Bubble Blast

This is dedicated to all the mods the community wants to share!
Patches only people. No Map files.
CaptainPoopface

Bubble Blast

Post by CaptainPoopface »

Bubble Blast

Send your rivals plummeting upward to their doom by sticking them with buoyant bubbles! If your elevation exceeds a certain height, or if you fall off the platform, you will be sucked into the vortex above.

Note: The sky looks like crap in these pictures because it is animated. It looks less crappy in-game.

The Bubbler: Its uncharged shot is a small pink bubble. Each bubble impact sends the enemy straight upward by the height of about one jump. Two quick consecutive shots will blow someone to the sky.

The charged shot is a very slow homing red ball that will immediately jettison someone to the sky on impact. Run toward your target to give the bubble extra speed.

The Bubble Cannon:
Shoots a powerful green bubble that will splatter someone on impact, or knock him from the platform (at which point he will fall up). You only get 4 rounds, so shoot wisely.

The Push Bubbler:
Fire the charged shot (yellow bubble) to pop an enemy into the air. While he is in the air, pelt him with cyan bubbles to push him backward and off the platform.

The lift grenade:
Toss this portable grav lift at an opponent's feet to blow him to the sky. Has a wider range than a regular grav lift, so you don't need pinpoint accuracy. There is only one on the map, however.

The bubble nade:
Stick someone with it to send him you-know-where. Travels at double the regular grenade velocity.

Every object on the map has custom phmo and collision, thanks to the research of neodos. Note that the rising effect of the projectile impact is not the standard jpt force nonsense, but a different, much more precise method. A dummy biped spawns on the map, so you can practice bubbling him into the air by the various means available.

Credits:
Entity 1.6 UE and 1.39
Yelo
H2IB
DxtBMP + MSPaint = Victory

Thank you:
Neodos, the last scientist: phmo research, debugging, testing, the portable grav lift, endless support
Yamagushi: easy coll/phmo/mode resizing tutorial
Turk645: instructional mods for hlmt attachments, effect acceleration reflexive
Xzodia: Plugin development

Patch Gemini (sppf)

If you experience trouble with SLC, contact me.
NotZachary82

Re: Bubble Blast

Post by NotZachary82 »

:D I love this. Too bad I have nobody to play it with. :(
Grimdoomer
Admin

Post by Grimdoomer »

This is amazing! Nice work :D
Don't snort the magic, we need it for the network.
JacksonCougar
Huurcat

Post by JacksonCougar »

Will play.. tommorow.
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

Wow! Dude you're literally the most creative halo 2 modder on this earth. Most amazing job Captainpoopface! :shock:
Remnant! We were the last stand.
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

So cool! Are the blue bubbles just for standing on? Hopefully my xlink still works...
(btw did my book ever work?)