Neodos's Debug Pack For RTH

A wealth of applications with which you will need to mod Halo 2.
Click16

Re: Neodos's Debug Pack For RTH

Post by Click16 »

sabu wrote: - XDK loads when I click on XBE from the Softmodded Dashboard after Filesearching the XBE.
1- XDK only displayed "Microsoft Dashboard" inside the list of things I can execute.
2- Upon clicking on the "Microsoft Dashboard" from the XDK, I'm only prompted with a freeze and the logo to Microsoft Xbox.
3- I'm displayed a Debugged IP which happens to be different than the IP I use to FTP to my Xbox, still cant obtain a Connection.

I read earlier in Neados post regarding an issue another user had with using it and Neados said that I see one of your problems is that you have a Softmodded Xbox? Am I not supposed to be running a Softmodded Xbox in order to use the XDK Features? Also about the version of the Xbox... I don't know how to tell what version the Xbox might be but if it helps, when I'm in the Halo 2 Mainmenu, I'm displayed the numbers 1.1 at the bottom right?
Okay, knowing that getting this debug kit to work could be potentially difficult, here is my advice regarding each issue which I numbered:

#1 - It should not only show this MS dashboard, double check your directories, as by default the MS dashboard will show up always whether it is present on the C root or not.

#2 - You might not have the Microsoft Dashboard in you C directory, so it is trying to load something that isn't present. Seeing as how you softmodded your box (as did I) it might not be a good idea to mess with these files.

#3 - Your Debug IP address and FTP address are used for separate things. The FTP address allows a default FTP connection using port 21 to access files on the xbox while the Debug IP allows to connect to the xbox while you are running a program or playing a game. (Pretty much runs two bios so that one can be used for games / apps / media while the other supports the debug connection.)

Trying to connect with an FTP server through port 21 will fail. I can't remember which port the debug IP uses i think it is between 70 and 89 but yeah.
sabu

Post by sabu »

Ok I have a question for this part and thanks for suggesting some ideas to help my problem.
#2 - You might not have the Microsoft Dashboard in you C directory, so it is trying to load something that isn't present.
Are you saying that I shouldn't have the Softmodded files stored inside the C Directory and only the original Microsoft Xbox Dashboard Files themselves?
☆ Click my signature to navigate back to Remnantmods Board index. Made by sabu. ☆
Click16

Post by Click16 »

sabu wrote:Ok I have a question for this part and thanks for suggesting some ideas to help my problem.
#2 - You might not have the Microsoft Dashboard in you C directory, so it is trying to load something that isn't present.
Are you saying that I shouldn't have the Softmodded files stored inside the C Directory and only the original Microsoft Xbox Dashboard Files themselves?
No, that isn't what I am saying at all, I am saying to make sure that the actual MS dashboard exists and that you can load it. to figure this out you can just load your dashboard up and go to the file browser and go to:

C\msdash.xbe and see if it loads the ms dash. If it freezes, well that would explain why it freezes in the xdk loader.
sabu

Post by sabu »

Ok. I was just trying to clarify whether I was to have a modded dash or not in order to run the XDK, from original posts it made it seem like the modded dash should not be present inside the C Drive, only the original dash.

Also I think the point is clear now that the XDK is runnable on my Xbox but the only biggest trouble I think I will be facing up until I fix it is trying to find out how to run Halo 2 on the Xbox through the XDK.
I place all the files in their specific locations but should I actually be placing the Halo 2 backup itself, somewhere else so that the XDK can detect it's presence or is that supposed to automatically do that?
☆ Click my signature to navigate back to Remnantmods Board index. Made by sabu. ☆
neodos

Post by neodos »

You can have your modded dash on C:\ just make sure you don't replace or delete files which are used by your softmod that's what I meant.

I believe I included the "Unleashed" dashboard with this pack in order to launch Halo 2 (unleashed has an HDD explorer) also because i had problems when launching halo 2 directly from the XDK it didn't work fine for the debug.
XZodia
Staff

Post by XZodia »

If you put Halo 2 in the E\devkit\tools folder, you can launch it straight from the debug dashboard.

I would also suggest you give this a try:
http://forums.remnantmods.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1771

I can't remember if that version is up-to-date or not but meh...I'll check when I get home

Edit:
Updated.
JacksonCougar wrote:I find you usually have great ideas.
JacksonCougar wrote:Ah fuck. Why must you always be right? Why.
sabu

Post by sabu »

Thanks for everyone trying to explain and help me through it, unfortunately I wasn't able to get much further with it except for actually being to load Halo 2 from the XDK which Xzodia recommended I do. It has to either be my operating system or the version of my Xbox.
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

Does the xbox version or modchip determine whether you can use RTH?
Remnant! We were the last stand.
Click16

Post by Click16 »

DoorM4n wrote:Does the xbox version or modchip determine whether you can use RTH?
I think....

I originally softmodded my xbox, and it worked, but before I flashed my bios, it didn't work so I think if you arent going to flash your xbox bois, you might consider a modchip before doing this.

Also my xbox is 1.4.
Ogrish

Post by Ogrish »

RTH will work on an XBOX1.1, 1.2,and 1.3, with a softmod, If you use the "Slayers Evox Disk" to install/update the xbox and use to the Slayers Dashboard.

After your xbox has been modded if use use the slayer evox disk, it will flash your bios, and make other needed changes that most softmods dont.

