Contribute™ v2.0 Beta

Post here if you are in need of people to test our your application.
XZodia
Staff

Contribute™ v2.0 Beta

Post by XZodia »

I've been making a lot of changes and adding code for raw n such. That being said this doesn't include anything to minipulate raw. This is really because the meta editor has seen a lot of code changes and I need to make sure I haven't broken anything. The meta editor uses my own plugin system now and supports new value types. This beta supports the following extra types:
vector2
vector3
color3
color4
quaterion
note
ypr (yaw, pitch, roll)

And I have changed the naming of something slightly:
struct -> array
tag, id -> reference
unused -> padding or unknown
bitmask8,16,32 -> bitmask (byte="" now defines the number of bytes the bitmask uses)
enum8,16,32 -> enum1,2,4

I've also added support for naming chunks in arrays, label="<name of value>"

Quaterions have a yaw pitch roll to quaterion dialogue, but I haven't finished the code for it yet.
Color3,4 have a color dialogue

Finally, the streams and datatypes libraries have had a lot of things added and restructured.

And possibly other stuff I've forgotten...

http://www.remnantmods.com/files/xzodia/Contribute%20v2%20Beta.zip
JacksonCougar wrote:I find you usually have great ideas.
JacksonCougar wrote:Ah fuck. Why must you always be right? Why.
Grimdoomer
Admin

Re: Contribute™ v2.0 Beta

Post by Grimdoomer »

There was a reason for the tag, id thing you know. I still don't see why reflexives have been called atleast 3 other things besides "reflexive".
Don't snort the magic, we need it for the network.
XZodia
Staff

Post by XZodia »

Grimdoomer wrote:There was a reason for the tag, id thing you know.
rare cases in which an int32 will suffice.
Grimdoomer wrote:I still don't see why reflexives have been called atleast 3 other things besides "reflexive".
mainly because reflexive is a stupid word but also because its not a reflexive is a structure (hence struct) of a chunk, I'm in 2 minds about it which is why I went with array...
OwnZ joO

Post by OwnZ joO »

Good work with the Quaternion and Color Data types. I wanted to do that with my plugin system, but by the time I thought about it I was sick of working on it. I might have to make an applet for this, we'll see how things go.
DarkShallFall

Post by DarkShallFall »

This is Xenon/Detox.

Anyways.. I can see why you added the new value types but to fuck up plugins more than you already have and mix up so much more shit, discontinuing how other programs work is absolutely stupid.. There's no reason to change from a struct to an array. Tags and IDs are references.. Yet two different things, and should never be used together like that or named the same things... Unuseds aren't always padding or unknown.. Why do you need to add a count to bitmasks... It's fine as it is, and otherwise it could just be a bitmask 8 followed by 16 to get your rough 24-bit long bitmasks.. And the enum1,2,4 shit is just rediculous.. You're changing shit from how it used to be just to change from bits to bytes, even though values have always been tracked through bits..

You're changing unnecessary shit just because you want to.. And breaking plugins more than you already have. Leave them be..
Grimdoomer
Admin

Post by Grimdoomer »

Darkshallfall wrote:This is Xenon/Detox.

Anyways.. I can see why you added the new value types but to fuck up plugins more than you already have and mix up so much more shit, discontinuing how other programs work is absolutely stupid.. There's no reason to change from a struct to an array. Tags and IDs are references.. Yet two different things, and should never be used together like that or named the same things... Unuseds aren't always padding or unknown.. Why do you need to add a count to bitmasks... It's fine as it is, and otherwise it could just be a bitmask 8 followed by 16 to get your rough 24-bit long bitmasks.. And the enum1,2,4 shit is just rediculous.. You're changing shit from how it used to be just to change from bits to bytes, even though values have always been tracked through bits..

You're changing unnecessary shit just because you want to.. And breaking plugins more than you already have. Leave them be..
Not to mention making it so much harder to map plugins.
neodos

Post by neodos »

Wow you guys are assholes, why don't you just fucking shut the fuck up and release something that works, so far this app works great, and no it isn't less harder to make plugins besides the only people mapping out plugins is not even you.

Grim i can say so for your gravemind plugins...

You guys are just kinda jealous and trying to put down other's people work.

Oh and please, Detox, don't come up later saying you're not releasing something becaus ei offended you, just assume that you weren't able to get something working and so didn't released it.
Its so easy to critic other people work when you haven't done anything.

And keep it up XZodia :)
Aumaan Anubis
Staff

Post by Aumaan Anubis »

I see more jealousy in your post than I do in theirs. This isn't your battle, nor should it concern you that much.
neodos

Post by neodos »

What could i be jealous about? nothing really, it just pissed me off to see someone who wants to critize something doesn't even register.

