Excalibur 2.0

A wealth of applications with which you will need to mod Halo 2.
OwnZ joO

Excalibur 2.0

Post by OwnZ joO »

Excalibur 2.0 now with Real Time Halo

I went back and redid the way everything loads in the meta editor, and made some improvements in general. The BitMask control is now a CheckedComboBox. If you don't like an element of the UI, you are free to make suggestions, because I really got tired of working with it and gave up, but there's no guarantee that it will be implemented. I'm thinking of releasing another version with the old type of bitmask viewer, and dropdown reflexive controls.
I tested the scnr, weap, proj, and effe plugins on lockout and they seemed to be working, I really didn't care much about the others. You might have to fix them up on your own.

Read the readme, it tells you how to use Real Time Halo.

Edit:This is a beta, I didn't get anyone to beta it, so report any errors as I'm sure there will be some.

Edit Edit:By the way, although I put it in my about, all thanks goes to xbox7887 and Kornman01 for their awesome YeloDebug plugin. They did all the work of RTH, it was so simple to add it using their library. It could easily be added to entity with only a few lines of code if people really wanted it.
Attachments
Excalibur 2.0.zip
Excalibur 2.0
(457.94 KiB) Downloaded 266 times
Last edited by OwnZ joO on Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eaton

Re: Excalibur 2.0

Post by Eaton »

VERY nice work, but it won't launch. I have the latest .NET and all... :?

It just goes to an "Excalibur has stopped working" message. I am running Windows Vista.
OwnZ joO

Post by OwnZ joO »

I don't really know of the problems related to vista, but did you try right clicking and run as administrator?
Eaton

Post by Eaton »

OwnZ joO wrote:I don't really know of the problems related to vista, but did you try right clicking and run as administrator?
Yes. I did all of that.
JacksonCougar
Huurcat

Post by JacksonCougar »

RTH does not work. Almost all useful RTH plugins are not loading/loading wrong.
OwnZ joO

Post by OwnZ joO »

Do you mean you can't connect, or it is useless because what you want to use it for doesn't work with the plugin?
Eaton

Post by Eaton »

Did you test the Real Time Halo feature?
OwnZ joO

Post by OwnZ joO »

Yeah, I tested it on the projectile tag a while back. I pulled out the sniper, shot one of the barrels on lockout and it exploded. Then I swapped its damage dependency to the plasma pistol damage and shot another like 10 times and no explode.
Eaton

Post by Eaton »

Can you post the source so I can try and debug it? I really would like this program to work.
OwnZ joO

Post by OwnZ joO »

If you can disassemble it you can have it(I didn't protect it).
Eaton

Post by Eaton »

I get a huge amount of errors in your decompiled source. :|
OwnZ joO

Post by OwnZ joO »

Really, I'll try decompiling the same thing, that's funny because it usually won't compile if there are errors...
Eaton

Post by Eaton »

What decompiler are you using?
OwnZ joO

Post by OwnZ joO »

I used Reflector, I had to copy all the dlls into the directory of the excalibur project and include them in it, but I even opened lockout up and loaded a weap tag correctly.
JacksonCougar
Huurcat

Post by JacksonCougar »

OwnZ joO wrote:Do you mean you can't connect, or it is useless because what you want to use it for doesn't work with the plugin?
It connects but it either is not poking to the right location/not poking the new values/does not work.

I tried pressing just the poke button, and saving it then poking. Neither way worked.
Eaton

Post by Eaton »

I use Reflector as well, copy all the dlls, and all of your "this.map" statements are throwing errors.
OwnZ joO

Post by OwnZ joO »

I guess this is more trouble than its worth, I really don't care if anyone can use this app since it is kind of a pain to convert all the plugins. I made the app just for the experience anyways, I'll just write a standalone RTH app that can be used with any app that doesn't hog the map file.
Eaton

Post by Eaton »

OwnZ joO wrote:I guess this is more trouble than its worth, I really don't care if anyone can use this app since it is kind of a pain to convert all the plugins. I made the app just for the experience anyways, I'll just write a standalone RTH app that can be used with any app that doesn't hog the map file.
Alright. That would be great! :D Make sure it will work in Vista, please. :wink:
Click16

Post by Click16 »

YAY! its awesome it loaded on my computer cuz it's raw! Nice app, I hope good comes from this

Here are some pictures because you didn't supply any:

There ya go!