You can still have your prefered dashboard as the main, if you like the one you have, or any other.
In the menu for whatever dashboard you have as your main, have a filemanager App, use it to launch the xdk.xbe, ie.the debug dashboard.
From there, dont load halo2! instead load the slayer evox dashboard, use it to Xored trainer Launcher to load yelo, and halo2.

IT WORKS, Trust me, the xbox i borowed today, i set up this way, and its 1.1 no chip and Im using Onyx now!
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

I have xbox v1.0 with a matrix modchip with slayer evox and unleashx, will it work with that?
Click16

Post by Click16 »

DoorM4n wrote:I have xbox v1.0 with a matrix modchip with slayer evox and unleashx, will it work with that?
most likely.
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

Click16 wrote:
DoorM4n wrote:I have xbox v1.0 with a matrix modchip with slayer evox and unleashx, will it work with that?
most likely.
Hey Neodos, do you know for sure?
neodos

Post by neodos »

I have an xbox 1.0 with an xecuter 2 modchip so yeah =D.

The only ones which it had problems with were the 1.6 and 1.6b because I guess of hardware changes which don't go well with the debug bios.
Ogrish

Post by Ogrish »

My first and longest lasting xbox was a 1.0 with the excuter2 solderless and Evox, its wrecked to hell from multiple temper tantrums, and just bad placement. But ive rebuilt it many times, the motherboard and daughter board are origanal but most all other componants and/or parts have been replaced at one time or another.

I hope to rebuild soon.
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

neodos wrote:I have an xbox 1.0 with an xecuter 2 modchip so yeah =D.

The only ones which it had problems with were the 1.6 and 1.6b because I guess of hardware changes which don't go well with the debug bios.
SWEET! I hope I get this working when I get home! :)

Ogrish
That's crazy! my xbox has been working since it's first release. My powersupply burned out like 4 times but I buy a new one and replace. I sometimes think my xbox is the hulk. It gets mean and green when I start using it.
OwnZ joO

Post by OwnZ joO »

I'm like 90% sure I used RTH on a softmodded 1.6 box. I'll have to check sometime soon and make sure I'm remembering it correctly, if so I'll post my setup on here.
bumlove

Post by bumlove »

OwnZ joO wrote:I'm like 90% sure I used RTH on a softmodded 1.6 box. I'll have to check sometime soon and make sure I'm remembering it correctly, if so I'll post my setup on here.
I have had a 1.6 softmodded xbox running with stand alone rth but now I have a crazy video settings error i can't correct (not a typo) on my 1.1 and 1.6
my 1.0 xbox will load up the debug dash and h2 but will not connect via new entity or stand alone rth (i did remove the stock dash when softmodding but.........) fuck it i'll buy a 4th xbox and see qwhat happens then
Ogrish

Post by Ogrish »

on my softmodded xbox i had to install Slayer EVOX dash for RTH to work, i tried others but RTH wouldnt work till I used the Slayers disk to overwrite my existing dash, and re flash my box.

Then it worked fine, this works on all softmods i think.

Its a wierd setup cause i had to have 3 dashboards, main, then i would load the debug, then a different slayers dash, cause my main slayers version didnt support dual boot.

I could have used the same slayers dash twice but i liked the one i used for the main best.

I can upload the the dash that supports dual boot if you cant get it from the slayers site anymore, but it would be best if you make a complete evox mod chip install disk then use it to back up and overwrite your eep and all, dont worry this wont break your box or your softmod, ive done it on 3 or 4 xboxs with no problems
bumlove

Post by bumlove »

thanks for the offer but I'll buy another xbox (I can get one tommorow for less than $7) and softmod with ndure & xbhdm (dual bootable and the method I'm use to & no downloading required) I wish I could figure why I get the crazy video error on 2 xb's, I checked all video settings and ini's and even navigated the debug dash with the error to see if it was there, I'll have a dig about my old hdds to see if another version of rth.dll works, its just annoying because I can ping the debug IP in game on the third xb, just no rth connection.
xxpenguinxx

Post by xxpenguinxx »

What is this crazy video error you speak of?
DemonicSandwich wrote:See that? You see that how it is highlighted down here but it's not highlighted right there? Ah, I guess that's what I get for pirating it.
In Soviet Russia, DS touches you. Say it again and I'll do more than touch. ~DS -Oh baby
A cat was licking itself to the sound of potato chips.
Click16

Post by Click16 »

As far as I know, every time that I tried to run the Debug Loader on a xbox that is running the standard ms bios shows the screen all swizzled.
bumlove

Post by bumlove »

xxpenguinxx wrote:...crazy video error?
It's like ntsc on a pal system, it looses H & V-hold, I've looked at all video settings on my unleashed dash, the settings on evox dash and even had 2 tvs and xboxes to navigate video settings on the messed up debug dash, and tried many a reinstall.
fudge it 7 bucks ain't worth worrying about.
neodos

Post by neodos »

Did you try setting your xbox video to 50Hz?
bumlove

Post by bumlove »

neodos wrote:Did you try setting your xbox video to 50Hz?
yep in my dash everything is fine, in the debug dash I think everything is fine (from what i can make out), and in the shipped unleashed settings .ini everything looks ok, I removed the m$ dash when I softmodded all 3 xbs, but have had 2 working

does the debug dash have a settings .ini fie? to check

1 of my xbs(v1.0) doesn't video error and loads debug and the game but will not connect via entity's RTH or stand alone RTHv2 .
I can ping my debug ip in game so it is working to a point.
Where can I find other versions of xbdm.dll? never mind I just found a pile 1.0.5849.1 is the newest I have