Mutation To Do List

A wealth of applications with which you will need to mod Halo 2.
MrMurder

Re: Mutation To Do List

Post by MrMurder »

Hey Grim i take it the PHMO problem is the same one bugging the shit out of us both regarding my mod.
Well im hoping you can work it out man ive come to a total stop since doing the last mod as theres no point in making more until this has been resolved.
Damn you bungie damn your eyes :XP:
Thanks For You're Time
Grimdoomer
Admin

Post by Grimdoomer »

MrMurder wrote:Hey Grim i take it the PHMO problem is the same one bugging the shit out of us both regarding my mod.
Well im hoping you can work it out man ive come to a total stop since doing the last mod as theres no point in making more until this has been resolved.
Damn you bungie damn your eyes :XP:
Been very busy... Will try to look into it soon.
Don't snort the magic, we need it for the network.
NotZachary82

Post by NotZachary82 »

Been veryHalo Reach kinda busy.
NotZachary82

Post by NotZachary82 »

If you wouldn't post for a month I'd be ecstatic.
Eaton

Post by Eaton »

NotZachary82 wrote:Been veryHalo Reach kinda busy.
He's been fixing my Xbox 360, which was not successful. :(
Grimdoomer
Admin

Post by Grimdoomer »

There is a technical part to my "playing". Trust me, it will be worth it in the end when you can mod reach :wink:
Grimdoomer
Admin

Post by Grimdoomer »

Shock120 wrote:
Grimdoomer wrote:
There is a technical part to my "playing". Trust me, it will be worth it in the end when you can mod reach :wink:
yeah that idiot doesn't know that, I do.

Has DetoX got his hands on Halo Reach?
If so then it's good, hope to see a more productive team working on Reach mods. :wink:
Don't count on it.
Grimdoomer
Admin

Post by Grimdoomer »

Today I modified Mutation to allow you to sign in with your remnant credentials, this will make it easier to track user reports and bugs. Once I write a bit more code any feedback reports, bug reports, or crash dumps will be sent to my remnant account via PM. This will make it much easier for me to track bugs, feedback, and crash dumps. I also added a debug console which loads alongside Mutation. This really doesn't effect end users as it is more to help me debug things. However, there will be an option in the settings menu to enable/disable it as I have plans to implement a command line system allowing end users to quickly process tasks via commands or scripts.

The next couple of days I will be focusing on revamping the code dealing with application settings, project files, and adding error detection in places there ought to be more of it, lots and lots of error detection...
KIWIDOGGIE

Post by KIWIDOGGIE »

Grimdoomer wrote:Today I modified Mutation to allow you to sign in with your remnant credentials, this will make it easier to track user reports and bugs. Once I write a bit more code any feedback reports, bug reports, or crash dumps will be sent to my remnant account via PM. This will make it much easier for me to track bugs, feedback, and crash dumps. I also added a debug console which loads alongside Mutation. This really doesn't effect end users as it is more to help me debug things. However, there will be an option in the settings menu to enable/disable it as I have plans to implement a command line system allowing end users to quickly process tasks via commands or scripts.

The next couple of days I will be focusing on revamping the code dealing with application settings, project files, and adding error detection in places there ought to be more of it, lots and lots of error detection...
99% Of the Xbox Scene are retards.
Xbox Scene wrote:All Hail Jester!
Grimdoomer
Admin

Post by Grimdoomer »

The DevExpress gui controls I have been using for Mutation suck dick. They are slow, annoying to program around, and in a lot of cases have flickering problems. I'm thinking about just coding my own to look the same but function a lot better, I just don't wanna take the time to do it :hmm:

In other news the meta editor is looking and functioning 10x times better than it was in the last beta release (I can't believe I released it with such a shitty meta editor), did some work on the sbsp tag layout and fixed a couple bugs in it.
Grimdoomer
Admin

Post by Grimdoomer »

Minor code change, 10k errors, I'll have it fixed in a jiffy <_<
OwnZ joO

Post by OwnZ joO »

Haha nice. Also if you're still thinking about implementing the controls, most controls are really not that hard to create using a UserControl if you just take full advantage of the Dock and Fill functionality. So many of the custom controls I have seen in the past try to do all kinds of logic on positioning stuff when really they should have just set some of the layout properties. I'm just saying this about the layout portion of the control, which is obviously the most important aspect of it, if you care about the look before the functionality then you're probably an Apple noob.
Grimdoomer
Admin

Post by Grimdoomer »

OwnZ joO wrote:Haha nice. Also if you're still thinking about implementing the controls, most controls are really not that hard to create using a UserControl if you just take full advantage of the Dock and Fill functionality. So many of the custom controls I have seen in the past try to do all kinds of logic on positioning stuff when really they should have just set some of the layout properties. I'm just saying this about the layout portion of the control, which is obviously the most important aspect of it, if you care about the look before the functionality then you're probably an Apple noob.
The docking features in .Net have a few bugs in it that make it a bigger pain in the ass to use than manual positioning. It only took me a half hour to change from docking to manual positioning, and not only is it quicker it also works 10x better. I have seen some of the code which you are referring to, and it is indeed bad, but also poorly done. UserControls are nice but I'm looking more for looks as the default .Net controls are very plain and boring. I just don't feel like writing all the code for the custom looks I want. Here is a sneak peak of the meta editor, it still has much work to be done though (and yes, needs moar jpeg): http://i.imgur.com/qoNJ4.jpg
OwnZ joO

Post by OwnZ joO »

What bugs are you referring to? I haven't noticed anything wrong with the standard docking code, your UI looks nice though.