Laredo prison facillity

This is dedicated to all the mods the community wants to share!
Patches only people. No Map files.
Ogrish

Laredo prison facillity

Post by Ogrish »

Gary

Re: Laredo prison facillity

Post by Gary »

Anyone have Serenity?
Ogrish

Post by Ogrish »

JacksonCougar
Huurcat

Post by JacksonCougar »

DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

images?
Remnant! We were the last stand.
Ogrish

Post by Ogrish »

CaptainPoopface

Post by CaptainPoopface »

Overall: I think it's pretty good. It could use a little more cover, like maybe some crates or trucks in the center. More suggestions below...

Weapons: The shotgun is intense. It also lags my Xbox a little (but my box lags sometimes when other people's don't). I recommend toning it down. The rocket also seems too fast. I could not find the brute shot that shoots banshee bombs.

I think you could add a police baton. Please feel free to add the taser and cinderblock (grenade) from my Cellmates mod. They go very well with a prison theme. Then you could have cinderblocks all over the place, and people could pick them up and throw them again (detonation spawns a new itmc). This would also be a great place to have a methamphetamine powerup, so people can temporarily run fast and hop a fence. Using the same method, you could add a come-down from the meth that makes people slow and unable to jump, so they have to lay low. Magnum would be a nice weapon to have also. If you spawn bipeds through the itmc (I think), they appear standing up with no weapon. You could station some soldiers around the barracks, so when you kill them, you can take their baton and/or magnum (itmc spawned by their death, unless you can equip the soldier bipeds with those weapons by default). Tear gas grenades would be a nice touch, again using the stun effect.

Gameplay: I think the center needs more allure to it. There isn't much reason to go in the middle and be wide open with no cover, other than getting the sniper rifle and rocket launcher. Maybe if you play king of the hill and the hill is always in the center, that livens it up. Adding more cover in the middle would help. If it were a higher position that could look down on the outskirts, it would make more sense for a player to try and hold it. I think you should also have at least one teleporter that takes you from one barrack to the one across the map, as though someone dug a tunnel. Maybe a man cannon that shoots someone very high from the one of the barracks to the center, so you can get there quickly, but then everyone knows exactly where you are, like in Ascension.

Other recommendations:
- I like the health on the HUD. Consider taking the shields out entirely and having no health recharge, and putting some health packs in the barracks.
- Shaders are a little bland. Could you add some of the concrete shaders from headlong and zanzibar?
- Consider a "riot" version where there are overturned warthogs and fires and blood on the floor and walls, maybe some soldier bodies lying around. You could also add a warden's office in the center, with the warden (maybe the bald guy in his dress whites) hanging from one of those dangling lights from Zanzibar.
- "Electrify" the fences by putting death zones on them. Add acceleration effects to the impact of all projectiles, so players too close to the fence can get blasted into it and killed. I think gemini has only one death zone, so you might be limited to only one electric fence unless you can build more in. If you build the map into tombstone, it has about 20 death zones you can use. I always wanted to build a map like that, where you try to push people into death walls. :P
- Can you add some AI turrets? I wish I knew how snakejknight made this mod where masterchiefs aim and periodically shoot at the player.
Ogrish

Post by Ogrish »

well ive been trying to come up with some reasons to hang around in the middle and i think my new weapon might help, but ill elaborate more later.

thanx for the sugestions they have got me started back on this map.
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

I can't wait to try this!
Ogrish

Post by Ogrish »

I ran into some problems a took a break, but ill try to finished soon.
This happens often i break the map a couple times and have to got to backups, then i redue shit and if it breaks again i take a break,
so i dont pull out the rest of my thinning hair.

But you can get a unfinished copy from the server along with some other mods of mine.
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

DAmmit, I have yet to get this map to load. It freezes at start when I patch gemini. Got any ideaS?
troymac1ure
Keeper of Entity

Post by troymac1ure »

I know I had it working back ages ago. I think I still have the patched version. Check when I get home...
Ogrish

Post by Ogrish »

I have an old version on my xbox, its befor i broke the map with my reusable thrown rock weapon/projectile,(thanx for the idea :wink: ) and my weight bench with removable weight bar melea weapon.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/d4yl40
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

hahaha, damn. I hope I can get this version working! Thanks for the patch! :D
Thrasher Alpha

Post by Thrasher Alpha »

The download no longer works.
Ogrish

Post by Ogrish »

i still have 2 patches on my pc, sorry i cant test them.
Attachments
Laredo Prison Facilityv1.serenity
(7.73 MiB) Downloaded 411 times
Laredo Prison Facility.serenity
(7.61 MiB) Downloaded 376 times