Ice King

This is dedicated to all the mods the community wants to share!
Patches only people. No Map files.
CaptainPoopface

Ice King

Post by CaptainPoopface »

Ice King
By CaptainPoopface

A network of ice slabs floats in the cold air. The slabs are slippery, just like real ice. There are three tiers, with a grav lift running through the center that allows you to reach the top from any level. From the top, you can drop to the levels below. If you fall off the edge, you die. Similar to the final confrontation with Tartarus.

Here is the layout. This is NOT the real shader seen in-game. I have used a dummy shader because the ice is translucent and somewhat confusing when seen from afar.

Some familiar faces in the weapons department:

The push bubbler. Semi trigger rapidly fires cyan bubbles that shove an opponent backward and off the ice. Charged trigger fires a yellow bubble that shoots the enemy up and slightly backward. While airborne, the pushing forces have considerably more effect, so follow up with a barrage of cyan bubbles.

The bubble shot. Same concept as the push bubbler, but the pushing force is stronger, damage higher, and rate of fire slower. For more precision aiming. The charged trigger discharges after a 1 second charge and fires an exploding green bubble.

The bubbles also do regular damage, so you can kill someone without knocking him off the platform. But it's not nearly as cool.

The jackal shield. From behind the shield, you will not be pushed or damaged by enemy bubbles. How is it possible, you probably don't wonder? Because the bubbles don't use jpt forces. :P Crouching conceals almost your entire body. However, after about 6-10 hits, the shield will be destroyed. The explosive green ball from the bubble shot will also damage you regardless of the shield. The shield is your only means of cover on the map. Note: Because of the jmads, the elite is not as well covered by the shield as the chief is. That's why it's called being the elite.

The rail gun! Often discussed but never truly implemented, as far as I know. Fires a deadly disc that penetrates the slabs of ice and kills anyone in its path. You can see through the ice slabs above and below, so it is possible to kill anyone from any position on the map with this gun. It passes through the jackal shield, too (and destroys it). It requires about 1 second to charge and then discharges automatically, Spartan laser style. The projectile is also fairly slow, so aim carefully or get closer. There is only one on the map.

If you are being shot with bubbles, you must run toward your opponent to counteract the pushing force (or raise your shield), or you may fall to your death. Airborne acceleration has been increased, so you have more ability to manipulate your trajectory while in the air. Sometimes you can save yourself from a fall, or bend your falling path, by jumping and pushing forward.

This map was built for King of the Hill with a small party, but Slayer is always a good time too.

SLC is fixed but untested.

Credits:
Entity 1.6 UE and 1.39
Yelo by xbox7887

Thank you:
Neodos and Yamagushi, for research and tutorials about custom mode, phmo and collision for rectangular prisms.

Download: Patch Lockout
Click16

Re: Ice King

Post by Click16 »

Ahh, the great possibilities of: 'I Can Has Squares'

Another great, captain poopface!
Gary

Post by Gary »

looks good, you aways seem to put out good mods,
i just wonder how you can release mod after mod, i take my time, and i take planty of it.
i'm working on a mod right now, i think it wil do pretty good.
Remnant Samurai

Post by Remnant Samurai »

That is cool too bad i got no one to play it with :)
Dragonfire

Post by Dragonfire »

Yet another wierd and interesting release :D
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

i love you :rub:
lol we could make a map pack just dedicated to your mods!
Click16

Post by Click16 »

Rocky wrote:i love you :rub:
thats a good idea. i always loved captain poopface's mods, Dodgeball, Ricochet: Library, BubbleBlast!
Dragonfire

Post by Dragonfire »

Rocky wrote:i love you :rub:
Ive already had this idea for a while, but im waiting til he releases more that way it wont have to be updated so much ;)
CaptainPoopface

Post by CaptainPoopface »

Yeah, a map pack has been in the works for several months now. But I'm on a modding blitz, trying to finish all my half-baked ideas and then stop modding. So it will probably happen very soon.
Click16

Post by Click16 »

Aww your going to stop modding although, it does have to stop sometime in our busy lives! (not for me though.)