And yes it does concern me since i use this app to mod >_> do you mod? i doubt it...
Aumaan Anubis
Staff

Post by Aumaan Anubis »

neodos wrote:What could i be jealous about? nothing really,p
You have as much to be jealous about as Grimdoomer and Detox do. If they have something to be jealous about, then it's easy to assume that you should, as well.
neodos wrote:it just pissed me off to see someone who wants to critize something doesn't even register.
He might be lazy? Dark may have already been logged in? That's a stupid reason to be pissed off.
neodos wrote:And yes it does concern me since i use this app to mod >_>
The coding of this program, the changing of plugins, is not your concern. It's not your program. People can provide constructive criticism, but you don't have a right to criticize them for it. And you didn't do anything to refute their comments at all. It's just irrational anger that has no merit.
neodos wrote:do you mod? i doubt it...
This is where you lost all credibility, and most of my respect.
Grimdoomer
Admin

Post by Grimdoomer »

neodos wrote:Wow you guys are assholes, why don't you just fucking shut the fuck up and release something that works, so far this app works great, and no it isn't less harder to make plugins besides the only people mapping out plugins is not even you.
Yea, wow. You don't check the forums much because if you did you would know I completed snd!, mode, jmad, and ugh! and am working on scnr and sbsp.
neodos wrote: Grim i can say so for your gravemind plugins...

You guys are just kinda jealous and trying to put down other's people work.
No, this app has a lot of problems. I've bitched to XZodia about most of them, but he has neglected to fix any and always comes up with some exscuse for it. Don't even say otherwise because I'll pull out my aim logs to show you all. Why would I be jealous? I could make a meta editor that works in a couple hours flat and my plugins actually work. I don't mean to be an asshole, but Xzodia you released Contribute which was neat at first, but you've neglected to fix any other the main issues, and you've made it hard for people to make plugins. Also what ever happened to completed phmo?
neodos wrote: Oh and please, Detox, don't come up later saying you're not releasing something becaus ei offended you, just assume that you weren't able to get something working and so didn't released it.
Its so easy to critic other people work when you haven't done anything.

And keep it up XZodia :)
This is the internet, everyone is entitled to their opinion.
XZodia
Staff

Post by XZodia »

Thanks neodos.
Xenon/Detox wrote:Anyways.. I can see why you added the new value types but to fuck up plugins more than you already have and mix up so much more shit, discontinuing how other programs work is absolutely stupid.. There's no reason to change from a struct to an array. Tags and IDs are references.. Yet two different things, and should never be used together like that or named the same things... Unuseds aren't always padding or unknown.. Why do you need to add a count to bitmasks... It's fine as it is, and otherwise it could just be a bitmask 8 followed by 16 to get your rough 24-bit long bitmasks.. And the enum1,2,4 shit is just rediculous.. You're changing shit from how it used to be just to change from bits to bytes, even though values have always been tracked through bits..

I changed the plugin's for a number of sensible reasons.
1. Since adding the new values types broke backwards compatibility anyway, I decided I would take the opportunity alter the rest to my own preferences.
2. Tags are never seen without an ID and IDs are only seen without Tags in predicted resources. I considered having an ID type but decided an int would be fine, if anyone disagrees it wouldn't be too difficult for me to implement.
3. "Unuseds aren't always padding or unknown" thats a stupid statement. Since the 2 cover every possible value type...
4. I added a count to bitmasks because is easier to code for.
5. I kind of agree with you on the enum thing but I always disliked that they where defined in bits mainly because it suggests to someone who doesn't understand bits that there can only be that number of values (as with bitmasks), and I couldn't use a count in this case because that just doesn't work...
Grimdoomer wrote:No, this app has a lot of problems. I've bitched to XZodia about most of them, but he has neglected to fix any and always comes up with some exscuse for it. Don't even say otherwise because I'll pull out my aim logs to show you all.
-_- Your brain must be out of date. I fixed all 2 of the things you told me to, the multiple MapStream references and Control Disposal.
Grimdoomer wrote:You've made it hard for people to make plugins.
Opinionated statement. In my opinion ive made it easier to make plugins.
Grimdoomer wrote:Also what ever happened to completed phmo
Its included in this. I finished it using my own plugins, notice the above screenshot of phmo tag.

k thx bye.
Grimdoomer
Admin

Post by Grimdoomer »

There where a lot more then two.

Memory Whore Issues?
You have a case for every plugin value type?
You use the offsets in the plugins?
When you poke something it pokes the values of the meta control?
You added the peek option?
You obvisouly didn't fix the ID shit because how am I supposed to swap a lone id using a int? Hmmm?
You got rid of the hundrends of references to MapStream and XBox?
You disposed of your controls?

You customized it for your preferences, what about other peoples? There are also a lot of lone ids in the wild. You completed phmo for your plugin syntax, which means if anyone wants to use it in a app that works right, they have to make it themselves. You post this and only care about your opinion, what about any one elses? If your not gunna care about any ones opinion and your not gunna fix any issues then don't post it at all.
Ogrish

Post by Ogrish »

Well i always heard the proof is in the pudding, meaning if this app ends up working well then yeah it works.

But i was thinking, we prolly wont be able to edit a map with any other tools after using this one, because of the changes.

So you would have to make this App do everything.

And about the phmo tag, if you have completed it, is it possible to put out an Entity one to keep us modding long enough for you to complete your App. [Sarcasmic Sycology]

If it all works well enough, i guess we'll all have to learn the new plugin system, and such.
{the above is just my opinions, and is not based on any facts, actually it prolly dont contribute to this thread at all} :|
XZodia
Staff

Post by XZodia »

Memory Whore Issues?
As much I could. Feel free to try and find anything more I can do.

What?

No, and I don't want to. Iron_forge himself said they where never intended to be used that way.

I'm still not 100% on this one. Bare in mind that poking each value separately is a LOT slower than poking the saved block. However, I am working on "stream extraction" which will make this more feasible.

Don't see why this is needed, so it's not high on my priority list.

You obvisouly didn't fix the ID shit because how am I supposed to swap a lone id using a int? Hmmm?
As I said before if its a big problem I can account for it but surely you don't want to be fixing predicted resources by hand?

You got rid of the hundrends of references to MapStream and XBox?
Yes.

You disposed of your controls?
Yes, but I still say there's no difference. I even watched the memory usage in the task manager.
Grimdoomer wrote:You customized it for your preferences, what about other peoples?
My program my rules. Don't like it, don't use it.
Grimdoomer wrote:There are also a lot of lone ids in the wild.
o rly?
Grimdoomer wrote:You completed phmo for your plugin syntax, which means if anyone wants to use it in a app that works right, they have to make it themselves.
So your saying entity works right......................................... :hmm:
Grimdoomer wrote:You post this and only care about your opinion, what about any one elses?
I'm open to suggestion but at the end of the day its my program so I can do what I like with it.
Grimdoomer wrote:If your not gunna care about any ones opinion and your not gunna fix any issues then don't post it at all.
I'm not Darkshallfall / Detox or whichever idiot made inscription or whatever that program is called...
xxpenguinxx

Post by xxpenguinxx »

Idc how it works as long as it works.
DemonicSandwich wrote:See that? You see that how it is highlighted down here but it's not highlighted right there? Ah, I guess that's what I get for pirating it.
In Soviet Russia, DS touches you. Say it again and I'll do more than touch. ~DS -Oh baby
A cat was licking itself to the sound of potato chips.
Grimdoomer
Admin

Post by Grimdoomer »

What?
You didn't add a case for a plugin type last time and it fucked bitm up and probally more plugins too.

No, and I don't want to. Iron_forge himself said they where never intended to be used that way.
Yes, but I bet if he saw how much of a bitch it is to map without offsets he would have changed his mind.

I'm still not 100% on this one. Bare in mind that poking each value separately is a LOT slower than poking the saved block. However, I am working on "stream extraction" which will make this more feasible.
I don't see why you must make some complexe way of doing it, when all you have to do is add a method to BaseControl or whatever its called, and override it in all the controls.

Don't see why this is needed, so it's not high on my priority list.

Code: Select all

private void peekToolStripMenuItem_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
            MapStream.Status = "Peeking...";
            uint Offset = (uint)(_valueOffset + Magic);
            if (!xbox.IsValidAddress(Offset))
            {
                throw new Exception("Invaild XBox Address");
            }

byte[] data = new byte[0];
            if (ValueType == typeof(float)) data = xbox.GetMemory(Offset, (uint)4);
            else if (ValueType == typeof(Int16)) data = xbox.GetMemory(Offset, (uint)2);
            else if (ValueType == typeof(Int32)) data = xbox.GetMemory(Offset, (uint)4);
            else if (ValueType == typeof(Byte)) data = xbox.GetMemory(Offset, (uint)1);
            else if (ValueType == typeof(UInt16)) data = xbox.GetMemory(Offset, (uint)2);
            else if (ValueType == typeof(UInt32)) data = xbox.GetMemory(Offset, (uint)4);
            else if (ValueType == typeof(Int64)) data = xbox.GetMemory(Offset, (uint)8);
            else if (ValueType == typeof(UInt64)) data = xbox.GetMemory(Offset, (uint)8);
            else throw new Exception("Unknown Data Type");

if (ValueType == typeof(Byte)) MessageBox.Show(data[0].ToString());
            else if (ValueType == typeof(Int16)) MessageBox.Show(BitConverter.ToInt16(data, 0).ToString());
            else if (ValueType == typeof(UInt16)) MessageBox.Show(BitConverter.ToUInt16(data, 0).ToString());
            else if (ValueType == typeof(Int32)) MessageBox.Show(BitConverter.ToInt32(data, 0).ToString());
            else if (ValueType == typeof(UInt32)) MessageBox.Show(BitConverter.ToUInt32(data, 0).ToString());
            else if (ValueType == typeof(float)) MessageBox.Show(BitConverter.ToSingle(data, 0).ToString());
            else if (ValueType == typeof(Int64)) MessageBox.Show(BitConverter.ToInt64(data, 0).ToString());
            else if (ValueType == typeof(UInt64)) MessageBox.Show(BitConverter.ToUInt64(data, 0).ToString());
            MapStream.Status = "Peeking...Done.";
        }
There now add it.

