »

JacksonCougar wrote:Not that I'm begrudging the idea, I think it's superb and if I make programs I'm sure to steal the idea... but some shortcuts already have expected uses... like F1 should give help. Just a thought.
Hmmm.. I missed this post somehow. Wonder what other ones I missed...

Understood. Originally I had it 1,2,3,4 & 5 which worked well (I had it check to ensure that a textbox, listbox, etc wasn't selected) but that narrowed down when you could use it (first deselect any typable boxes) and also made it almost useless in the Hex Editor. That's when I shifted them to the Fn keys.
If someone has a better idea for quick keys (I didn't really want anoymore ALT+<key> or CTRL+<key> combos) I'd be happy to take it into consideration.
XZodia
Staff

Post by XZodia »

F5->F8?
JacksonCougar wrote:I find you usually have great ideas.
JacksonCougar wrote:Ah fuck. Why must you always be right? Why.
troymac1ure
Keeper of Entity

Post by troymac1ure »

XZodia wrote:F5->F8?
...but F5 is to compile & run... :p

Any other feedback on 2.1.17? Bugs? Things that no longer work?
Whitehalo3

Post by Whitehalo3 »

I couldn't poke the map in 2.1.16 but I could look at the map and connect to the debug xbox. In 2.1.17, I get an error message every time I try to connect. I also checked out the source code for 2.1.16 and found that you needed to make a toolbar visible in order for the poke to work. I only got poke value to work and I couldn't get poke reflexive to work. In 2.1.17, I get the error at HaloMap.RealTimeHalo.RTH_Imports.InitRTH(String IP). (line 167)
troymac1ure
Keeper of Entity

Post by troymac1ure »

Whitehalo3 wrote:I couldn't poke the map in 2.1.16 but I could look at the map and connect to the debug xbox. In 2.1.17, I get an error message every time I try to connect. I also checked out the source code for 2.1.16 and found that you needed to make a toolbar visible in order for the poke to work. I only got poke value to work and I couldn't get poke reflexive to work. In 2.1.17, I get the error at HaloMap.RealTimeHalo.RTH_Imports.InitRTH(String IP). (line 167)
What version of windows are you using (XP/vista/7/8)?
32- or 64-bit?
Are you using ME2 or ME1?
Is there an extended error messge?
Have you tried manually entering the debug IP instead of using <Auto>?

As for the connecting thing in 2.1.17, is your Xbox connected to the network or are you using a crossover cable? I use a cross over cable & connect to my internet wireless, but there's not really any way to direct certain data to certain network interfaces, so sometimes my internet tries to connect through my wired card & most of the time I have to shut off my wireless to FTP/RTH to my xbox. [just a thought for you]
Whitehalo3

Post by Whitehalo3 »

troymac1ure wrote:
Whitehalo3 wrote:I couldn't poke the map in 2.1.16 but I could look at the map and connect to the debug xbox. In 2.1.17, I get an error message every time I try to connect. I also checked out the source code for 2.1.16 and found that you needed to make a toolbar visible in order for the poke to work. I only got poke value to work and I couldn't get poke reflexive to work. In 2.1.17, I get the error at HaloMap.RealTimeHalo.RTH_Imports.InitRTH(String IP). (line 167)
What version of windows are you using (XP/vista/7/8)?
32- or 64-bit?
Are you using ME2 or ME1?
Is there an extended error messge?
Have you tried manually entering the debug IP instead of using <Auto>?

