~Skyline~ by DoorM4n

This is dedicated to all the mods the community wants to share!
Patches only people. No Map files.
DoorM4n

~Skyline~ by DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

Hey y'all,

Today I proudly present Skyline. Skyline is a custom map I've created in the Ivory Tower BSP. As the pictures show, Ivory Tower is almost completely erased, which allowed me to create an entirely new environment and arena on the rooftop of two custom-made buildings. This map is full of obstacles, trees, and challenges--including jumping between buildings when you're on the offensive. Skyline was created to be a small yet intense combat map. In my test trials, I have found that there are just enough obstacles to use as cover while just enough to remain non-restrictive. This symmetrical map is littered with weapons both minor and heavy. You will find each building contains the very necessary sniper rifle and rocket launcher, too. My favorite addition to the map, however, is the new flying vehicle that I have ported from Halo Custom Edition on the PC: the Wasp. This vehicle adds an entirely new perspective to this cityscape, allowing players to make flybys firing both a machine gun and secondary rocket. In the end, I have persisted in constructing a well balanced, symmetrical custom Halo 2 map. I hope you enjoy Skyline.

•Custom Map
•Custom Vehicle
•Custom Skins
•Original Weapons
•Custom Bases
•Custom Unicode
•Custom Models

Real Time Shadows Version

Lastly, there are two versions in the file. There is an original version and a Real Time Shadows version. Some people like aesthetics and don't mind a bit of lag if the map looks better. With the Skyline (Real Time Shadows aka RTS) patch, the map has real lighting coming from the spotlights. RTS is buggy at times, but it adds a much more real environment to your map. I debated whether even creating a RTS version, but I included it only because I actually did debate this. I prefer the original. You may prefer the latter.

Bugs:
I havent found any combat bugs except that sometimes you will "fall" off your Wasp while flying. The banshee barrier has tremendously helped remove the possibility of flying through the bsp and ultimately killing yourself.

Also, CTF gametypes may not work perfectly. Territories, oddball, and King of Hill "should" work. The big issue with gametypes is the team spawning. Unfortunately for the players, I am moving on from this project in order to make a different map.

Thank you for checking out Skyline. I am confident you'll have fun playing on it.

DoorM4n

• Remnant Mods users! All of you! You know who you are! Way too many to list. Thanks for answering all my questions and supporting my efforts!

• Program Makers! Pokecancer for Entity, troymaclure for his edited version of Entity, Darkshallfall for Onyx, Swampfox for ADI, farklem for Dothalo, Ironforge for Serenity, Low8 for SPPF, Fantastic Six for all of the Ubertools, XZodia for Yelo Neighborhood, Xbox7887 for Yelo and RTH, and Click16 for his Mass Spawn Changer!

• DOMINATOR of Halo CE for the Wasp tags.

• Demonichsandwich and Darkshallfall for the spotlight models.

• Bungie! Modders wouldn't be here without Bungie, and we, therefore, owe almost everything to Bungie.

• kornmann for keeping HaloMods alive!

• Thanks Click16 for testing all this out with me man!

Visit Us!
http://www.remnantmods.com
http://www.halomods.com
Last edited by DoorM4n on Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Remnant! We were the last stand.
neodos

Re: ~Skyline~ by DoorM4n

Post by neodos »

This is fantastic!! great job Doorman, actually this makes me want to play it with you and others, does XBC or Xlink still work?
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

Thanks man!

Yeah! Get on the Remnant Chat with Click and I! We test stuff on XBC and hang out.
XZodia
Staff

Post by XZodia »

Looks great! I'll put it on my xbox =)
JacksonCougar wrote:I find you usually have great ideas.
JacksonCougar wrote:Ah fuck. Why must you always be right? Why.
CaptainPoopface

Post by CaptainPoopface »

Looking good! Can't wait to try this. So much exciting stuff lately.
I might want to put together some dodge ball on this map too.

Neodos can't play; his mom junked his Xbox. :cry:
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

CaptainPoopface wrote:Looking good! Can't wait to try this. So much exciting stuff lately.
I might want to put together some dodge ball on this map too.

Neodos can't play; his mom junked his Xbox. :cry:
OMG, that's a real tragedy. How can she do that?!!! :cry:
XZodia
Staff

Post by XZodia »

A moment of silence for the fallen...
JacksonCougar wrote:I find you usually have great ideas.
JacksonCougar wrote:Ah fuck. Why must you always be right? Why.
DarkShallFall

Post by DarkShallFall »

Looks like a fun Team Dubs map. Well done sir.
JacksonCougar
Huurcat

Post by JacksonCougar »

Just a critique/comment before anything else: when injecting model over the flag base you actually run into a subtle problem. The thing is rather small and has a rather small (...) relative scaling volume (...). What that means is the object is treated as small and the textures are downgraded because its small. The values are stored in the raw so you would have to hex edit them to fix it. (Some of my PMI's set the value to a rather large default, some did not, some might have used preexisting values).

All the aside this is awesome man, I fricking love seeing new mods.
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

Thanks man! Im always open for critiques I'd say the Wasp is the biggest thing to fix (acts a little too much like the banshee) and then some minor objectives stuff. You brought up an interesting thing too. In fact, I'm not sure exactly what you were discussing because I never use the flag base as a base model. I actually hate using the flag base for anything. Click can tell you some of my frustrations that I was venting about last night in terms of the flagbase. I injected all models over the inamberclad or rocket launcher3d model.

Glad I can make you happy with another release too! :P
CaptainPoopface

Post by CaptainPoopface »

This has a polished look to it and comes off nicely. I didn't have a buddy to play with, but it seems a little limited, like you can always see the other person and shoot at them, without any sneaking around or alternate ways from one place to another. Maybe it would play well with some intense CTF or Assault or Oddball. Or some big explody weapons. Still would love to try it with some real competitors. The aircraft is cool. I like the bullets & rockets combo and would gladly have picked this vehicle over the banshee every time. Fun fact: it explodes into banshee pieces! :lol: