Orbit Beta

A wealth of applications with which you will need to mod Halo 2.
SikSemper

Re: Orbit Beta

Post by SikSemper »

Click16 wrote:Yes this can be fixed. I downloaded the source and recompiled it to run as x86. The XNA Framework (and its components) only run in an x86 environment, so building the source as x86 is required to run unless you are on a 32-bit operating system. Anyways enough with the details, here is the x86 Compiled version.
I'll test it very soon like, thank you.

EDIT: Tested it and it still doesn't open :cry: What might my next step be?
Click16

Post by Click16 »

Make sure that you install all of the components in the "Frameworks" folder. Even if you think you have them, install them anyway
SikSemper

Post by SikSemper »

Click16 wrote:Make sure that you install all of the components in the "Frameworks" folder. Even if you think you have them, install them anyway
Still no success, this is stumping me haha.
Click16

Post by Click16 »

Hmm, Do you have the latest video drivers available for your machine? I'll compile a test program for you, and if it doesn't run then its most likely an issue with your computer running the XNA Framework.
SikSemper

Post by SikSemper »

Hold the phone jim,
Click16 wrote:Hmm, Do you have the latest video drivers available for your machine? I'll compile a test program for you, and if it doesn't run then its most likely an issue with your computer running the XNA Framework.

Hold the phone jim, I fixed it. No clue how or why it's working now but I'm not going to argue with it.
Click16

Post by Click16 »

OK, I created a sample application from some old codes I had laying around. This app uses XNA Framework 4.0 and which is not the same version Orbit uses.

Here is the Test Application
When you download it, extract it to a folder, and run the program using the included batch files, one will test it as an XNA game, the other will test it as an XNA control embedded in Windows Forms.

EDIT: Oh cool glad it works!