[vehicle] Bulldog Motorcycle

This is dedicated to all the mods the community wants to share!
Patches only people. No Map files.
DemonicSandwich
Trollwich

[vehicle] Bulldog Motorcycle

Post by DemonicSandwich »

Bulldog Motorcyle

SD187 Ultra-Light All-Terrain-Motorcycle
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SD187 ULATM "Bulldog"
Top Speed: Electronically restricted to 90 mph / 145 kph
Mpg: 27
Power Plant: 12.0 L liquid-cooled hydrogen-injected ICE (Identical to the power plant used in the M12 Warthog)
Weight: 2107 lbs / 955.7 kg
Length: 13.5 feet
Width: 3.4 feet with weapons / 2.2 feet without
Height: 4.7 feet

Description/History:
---The SD187 ULATM, a.k.a. the Bulldog, was started around the same time as the M274 Mongoose. The UNSC was looking for a type of light weight transport vehicle for transferring messages, documents, and reconnaissance personnel but also be very inexpensive to repair, deploy, and replace if necessary. A group of engineers came up with ideas to build two different vehicles, one being a 4-wheel ATV and an all-terrain motorcycle that they would codename: "Hell Rider".

---The engineers loosely based the suspension system off of the M12 Warthog to be adequate for rough terrain. They equipped the Bulldog with duel Gatling-type machine guns to act as a form of offense if the rider could not escape from a fight. However to both avoid designing a power plant for the vehicle and keep costs down, they used the power plant commonly used in the M12 Warthog.
This allowed parts of the Bulldog could be interchanged with those of a Warthog. This also made the Bulldog sound identicle to a Warthog to the untrained ear. However this made the Bulldog weight a little over a ton which brought on many issues.
Because of this massive weight, normal marines could not raise the bike if it had fallen onto its side. Spartans on the other hand had only a little trouble with lifting it. With the extra weight, the rider had to keep a rather high speed to keep it from toppling over.

---To solve the issue of balance with the extra weight, the engineering team developed a self-adjusting gyro stabilizer for the vehicle. The stabilizer alone had enough momentum to lift the Bulldog upright all on its own. It also allowed the vehicle to tilt just enough to turn and keep the bike from falling. A kickstand was never installed since the gyro could keep the bike upright while idling and the fact that a strong enough kickstand could not be made. The Bulldog's suspension would lower and the bike would rest on its belly when its engine was shut off.

---The device however had, literally, a fatal flaw. The gyro would fail when the vehicle reached speeds between 130 mph and 150mph or under heavy breaking above 2Gs. The team tried to solved this by installing a device to electronically cap the top speed at 90 but this device tended to failed under the massive power of the Warthog engine. The gyro failure in turn usually caused the bike to topple over onto its rider's legs. Very often the injuries from such an accident were far from repair and required amputation of the leg involved. In many cases of combat, the bike would kill the rider if enemy fire did not.

---After claiming too many lives, it was taken back and redesigned. The Mrk2 version of the motorcycle had been constructed of lighter metals and held a much smaller power plant. These changes reduced the weight by nearly half down to 1220 lbs. However marines were far to terrified of the vehicle and where often used as spare parts since the new power plant still used Warthog engine parts. Project "Hell Rider" was closed as a failure. However project "Serpent Chaser" would turn out successful and turned out an ATV called the "Mongoose". The remaining Mrk1 Bulldogs were sold to the few trusting marines after signing a legal waiver.

Observations:
The Bulldog proved to be very useful and very dangerous. The marines were quick to use this vehicle at first and it got personnel from point A to point B at a very fast pace. However, most marine now won't even come near the vehicle. Only marines with "dare-devil" like attitudes or just experience with riding such a heavy motorcycle are willing to ride the Bulldog and the remaining Bulldogs were sold off to such marines.

Remarks:
"The reason people called that motorcycle the "Bulldog" is cause it acts just like the animal. You treat it right and it'll save your life, you treat it bad and it'll tear of your frig'n leg...and in allot cases it did just that, tear off someones leg."

"Usually the first thing people did is cut the exhaust pipes down to the belly cause they would start burning your gear when you hit the throttle."

"The two Gatling guns are real nice if you see your self against a banshee, a couple hundred rounds makes the pilot change his mind."

