Eve of Ages

This is dedicated to all the mods the community wants to share!
Patches only people. No Map files.
Rockymods

Eve of Ages

Post by Rockymods »

Note that this is not an updated version or has anything new, I just copied and pasted it from where I posted it at halomods a long time ago.

What I am asking of you guys though, is to tell me if you think I should really try to finish this. Even one of you guys could finish it if you liked. Surprisingly the link still works :P
[list]Eve of Ages[/list][/color]
  • Author: Rockymods
    Patch: Eve of Ages
    Type: Serenity
    Base: Containment
Map Information:
Eve of ages is set in a time period where magic and swords rule the war zones, and the eve of the ages has finally come where the final battle takes place.

I'm gonna try to describe this map the best I can, so please bare with me for I am not a professional poster. Please note: This mod is not completed, but since halo 3 is dawning upon us and I have not worked on this for over a month I have decided to release what is done. I most likely will finish it for Project halo 2.5, but for now this mod is going to gather dust while I work on the halo 3 weapons.

The Beginning
When I first began this mod I had absolutely no idea how to model. I requested some models in the model thread but of course that was in vain. So I took up the liberty of learning it myself. Some of the models came out nicely some did not. You will notice that none of them are UV mapped which takes alot out of them, but I had no recources in which to do that.

Models:
Once a few of the models were made I ran into trouble with entity erroring when I extracted models. So I created my own method by extracting with darkmatter and then injecting with entity. I use it to this day it works just fine.
Thus began the works on the meta, the more I completed, the more models I made, the more metas I made, and so on. I came to the point where I was going to try to create a catapult. I made the catapult which you can see in the game by spawning the wraith, but I never did anything to it since I have never edited a vehicle and everything I tried to make it look and work right, failed. Then there was the horse.. It.. just didn't work no matter what I did. You can view it by spawning the ghost but you can't even drive it for some reason.

Weapons:
The weapons came out decently nice. I added a last minute touch to the long bow for it shot a little slow since I wanted to turn up the running speed a little. I made a poison dart weapon that worked perfectly except one error, which later after having a few discussions it was figured out why it was messing up and how to fix it. But in the end it was never put into the final for the lack of time and the models.

Skinning
When I came near to finishing this mod I planned on updating the skin so it was all created by me, but since this isn't at that stage it is still just some quick slabs of bitmaps. Skinning things other than the map like vehicles was a real pain and currently I still have not gotten it to work. I have the worst luck with corrupted bitmaps.

The Hardships:
Since I can only mod every other day and every other weekend and I don't mod on those days I can, it took a long time to do alot of the things I did. One really annoying part was when I restarted the whole entire map file. I had broken one of the beam rifle contrails and when I wanted to add more gates to the map, I couldn't for when I chunk cloned it was cycling through an infinite amount of beam rifle broken idents. Many other problems came up but who wants to hear about that.

The biggest unfinished material:
  • -Unmodified vehicles
    -Skin
    -A few weapons
    -Something went wrong with my skulls...
    -I wanted the gates to be placed so it looked nice, but it was to hard to get anything working without my computer being powerful enough to use the bsp mover. The cranks were placed by manual coordinates.
    -The mod itself...
Ofcourse there are more faults but not gonna list everything.

[ YES ] __System Linkable
[ YES ] __Weapon Mods
[ YES ] __Skin Mods
[ ___ ] __Physics Mods
[ ___ ] __Lighting Mods
[ ___ ] __Vehicle Mods )=

Preview Images:
Not the best picture taker but here you are:

Arrows stick into you, as do the spears :P

Credits:
Monkey Terd-For his fog tutorial
Captain Poopface-For helping me with the gates and talking about the bugs in the map. A very big help
Doorm4n-For brainstorming with me to make this mod the best it could be. Even if it isn't finished (Can't wait for your mods!)
The whole of Team 2.5, I may have only joined them maybe a month or so ago but newbymodder, reclaimer1217, tteape0, and the rest of the team were helps when I was on a roll with this mod
And anyone else I forgot! (Hopefully I didn't)

Well I hope that is all, hopefully you guys won't be to harsh on me for releasing this unfinished. It is my first mod to ever be professionally made though!
OwnZ joO

Re: Eve of Ages

Post by OwnZ joO »

Bow looks sweet, cool mod.
CaptainPoopface

Post by CaptainPoopface »

I always liked this, but the map is too big. The days when you could populate a Containment-sized mod with enough people to make it playable are long gone. I say port it to Desolation or Warlock. Maybe Coagulation if you like the open space, but Coag is an overmodded map.

UV the models, put it on Warlock/Desolation, fix SLC, and this is a winner.

It would be a shame to leave it in its unfinished state.

BTW, what is happening with that containment core?
Rockymods

Post by Rockymods »

I'll see if I can, I don't think I made them easily extractable but I can do it still.
As for the fusion coil, It's my staff shooting at it
Remnant Samurai

Post by Remnant Samurai »

i really like playing this map ae i played halo 2 with my other mates but its not much of a challenge cause they never play mods
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

I loved this mod when I played it ages ago. Sorry, I couldn't help in the ways I had epxlianed in the past. Glad to see you post it here! :D
Remnant! We were the last stand.
Skrillaka

Post by Skrillaka »

Looks great!

I luv the bow and arrow btw

Awesome :D
Ladies like armour plating, Masterchief's armour plating :D
Gary

Post by Gary »

this looks realy cool,
i like more future like mods tho(thats just me)

i hope you can get it done