Anti-Gravity Warthog

This is dedicated to all the mods the community wants to share!
Patches only people. No Map files.
XZodia
Staff

Anti-Gravity Warthog

Post by XZodia »

After the UNSC salvaged part of a covenant vehicle, top scientists reverse engineered it and developed this prototype Anti-gravity Warthog.

Features:
Custom Anti-Grav, It has the feel of a warthog but is clearly anti-grav =D
Lens Flares on the Jets, get brighter the faster the Warthog is going.
Anti-Grav Sounds
Anti-Grav Jets
Boost (Left Trigger)
All standard vehicles in the map function as normal.

Download: http://www.remnantmods.com/files/xzodia ... rthog.sppf

Download: http://www.remnantmods.com/files/xzodia ... rthog.sppf
JacksonCougar wrote:I find you usually have great ideas.
JacksonCougar wrote:Ah fuck. Why must you always be right? Why.
T Beezie

Re: Anti-Gravity Warthog

Post by T Beezie »

Nice work XZodia! Gonna have to try this soon.. sorry I haven't been on AIM, my 'puter caught a bug, had to wipe it clean and I'm in the process of re-installing alot of stuff.
No worries though, I kept 'back-ups' this time. :mrgreen:
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

This is so awesome. I'll be testing it out soon.
Remnant! We were the last stand.
CaptainPoopface

Post by CaptainPoopface »

Orsm! Nice to see you back at it. Will test and let you know what I think. May have to wait until the weekend though...

:woo:

Edit: I presume the patch is for coagulation.
CaptainPoopface

Post by CaptainPoopface »

I like it. It looks and sounds really smooth, and it has its own warthoggy handling that isn't like the ghost or spectre. A few recommendations:

- I think the hover height should be higher. I keep crashing the front or back end on slight elevation changes.
- Remove the rear bumper. Where we're going we don't need...roads. 8-)
- Boost could be faster and have a temporary off time, like the wraith. I couldn't really tell the difference between boosting and not boosting. I would also accept the infinite boost.
- Please let me shoot the turret while driving, or drive the vehicle while manning the turret. :D
Gary

Post by Gary »

CaptainPoopface wrote: - Please let me shoot the turret while driving, or drive the vehicle while manning the turret. :D
You can't tick the one or two flags to do this? :P
XZodia
Staff

Post by XZodia »

CaptainPoopface wrote:I like it. It looks and sounds really smooth, and it has its own warthoggy handling that isn't like the ghost or spectre.
Thanks, that is what I was going for =)
CaptainPoopface wrote:- I think the hover height should be higher. I keep crashing the front or back end on slight elevation changes.
This is something I noticed, although I had forgotten about...
But actually, the same thing happens with the ghost when boosting, so I'm not sure there's anything I can do about it.
CaptainPoopface wrote:- Remove the rear bumper. Where we're going we don't need...roads. 8-)
=P
CaptainPoopface wrote:- Boost could be faster and have a temporary off time, like the wraith. I couldn't really tell the difference between boosting and not boosting. I would also accept the infinite boost.
This comes down to balancing it with the ghost and normal warthog. It is actually faster than the ghost when boosting and has the normal warthogs max speed when not boosting.
As cool as it would be to make it faster, I didnt want to overpower it.
A short boost might be cool and even make sense, however I'm not sure it would serve much purpose...
CaptainPoopface wrote:- Please let me shoot the turret while driving, or drive the vehicle while manning the turret. :D
While the first is possible and I am a fan of it, I was going for a "realistic" version. By all means do this yourself =)
I wish it was possible to drive from the turret as it would give me more options for making vehicles, unfortunately it is not =(

Btw, feel free to make use of this in any of your own mods and make any changes you like to it =)
Talk to me if you want to put it in a different map, the transfer process can be a little tricky.
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

I had to spawn it through the rocket launcher ammo because it didn't spawn on its own, but once I got it going I really enjoyed it. I have to say you are one of the finest vehicle editors in Halo 2 that I know of. You've made some badass vehicles and this one is one of the finer ones. The gravity elevation could be tweaked a tiny bit but it drives really well and I'm really impressed with how natural it feels.
Remnant! We were the last stand.
XZodia
Staff

Post by XZodia »

Thank you =)
It odd that you had to change the spawn...its set to spawn through the ghost itmc, so it should spawn so long as secondary vehicle is set to default.