"This is the kind of bike you wouldn't think of 'laying down' or you'll end up having 2,000 pounds pinch your leg off at the joint. Dying by enemy fire is less painful."

"Wow, they tore out a fucking Warthog engine and put 2 wheels and a seat on it! Isn't that a little INSANE?!"

"They say they restricted the top speed to 90 for safety, I think they did it cause the mileage. First thing I did was rip off that regulator and take a 120 mph test drive down the dirt road from our base. I know how to ride a bike unlike most other marines. Most he people who got their legs crushed never rode a motorcycle in their lives."

"People would get scared to go over 95 cause they think the gyro will crap out. The thing is that the Bulldog has enough momentum to stay upright at that speed so you can just turn the gyro off, then turn it back on when you slow down."

"It has no radar, or radio. The only instruments this thing has is a speedometer and a gas gauge. It doesn't even have a kickstand. You shut off the engine and it belly flops onto the ground."

ImageImage

====================================================================================================================================================

This vehicle is free to use as long as you give proper credit.

This is the Bulldog motorcycle that was originally supposed to make its appearance in DarkShallFalls's "BioDrop" which can be found here.
I made several modifications to the model however I am not the creator of the model. The original creator is a user by the name of jahrain.

This vehicle boasts properly sized [coll] and mostly accurate [phmo]. Its duel Gatling guns have been tweaked to promote some balance. Its top speed is far faster than the warthog but take care at high speeds, it gets outta control if you don't pay attention.

The known bugs with the Bulldog are:
  • Sometimes one of the tires will "fail" and the bike kinda droops to the ground a bit. Its rare but the vehicle usually pops back up.
  • A well placed grenade will blow the Bulldog sky high, literally.
  • The tires "blow off" on hosts screen but on client xbox's, the tires don't change and no effect happens. But two tires to appear on client xbox's even though there are still two on the vehicle.

Now comes the tutorial to show you how to implement the tags into your own map. :D

You will need the two maps I've posted below, your modded map, and Insolence.
If your map cannot be opened in Insolence then there is a good chance that you will either not have the Bulldog, or sacrifice the Warthog for the Bulldog. We need Insolence to do two things: transfer the tags, and transfer a copy of the Warthog [vehi] tag.
Desktop.part1.rar
Part 1. DOWNLOAD BOTH FILES!
(1.5 MiB) Downloaded 662 times
Desktop.part2.rar
Part 2. DOWNLOAD BOTH FILES!
(1020.09 KiB) Downloaded 664 times
Note to Remnant users. Since there is an attachment limit of 2 mb, I had to add the files to split volumes. Download both files!

Step 1)
Open your modded map and the "Bulldog [vehi]" map in Insolence.
In the "Bulldog [vehi]" map, scroll down to the [vehi] taglist, right click the warthog's tag, select Rename. Enter object\vehicles\bulldog\bulldog_motorcycle as the tag name and hit ok.
Once it finishes, go back down to the [vehi], select your new vehicle tag and drag it into your modded map.

Test 1)
Find a way to spawn the new bulldog [vehi] tag. If spawned, it should be a warthog with its headlights on by default. If the warthog spawns, now throw a grenade at the warthog. If the warthog bounces around the map like a pinball, you have issues; if it reacts to the grenade like normal then continue on.

Step 2)
Open your map back up in Insolence but this time, open the "Bulldog tags" map in Insolence as well.
In the "Bulldog tags" map, scroll to the [hlmt] tag list and select the tag named: objects\vehicles\bulldog\bulldog_motorcycle and drag it into your map. It should take a short time to transfer all the tags.
Once the tags are transfered, open you map in the editor you choose (I chose Entity since its my default), scroll to the [vehi] tag list, select the objects\vehicles\bulldog\bulldog_motorcycle tag and change its [hlmt] dependency to objects\vehicles\bulldog\bulldog_motorcycle.
ImageImage

Test 2)
It's time to test once more. Same procedure as test 1, just spawn the Bulldog and see if things work.
In my case they do. :wink:
You may notice that the MC isn't holding onto the handle bars like he should, thats in the next step.

