Nightwinder2 Updated And Reposted

This is dedicated to all the mods the community wants to share!
Patches only people. No Map files.
JacksonCougar
Huurcat

Re: Nightwinder2 Updated And Reposted

Post by JacksonCougar »

@pf
In the plugins I dumped there are some new barrel flag values that might work for what you are trying to do;
"stagger fire across multiple markers" and "projectiles fire parallel"... anyways take a look

Code: Select all

<struct name="Barrels" offset="720" size="236" maxelements="2" padalign="4" visible="false">
    <bitmask32 name="Flags" offset="0">
      <option name="Tracks Fired Projectile" description="poo poo ca ca pee pee" value="0" />
      <option name="Random Firing Effects" description="rather than being chosen sequentially, firing effects are picked randomly" value="1" />
      <option name="Can Fire With Partial Ammo" description="allows a weapon to be fired as long as there is a non-zero amount of ammunition loaded" value="2" />
      <option name="Projectiles Use Weapon Origin" description="instead of coming out of the magic first person camera origin, the projectiles for this weapon actually come out of the gun" value="3" />
      <option name="Ejects During Chamber" description="this trigger's ejection port is started during the key frame of its chamber animation" value="4" />
      <option name="Use Error When Unzoomed" value="5" />
      <option name="Projectile Vector Cannot Be Adjusted" description="projectiles fired by this weapon cannot have their direction adjusted by the AI to hit the target" value="6" />
      <option name="Projectiles Have Identical Error" value="7" />
      <option name="Projectiles Fire Parallel" description="If there are multiple guns for this trigger, the projectiles emerge in parallel beams (rather than independant aiming)" value="8" />
      <option name="Cant Fire When Others Firing" value="9" />
      <option name="Cant Fire When Others Recovering" value="10" />
      <option name="Don't Clear Fire Bit After Recovering" value="11" />
      <option name="Stagger Fire Across Multiple Markers" value="12" />
      <option name="Fires Locked Projectiles" value="13" />
    </bitmask32>
2. Translate the primary trigger marker of the warthog chain gun so the projectiles go in a spiral as the gun fires. This works on the turret, but I don't know how to attach the spinning turret to a weapon the player can walk around with.
This works because the marker for that is attached to a node which animates: in theory you can do this with any weapon but we don't have animation injection yet so it would require hand-editing an animation or maybe importing one? Out of my modding depth here :}
troymac1ure
Keeper of Entity

Post by troymac1ure »

I'm not good with that end of things, but couldn't you just create a ring model and use that (like the rocket)?
CaptainPoopface

Post by CaptainPoopface »

@Jackson Thanks, I tried those a long time ago. Projectiles fire parallel seems to do nothing or is otherwise overridden. Stagger fire just means that firing alternates between primary trigger markers, such as the ghost gun. I think I can pull it off with very small error on a ring of firing markers.
Moving the animation would be a task for Demonic or DarkShallFall, if they could somehow be resurrected. It might work to copy bones from the turret to some other weapon, but that's out of my modding depth.

@Troy, projectile collision is frustratingly complex. Projectiles only detect collision with objects and players at their center, not their edge. But projectiles collide with other projectiles on their edges. For example, if you give a grenade the collision of the soccer ball, it will sit halfway through the bsp. But then you can hit the surface of it with bullets. PITA but I'm sure Bungie had their reasons.

@MrMurder sorry for hijacking your thread! Unleash another mod on us sometime.
JacksonCougar
Huurcat

Post by JacksonCougar »

I think it's possible to use an obj as a bullet indirectly: give it a firing effect with velocity and assign it an impact effect with jpt! damage. This would probably count as a guardian kill though :\ maybe you can use the damage effect ident inside the weapon tag to spawn it and keep the player linking though? But yes; other than that I don't think you can get around the point-ness of bullets.

What happens when you assign a bloc directly to the projectile ident? They might be compatible because they both are based off object-class.

What happens when you a assign a hlmt-tag with a physics tag to the projectile?
XZodia
Staff

Post by XZodia »

CaptainPoopface wrote:@Troy, projectile collision is frustratingly complex. Projectiles only detect collision with objects and players at their center, not their edge. But projectiles collide with other projectiles on their edges. For example, if you give a grenade the collision of the soccer ball, it will sit halfway through the bsp. But then you can hit the surface of it with bullets. PITA but I'm sure Bungie had their reasons.
This because the projectile find's collisions by checking if the position of the projectile is inside a model or not. (This requires a lot less calculations than checking if a model intersects another model)
JacksonCougar wrote:I find you usually have great ideas.
JacksonCougar wrote:Ah fuck. Why must you always be right? Why.
MrMurder

Post by MrMurder »

So good to see you guys still pushing things forward on halo, made my day to say the least.
so much going on here with me work and life along with being in the process of applying to emigrate to Oz in the next 2 years.
Let me dig around in my old hard drives and see what's there under the dust.
Sure I can pop something on here for you all if it helps in anyway.
Thanks For You're Time