As for the connecting thing in 2.1.17, is your Xbox connected to the network or are you using a crossover cable? I use a cross over cable & connect to my internet wireless, but there's not really any way to direct certain data to certain network interfaces, so sometimes my internet tries to connect through my wired card & most of the time I have to shut off my wireless to FTP/RTH to my xbox. [just a thought for you]
I have Windows 7 64-bit. I have always entered the debug ip manually and it always connected fine on 2.1.16. I still usually poke the map with a separate meta editor program because that is the only thing that works. But the scnr tag is screwy on that program (probably a plugin problem and I don't know where to get plugins that work and are up to date) so I wanted to use entity but you disabled the poke in 2.1.16. So I looked at the source code and enabled the poke on 2.1.16. I am using a crossover cable and the connection is not the problem. There is just something wrong with the program. I can connect to the xbox fine with other programs.
troymac1ure
Keeper of Entity

Post by troymac1ure »

Try disabling your wireless and see if it will connect. Other programs may work, but windows chooses which line to send the data on, so it may be different for different programs. I was looking into this to see if I could direct it manually, but I left it for now. You can bring up your two connections and watch when you click connect (one of the connections "Sent" bytes should increase). If it's your wireless, then you should be able to connect by turning your wireless off.

Being you are saying "poke" I assume you are using Meta Editor 1.
If so, then try using MetaEditor2/Plus as I abandoned support for ME1 a while ago due to the code being too difficult to work with. ME2 should work fine (if you can connect) and loads faster and is much less problematic.
Whitehalo3

Post by Whitehalo3 »

troymac1ure wrote:Try disabling your wireless and see if it will connect. Other programs may work, but windows chooses which line to send the data on, so it may be different for different programs. I was looking into this to see if I could direct it manually, but I left it for now. You can bring up your two connections and watch when you click connect (one of the connections "Sent" bytes should increase). If it's your wireless, then you should be able to connect by turning your wireless off.

If so, then try using MetaEditor2/Plus as I abandoned support for ME1 a while ago due to the code being too difficult to work with. ME2 should work fine (if you can connect) and loads faster and is much less problematic.
I found the problem. The problem is the YeloDebugSettings.XML that came with the new release. It was 71 KB and the other releases were 1 KB. I simply replaced the XML file from the 2.1.17 release with the XML file from the 2.1.16 release. When I started up Entity, I got a message from my firewall asking if I wanted to allow entity through. I allowed it and now entity is working. I already tried to allow entity through my firewall before I did this and it wouldn't work. Only after I replaced the file did my firewall allow me to establish a connection with my Xbox. So the XML file that came with the 2.1.17 release is the problem. I also deleted the file and got the same exact error as I did before. I think that the XML file in the 2.1.17 release doesn't have the correct format and therefore cannot be recognized by the Entity.

On a different note, I was using the Meta Editor 5.3
Zaid

Post by Zaid »

Whitehalo3 wrote:
troymac1ure wrote:Try disabling your wireless and see if it will connect. Other programs may work, but windows chooses which line to send the data on, so it may be different for different programs. I was looking into this to see if I could direct it manually, but I left it for now. You can bring up your two connections and watch when you click connect (one of the connections "Sent" bytes should increase). If it's your wireless, then you should be able to connect by turning your wireless off.

I found the problem. The problem is the YeloDebugSettings.XML that came with the new release. It was 71 KB and the other releases were 1 KB. I simply replaced the XML file from the 2.1.17 release with the XML file from the 2.1.16 release. When I started up Entity, I got a message from my firewall asking if I wanted to allow entity through. I allowed it and now entity is working. I already tried to allow entity through my firewall before I did this and it wouldn't work. Only after I replaced the file did my firewall allow me to establish a connection with my Xbox. So the XML file that came with the 2.1.17 release is the problem. I also deleted the file and got the same exact error as I did before. I think that the XML file in the 2.1.17 release doesn't have the correct format and therefore cannot be recognized by the Entity.

On a different note, I was using the Meta Editor 5.3
This makes me want to continue making my app that I abandoned...
Ogrish

Post by Ogrish »

Im having some building issues but its probably plugins, so on the note, can someone please post some stripped down plugins Just for extraction and building.
CaptainPoopface

Post by CaptainPoopface »

Can you describe your building issues? I am having slc issues, primarily from injecting tags from older maps made with older Entities. But I also can't be sure if it's plugin related. I was going to ask you for the sets of plugins for building in tags, cloning chunk, sharing meta offsets, and editing values.