Step 3)
Open your modded map and the "Bulldog tags" map in Insolence.
In the "Bulldog tags" map, scroll to the [jmad] tag list and you should notice the two new jmads easily.
Select the objects\characters\dervish\dervish(Bulldog) tag and drag it into your map.
Select the objects\characters\masterchief\masterchief(Bulldog) tag and drag it into your map.
You are now done with the tag transfers.

Open your map in your choice of editor. Scroll to the [hlmt] tag list and select the objects\characters\masterchief\masterchief_mp tag and change its [jmad] dependency to objects\characters\masterchief\masterchief(Bulldog).
Now select the objects\characters\elite\elite_mp tag and change its [jmad] dependency to objects\characters\dervish\dervish(Bulldog).
ImageImageImage

Now scroll down to the [vehi] tag list and open the objects\vehicles\bulldog\bulldog_motorcycle tag in the meta editor and scroll down to the "Attachments" reflexive.
In the first chunk (0), change the tag to: [MGS2] - effects\objects\vehicles\bulldog\bulldog_headlight.
Type driver_seat_power into the "Primary Scale" string ID box, click the arrow next to the box and select driver_seat_power again from the list that drops down. Save.

Scroll to chunk (1), change the tag to: [ligh] - objects\vehicles\scorpion\scorpion_headlight.
Type driver_seat_power into the "Primary Scale" string ID box, click the arrow next to the box and select driver_seat_power again from the list that drops down. Save.

Now open the [weap] tag list, scroll to objects\vehicles\warthog\weapon\warthog_horn and duplicate it.
*you don't really need to dupe it, I am doing that so that the original warthog still has a horn*
Select the duped tag, original tag if you did not duplicate it.
Select the only Ident referrenced in the [weap] tag and null it.
If you did duplicate the weapon tag, go back to the Bulldog [vehi] and change its weapon to the duplicated tag.
ImageImageImage

Test 3)
Now that everything is in place. Time for the final test to see if everything is in working order.
ImageImage

Ending notes: Now I did run into an issue with the [jmad] tags on Burial Mounds. For some odd reason, some weapons would ignor the animations linked to them so they would have no reload or melee while others would somehow commence animations that aren't even linked to them to begin with. However they worked perfectly when transfered to Coagulation. I guess its because the character [jmad]s are a little different in each map.

Credits
DarkShallFall: For originally proposing the idea to rig the bulldog and pushing me to complete it.

jahrain: This person is the original creator of the Bulldog Motorcycle model.

JacksonCougar: Helping me test out the Bulldog and giving some criticism where necessary.

-DeToX-: His programming skill allowed me to modify the [jmad] and [coll] tags in ways that could not be done so before.

neodos: His [coll] research proved very useful when making the [coll] for the Bulldog

xzodia: His [phmo] resizer was used to initially resize the Bulldog's [phmo]

Brok3n Halo: Various versions of Entity.

tjc2k4: Programmer of Insolence.
Model Customization Pt.01|Model Customization Pt.02|Bipd Attachments|True Marker Rotations
"I'm the h4x man! Skibby Dibby Dib YoDahDubDub, YoDahDubDub"
NotZachary82

Re: [vehicle] Bulldog Motorcycle

Post by NotZachary82 »

<3

Thanks a ton! :D
Aumaan Anubis
Staff

Post by Aumaan Anubis »

Very nice.
Dragonfire

Post by Dragonfire »

Sweetness! Wasnt this also in a Halo CE map? :?
NotZachary82

Post by NotZachary82 »

Dragonfire wrote:Sweetness! Wasnt this also in a Halo CE map? :?
<_> Yes.
CaptainPoopface

Post by CaptainPoopface »

HELL yeah. No time to test right now but I'll fire it up when I get a chance.

It looks like it could also use an afterburner...
Remnant Samurai

Post by Remnant Samurai »

Sweet i was waiting for this release thanks
DemonicSandwich
Trollwich

Post by DemonicSandwich »

Added the info about the horn.
Model Customization Pt.01|Model Customization Pt.02|Bipd Attachments|True Marker Rotations
"I'm the h4x man! Skibby Dibby Dib YoDahDubDub, YoDahDubDub"
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

Love it! :D
Remnant! We were the last stand.
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Successfully Injected and going into my next mod :D
Thanks a ton! It's awesome!
bobyza1