Halo 2 Modding StartBar

A wealth of applications with which you will need to mod Halo 2.
DarkShallFall

Halo 2 Modding StartBar

Post by DarkShallFall »

This program was created by me with some help from Detox.
To use this application you need to have .Net 3.5

The application only works for the screen Resolution of 1280 by 1024 for now I will try to update it to work on all soon.

The quick launch has 5 applications listed. Entity 1.4, Entity UE 1.6 Prophet 1.0, Serenity 3.0 and UberScreenShotTool.

There is a settings Form that will allow you to enter your Ftp information, Clean/Unmodded maps folder, and Your Display name for the StartBar menu.

To the far right of the StartBar is an Arrow pointing down if that is clicked then the application will hide. When it is clicked theres an arrow pointing up in its place to unhide the StartBar.

There is a built in resigner that will open an OpenFileDialog and it will allow you to locate the map you'd like signed.

I also built in a Google search function on the StartBar that will allow you to search anything. The search page will open in your default WebBrowser.

There is built in browsers for both HaloMods and Remnant forums.

Screen Shots:
Start Bar itself
Start Menu
Program List
Settings

Downloads:
Mirror1
Mirror2
Mirror3
Rockymods

Halo 2 Modding StartBar

Post by Rockymods »

I may get a new computer hee soon and then I'llbe sure to download! Unless you you release a resolution version first
Woovie

Re: Halo 2 Modding StartBar

Post by Woovie »

You need to make it fit to screen. It is rather annoying running 1680x1050 and it not fitting at all.. And I think it is a good idea, but it needs to be, more or less, not a start bar, just a toolbar.
OwnZ joO

Post by OwnZ joO »

Make a modding tray icon, I started to make one and it works, but i dont want to make it editable and have all the features. Also make it able to load at startup.
DemonicSandwich
Trollwich

Post by DemonicSandwich »

OwnZ joO wrote:Also make it able to load at startup.
Make a shortcut to the application and put that shortcut in the Startup folder in the Programs menu of your Start menu.
Model Customization Pt.01|Model Customization Pt.02|Bipd Attachments|True Marker Rotations
"I'm the h4x man! Skibby Dibby Dib YoDahDubDub, YoDahDubDub"
Supermodder911

Post by Supermodder911 »

Or do the proper thing and add the Registry key. ;)
My way is easier...and quicker...and works as well... (-_-) ~DS
Chad Warden is Ballin'. No jk.
OwnZ joO

Post by OwnZ joO »

I have a working one at home that I made a while back that does have startup registry key, and it also has the ability to "open" a map. When you right click and click open it displays an open file dialog to select a map that you want to play with, so after that when you open an editor, if it supports command line arguments, it will open the map you opened, and the tray icon has a resign option too. So I guess I might just release the source and let someone else finish it if they think it's a good idea because I don't really have a need for it or interest in it anymore.
Rockymods

Post by Rockymods »

Hmm.. When I try to run it the process is there but there is no application that comes up.
DarkShallFall

Post by DarkShallFall »

Like I said it only works for that one resolution, for others it just off screen.