Alphagasgiant and Sentinel_hq_1b

This is dedicated to all the mods the community wants to share!
Patches only people. No Map files.
Twinreaper

Alphagasgiant and Sentinel_hq_1b

Post by Twinreaper »

Well it's been a long time coming, but I am partially ready for a full release. To ease the tension of those eagerly awaiting my map pack, I give you the coveted Alphagasgiant bsp conversion, entitled.."Remnant", along with a not planed bonus of Hq_1b. The reason for the change is simple...my xbox is fried and there is an aparent lack of people wiling to test my stuff. Hence...delayed and partial releases. But moving along... I would like to thank those who patiently tested and grabbed screnshots for me during the whole process. You know who you are! :mrgreen: I will be going on a short vacation on saturday for a wek, so if there are any issues reguarding the maps....pm me then. I will resume work on the next 3 maps for the release when I get back....which are....hq_2, hq_4, hq_3 and highcharity3. Hope you guys enjoy the maps, even if SLC doesn't work. Peace out bitches!

PS...included is a really old first skin for ascension I did years ago!

http://cid-3e553768043b2519.skydrive.li ... .part1.rar

http://cid-3e553768043b2519.skydrive.li ... .part2.rar

http://cid-3e553768043b2519.skydrive.li ... .part3.rar
Remnant Samurai

Re: Alphagasgiant and Sentinel_hq_1b

Post by Remnant Samurai »

Are the vending machines in?
Twinreaper

Post by Twinreaper »

Creative_Monkey wrote:Are the vending machines in?
An excellent question good citizen and I thank you for it. Yes vending machines are included in the Hq_1b map. 12 in all scattered around for you to find. But alas, the vending machines included are from the second wave. The original designs for members are still exclusive to the hq_4 map, which will be released later down the road. Also before people start wondering...the patches are for Headlong.
Remnant Samurai

Post by Remnant Samurai »

I'm going on a vending machine hunt :D
CaptainPoopface

Post by CaptainPoopface »

I really like the hq_1b map. It should be good for some in-your-face KOTH. There are a couple of other areas on the BSP that you could dress up with spawns and make very playable. There's the U-shaped hallway on one side, and the room(s) with the big green conduit and glass bridges on the other side, which Bungie pasted together 3 times out of sheer laziness. For the latter, I'd say just pick one room and seal off the far end of the bridge.

I'm tempted to do it myself, although there is probably somewhat less interest for others if syslink is broken.

I look forward to more BSPs, regardless of SLC status.
Twinreaper

Post by Twinreaper »

I am assuming by u shaped...you mean this part of the map....
Image If so, then sadly no, I wont be updating the map other than continuing my efforts to make it fully SLC. But as a side note, sneak peak, this will be the battle ground for my 2nd map in my still-to-come series known as "Entombed"....(Egyptian style maps). Bsp is from both 1b and 1 of sentinelwalls. The first map is deltacontrolroom_bsp2. Image My map pack has grown to 7 maps total.....but for sake of sanity and not losing communities interest, I released 2 of those as mentioned above.....(name of the thread). Hq_4 and Hq_2 are finished but not SLC, which is why I haven't released them yet. But if enough people want hem reguardless of SLC, I will post them up for download. Once I have a solid test thru of the first Entombed map, I will be posting a few images in a new thread to accomodate. Stay tuned and keep playin!
CaptainPoopface

Post by CaptainPoopface »

No, the U-shaped hallway is reached by going through one of the Zanzibar gates in your mod, then flying through the floor or ceiling, I don't remember which. One side leads to the copy + paste section with all the sentinels, and the other leads to the U-shaped hallway. It's pretty narrow, with a huge empty shaft in the middle. Maybe a few bridges across the shaft could connect the windows to give it a little more depth.

You have to be careful, because the map freezes if a biped (but not the camera) gets too close to certain areas.

I may take a stab at it if you're not interested, but I probably won't bother with SLC. I have no experience fixing converted BSPs, and it's always been a pain in the ass every time I mess with one.

Is your first image in the hq_1b bsp? I don't see where it is or how to reach it.
Twinreaper

Post by Twinreaper »

To be honest I am not sure? I think only 1, not 1b has those copy and pasted hallways. I dont plan on doin the area you showed, so feal free. I do know what you mean about frezing with the biped's. Thats the main reason I put the zanzibar gates where I did for 1b. It seems that everywhere there is a piston on that particular section....it freezes. I ran into a similar problem while doing the Entombed: Excavation map.....map 1 of the Entombed series. Still not sure if I have the freeze points fixed properly, as my xbox is broken and noone wants to help me test the maps for very long.
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

NO WAY!

This looks awesome!!! Make another! :D :D
Remnant! We were the last stand.
Twinreaper

Post by Twinreaper »

Thanks for the vote of confidence there Doorm4n! I'm gettin them ready and out as fast as I can....with of coarse SLC still being whats holding hq_2 and Hq_4 from a release. If anyone can guarantee a SLC fix for it....PLEASE HELP ME OUT!!