Halo 2 Multiplayer Beta

This is dedicated to all the mods the community wants to share!
Patches only people. No Map files.
feedthefishy

Re: Halo 2 Multiplayer Beta

Post by feedthefishy »

Okay i got a question, What do you need to run the Halo 2 Multiplayer Beta??? A softmodded original xbox/ ftp cable for transferring data?? could someone please put it in steps of what needs to be done to get this running thanks :).
Click16

Post by Click16 »

feedthefishy wrote:Okay i got a question, What do you need to run the Halo 2 Multiplayer Beta??? A softmodded original xbox/ ftp cable for transferring data?? could someone please put it in steps of what needs to be done to get this running thanks :).
i added a "prerequisites" section in the main post.
feedthefishy

Post by feedthefishy »

Click16 wrote:
feedthefishy wrote:Okay i got a question, What do you need to run the Halo 2 Multiplayer Beta??? A softmodded original xbox/ ftp cable for transferring data?? could someone please put it in steps of what needs to be done to get this running thanks :).
i added a "prerequisites" section in the main post.
Main post?? what section is that on? :$
Zaid

Post by Zaid »

The first page of this thread.....
Zaid

Post by Zaid »

If you don't know how to do it then I would recommend not going through all the trouble, because it's not all that special.
feedthefishy

Post by feedthefishy »

OH he recently added them thanks, And no i know what I'm doing, I just wanted requirements and it is worth it by far!!! :D
lucas93

Post by lucas93 »

Click16 wrote:
kornman00 wrote:I got the beta (clean) from someone I knew, but the modified XBE i got from searching around online. Why do you want to know?
I knew I should have kept my crack private. Now people use my work without so much as a 'thanks'. /sigh
BrAlZy

Post by BrAlZy »

Click16 wrote:
eMoneyGraphix wrote:It still isn't working i tried using both xbe files...
Okay, now you must be doing something wrong, I mean, if you have the cracked XBE installed correctly, where it says "NOT LOGGED IN" it should be blank... So hopefully I can do some tests to find out if I even uploaded the right files...
Hi Click.

You Have Uploaded The Wrong Files. There Is No Cracked XBE The You Uploaded. I Tried Using Both And There Was A "Not Logged In" I Am Using UnleashX.

However, I Have Obtained A Cracked Halo 2 Beta That Works :D , But Doesn't Have The Mongoose Or The Weapon :( .

So If You Can Upload The Cracked XBE With The Mongoose And The Weapons Hex Edited To Spawn.
Zaid

Post by Zaid »

lucas93 wrote:
Click16 wrote:
kornman00 wrote:I got the beta (clean) from someone I knew, but the modified XBE i got from searching around online. Why do you want to know?
I knew I should have kept my crack private. Now people use my work without so much as a 'thanks'. /sigh
That's Click16 for you...
Click16

Post by Click16 »

Zaid wrote:
lucas93 wrote:I knew I should have kept my crack private. Now people use my work without so much as a 'thanks'. /sigh
That's Click16 for you...
:roll:
Click16

Post by Click16 »

BrAlZy wrote:Hi Click.

You Have Uploaded The Wrong Files. There Is No Cracked XBE The You Uploaded. I Tried Using Both And There Was A "Not Logged In" I Am Using UnleashX.

However, I Have Obtained A Cracked Halo 2 Beta That Works :D , But Doesn't Have The Mongoose Or The Weapon :( .

So If You Can Upload The Cracked XBE With The Mongoose And The Weapons Hex Edited To Spawn.
I will fix this.

EDIT: Should be correct now, if someone wants to check it for me?
BrAlZy

Post by BrAlZy »

Sadly, Click, I Can't. :(

I Played The Halo 2 Beta Before My XBox Gave Me Error 21. I'm Sorry I Can't Check.

So If Someone Else Could Please Check.
Click16

Post by Click16 »

BrAlZy wrote:I Played The Halo 2 Beta Before My XBox Gave Me Error 21.
Hmm... Never had an error 21 before... I just checked on Xbox Scene and it says this:
xbox-scene.com wrote:21 - anywhere - This error says that the machine was booted to display a error, basically someone told the machine to reboot (or launch a xbe) with this flag, and the error code just means its been rebooted by the flag
XBOX error codes explained by Superfro (v0.1)
Grimdoomer
Admin

Post by Grimdoomer »

Those descriptions mean fuck all. Find an iso for slayers evox auto installer, if your console boots that then reinstall w/e dashboard you had. If it doesn't then your either gunna need a modchip or you will need to hotswap the hdd into another console w/ modchip or a pc. I never tried hotswapping it into a pc before, but I have had success with hotswapping it into another console with a modchip.
Don't snort the magic, we need it for the network.
Click16

Post by Click16 »

Grimdoomer wrote:I never tried hotswapping it into a pc before, but I have had success with hotswapping it into another console with a modchip.
Same.
BrAlZy

Post by BrAlZy »

The Reason It Won't Load Is Because UnleashX Failed To Make My Backup. :x

Then I Needed To Reinstall Because I Had FTP Problems.

And I Went To Uninstall UnleashX (Which Was Succesful) And I Went To Boot Up My XBox And BAM!, Error 21.

I Even Had It Set To Load xboxdash.xbe
eMoneyGraphix

Post by eMoneyGraphix »

Hey I think i could help you out I was in a similar situation once before and I fixed it using the Xbox Rescue Disc also if that doesn't work I have other methods as well. You could also use hdd maker to unlock your xbox then use xplorer 360 to access your hard drive then you could manually edit your hd then you could repair it by using your backups .

Also click i just tested your new xbe that you posted and it works great! I was able to bypass the xbox live login. :D
lucas93

Post by lucas93 »

eMoneyGraphix wrote:i just tested your new xbe that you posted and it works great! I was able to bypass the xbox live login. :D
You're welcome :roll:

Seriously Click, if you were going to release my crack (a good 3 months of my spare time went into that), the very least you could have done is kept my name in it! I've disassembled your xbe and (not to my surprise) I found all changes I made to the stock xbe. It's easy to change characters, op codes not so much :p
I would appreciate it if you uploaded the copy that had my name in it. If you don't have a copy of that I will upload one. (Think of that as saying "thanks" to me)
Click16

Post by Click16 »

EDIT: This post is now useless...
Last edited by Click16 on Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zaid

Post by Zaid »

I think you should remove the entire beta completely and just let the user who cracked it it post it if they want...
Ogrish

Post by Ogrish »

You chose to release this, and even released Apps to run it and mod it.
Ive never tried it, but i thank you for doing this anyway.
If noone shared anything there would have never been a modding cumunity to start with.
P.S. (To those who have nothing else to contribute, but want attention) I know my spelling is wrong, and im ok with it).
I say it stays!
Zaid

Post by Zaid »

P.S. (To those who have nothing else to contribute, but want attention)
Who are you talking about?
Ogrish

Post by Ogrish »

Those who would complain about my bad grammer/spelling.
Zaid

Post by Zaid »

Ogrish wrote:Those who would complain about my bad grammer/spelling.
*grammar
If no one shared anything there would have never been a modding cumunity to start with.
*community
:p
lol jk
kornman00

Post by kornman00 »

lucas93 wrote:
Click16 wrote:
You forgot to remove my quote block when quoting him...he said that, not me ;)