Ascension - Island - Skin

This is dedicated to all the mods the community wants to share!
Patches only people. No Map files.
sabu

Ascension - Island - Skin

Post by sabu »

Ascension

Brief Information

Hello it's Sabu again. I've composed this thread to go ahead and share some of my most recent work with you. The map base is Ascension, I just decided to pick a theme and stick with it, after tampering with it the entire morning putting some effort into the skinning I decided to declare it's completion. Things you must know about this modification is that it's only a skin, nothing more is skinned on the map other than the textures that needed to be changed in order to bring out what I'm trying to show. I didn't skin the metal because after I had skinned the entire ground that metal texture seemed to blend in perfectly with what I wanted. I would also like to state here publicly that if I had posted this in the wrong section or I'm a noob and need to put more time into my "Mods" then I'm sorry. The entire purpose of this modification is to reveal a more appealing look to Ascension while you play multiplayer. I'm slowly learning how to do the things you guys do and hope to reach a greater level some day in my work, that's why I joined. :oops:

What was done

The entire natural ground has been skinned, water and sky from Zanzibar added, deathzone re-leveled, some bushes to add more scenery.

Pictures

Download Serenity

Code: Select all

http://www.mediafire.com/?5q0dfv82vip413t
☆ Click my signature to navigate back to Remnantmods Board index. Made by sabu. ☆
troymac1ure
Keeper of Entity

Re: Ascension - Island - Skin

Post by troymac1ure »

I like it! It's nice to see some quality skinning, unlike older mods that just made everything colored transparent with guns that made huge explosions (although some of them were quite fun) :lol:
sabu

Post by sabu »

Thanks. Since Halo 2 servers are down for eternity, I play on systemlink a lot but even I get tired of the "Bold depressing" look. So I figure why not alter it into something others or I would like.
O and I couldn't have done it without your entity!
☆ Click my signature to navigate back to Remnantmods Board index. Made by sabu. ☆
xxpenguinxx

Post by xxpenguinxx »

I like it. It has the forge world look with the old school halo feel.
DemonicSandwich wrote:See that? You see that how it is highlighted down here but it's not highlighted right there? Ah, I guess that's what I get for pirating it.
In Soviet Russia, DS touches you. Say it again and I'll do more than touch. ~DS -Oh baby
A cat was licking itself to the sound of potato chips.
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

the water seems like a really nice addition! Good job and good skin!
Remnant! We were the last stand.
fuzzman

Post by fuzzman »

Looks good man, I like the plants you added, don't really see those in skins.
OwnZ joO

Post by OwnZ joO »

I also agree, nice to see some quality skins.