scenarios\solo\01a_tutorial\01_bsp_1

This is dedicated to all the mods the community wants to share!
Patches only people. No Map files.
Aumaan Anubis
Staff

Post by Aumaan Anubis »

Story:

After the Covenant invasion of Earth, the UNSC decided not to be so picky as to where they trained their soldiers...

Description:

I worked on this thing for awhile, but got relatively, "busy," and I never really could think of anything to add it. I blame lack of creativity. Not to mention, I have absolutely no time these days to do any modding.

It was really an experimental mod. It's a BSP Swap, one that I think no one has yet done. You're in a closed off area, of course, so you're not jumping around in space or whatever(though it is fun to do...).

- Weapon spawns have been placed.
- Player spawns have been placed.
- I messed with the HUD Color Editor. But really, I wouldn't really call it an 'improvement' over the original.
- BSP Swap.

That's, unfortunately, all I can think of at the moment.

I've sorta got outta modding for awhile, and thought I'd get this one out before I just forgot about it.

Pictures

View from Space:

I know, not exactly groundbreaking stuff here, but it's an interesting map.

Patch(serenity): http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OVHV4Y69
Patch(SPPF): http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GMSNET4P

And there we go! That's about it, folks.
Remnant Samurai

Re: scenarios\solo\01a_tutorial\01_bsp_1

Post by Remnant Samurai »

Nice work i could never do bsp things i thought someone did this in killtrocity 1 or 2? cant remember
Click16

Post by Click16 »

I know for a fact that they added this to the killtrocity map packs (one or the other) and i know it was a good map. NOT saying that you made a bad mod but this BSP is rarely used and is cool to battle on. ( I had a 4 player party and it was really fun.)
Gary

Post by Gary »

i was going to use this for my lost station a while back, i had eaton to the conc for me and i was going to make it look like a, wrecked, station.

thus Lost Station, but it made me feel limited, as in the map was already there and i didn't have much to add.
some people may like that but i do not, i need as much freedom as possible
socrates

Post by socrates »

if someone wants to do a bsp conversion and has the time to do it i found a pretty good place for one a while back...and i don't believe its been done before.
pics are a little dark but you might be able to get a feel of where it is
i believe the sp map is sentinel walls or something. if this has been done before someone might be able to make one better. also i believe this might make a descent racetrack or something ...with some editing of course.

Aumaan Anubis
Staff

Post by Aumaan Anubis »

I really had no idea that it was already used in a map pack. But thanks for the comments.
Click16

Post by Click16 »

Too bad i cant try your map out, i really want to, but my xbox is currently 'Unmodded' so yeah... no modding for a while, im not done making tutorials though... (I can always have others test my mods out...) I HAVEN'T QUIT MODDING, I PUT IT ON HOLD (because of school and other personal things.)