Construction Hijinks v1 SLC

This is dedicated to all the mods the community wants to share!
Patches only people. No Map files.
CaptainPoopface

Construction Hijinks v1 SLC

Post by CaptainPoopface »

A bunch of I-beams hang high in Headlong. If you fall, you die. Intended for small, fast-paced games. It's a ROFL house.

Before anyone says the word "random," let me say that this level was constructed around the paths of player motion I envisioned. I even drew diagrams by hand. There is a logic to it. The beams also had to be painstakingly arranged so as not to touch each other at all.

In addition to the standard pink balls that come from the Blast-a-matic, the L trigger fires an explosive green ball. You must wait at least 5 seconds between L trigger shots. The green ball is also heavier and harder to aim than the pink ball.

From the highest beam, you can jump to reach a more powerful weapon.

Notes:
- Halo 2 MP is not designed for such a small map. It tries to intelligently spawn you far from rivals, which can make the respawns easy to predict. Avoid the cheap spawnkilling.
- SLC tested. It rocks.
- No gametypes fixed.
- Do not strafe on a bunch of I-beams! Only run and shoot when you are facing straight down a beam; otherwise, stand still to aim.
- Turn off the suicide point penalty, and make the respawn time as short as possible. You will fall and die a lot in the beginning.
- It takes some getting used to. Give it a few tries.
- The beams do not swing around. I tried that way, but it made the map too difficult and frustrating.
- The Headlong default skin is butt ugly. Oh well.

Credits:
Rockymods, for the bodacious Blast-a-matic model
Neodos, for SLC testing, feedback, general assistance, the phmo edit to make blocs static in space
Xzodia for plugins
Entity, Yelo

Patch Headlong.
Aumaan Anubis
Staff

Re: Construction Hijinks v1 SLC

Post by Aumaan Anubis »

Looks pretty interesting.
Rockymods

Post by Rockymods »

I feel like a soccerball should fall down from the sky for some reason :P Which gives me an idea! Talk to you on AIM when I get the chance :D
Aumaan Anubis
Staff

Post by Aumaan Anubis »

Rockymods wrote:I feel like a soccerball should fall down from the sky for some reason :P Which gives me an idea! Talk to you on AIM when I get the chance :D
Lolz. An asteroid falling from the sky mod has already been made :wink:
Rockymods

Post by Rockymods »

Naw that's not my idea :P actually has nearly nothin to do with what I said.. haha
Remnant Samurai

Post by Remnant Samurai »

wow sweet something to distract me from my school work lol
bumlove

Post by bumlove »

I played this with 3 people any think it would be good with upto 6, well done on the beam placement if a jump looks possible, it is (crouch jumps perhaps) and after may goes you get the feel of the layout like you'll just know you can walk backwards off such a point
good work
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

Genius. :shock:
Remnant! We were the last stand.