As I said before if its a big problem I can account for it but surely you don't want to be fixing predicted resources by hand?
As I said there are lone ids in the wild.
Grimdoomer wrote:There are also a lot of lone ids in the wild.
o rly?
Yea I can name 10 off the top of my head. Ugh has one, model has 4, BSP has 4-8, lightmap has 3-6, prtm has 2, decr has 1 or 2, shader has 1 or 2, jmad has 1 or 2, weat has 1 or 2, I'm sure theres more too.
Grimdoomer wrote:You completed phmo for your plugin syntax, which means if anyone wants to use it in a app that works right, they have to make it themselves.
So your saying entity works right......................................... :hmm:
It's meta editor is more efficient and it doesnt have a retarted plugin syntax. I will continue to use it, and I'm sure others will too for that reason.
Grimdoomer wrote:If your not gunna care about any ones opinion and your not gunna fix any issues then don't post it at all.
I'm not Darkshallfall / Detox or whichever idiot made inscription or whatever that program is called...[/quote]

It was DeToX. His app doesn't do much more then yours (so I've herd) but it is better.

I'm done arguing, my point has been made atleast 3 times on both the forums and AIM.
XZodia
Staff

Post by XZodia »

Grimdoomer wrote:You have a case for every plugin value type?
What?
You didn't add a case for a plugin type last time and it fucked bitm up and probally more plugins too.
bitm works fine for me...If you tell me what value type I missed, that would be the kind of useful feed back I'm looking for.
Grimdoomer wrote:You use the offsets in the plugins?
Yes, but I bet if he saw how much of a bitch it is to map without offsets he would have changed his mind.
It might be a bitch for you but I can tell you that after going through every plugin they get very annoying very fast, writing the phmo plugin in my style was bliss compared to when I had to do it with ents.

You can't code for shit...it should be like this, also you didn't account for all datatypes >_>

Code: Select all

private void cmdPeek_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
            MapStream.Status = "Peeking...";
            uint Offset = (uint)(_valueOffset + Magic);
            if (!Xbox.IsValidAddress(Offset))
            {
                throw new Exception("Invaild XBox Address");
            }

if (ValueType == typeof(float)) ValueData = Xbox.GetSingle(Offset);
            else if (ValueType == typeof(Int16)) ValueData = Xbox.GetInt16(Offset);
            else if (ValueType == typeof(Int32)) ValueData = Xbox.GetInt32(Offset);
            else if (ValueType == typeof(Byte)) ValueData = Xbox.GetByte(Offset);
            else if (ValueType == typeof(UInt16)) ValueData = Xbox.GetUInt16(Offset);
            else if (ValueType == typeof(UInt32)) ValueData = Xbox.GetUInt32(Offset);
            else if (ValueType == typeof(Int64)) ValueData = Xbox.GetInt64(Offset);
            else if (ValueType == typeof(UInt64)) ValueData = Xbox.GetUInt64(Offset);
            else throw new Exception("Can't Peek This Data Type, Blame Grim.");

MapStream.Status = "Peeking...Done.";
        }
neodos

Post by neodos »

Grim stop bitching and finish you super app that does all right?

Yeah not having offsets on plugins annoyed me at first, but i can remeber mapping out new plugins for entity is anoying since you have to change all the offsets when you test different value types, also i can tell almost all ent plugins had errors, OFFSETS errors, that can't happend with XZodia's plugin system.

You're just fighting because someone else makes an app while you're doing yours, but see, you just can't work with other people because you're so stubborn.
Grimdoomer
Admin

Post by Grimdoomer »

neodos wrote:Grim stop bitching and finish you super app that does all right?

Yeah not having offsets on plugins annoyed me at first, but i can remeber mapping out new plugins for entity is anoying since you have to change all the offsets when you test different value types, also i can tell almost all ent plugins had errors, OFFSETS errors, that can't happend with XZodia's plugin system.

You're just fighting because someone else makes an app while you're doing yours, but see, you just can't work with other people because you're so stubborn.
Will you shut the fuck up! You reply with the same shit for everything that occures on the forums. This has nothing to do with my app, and atleast I can make apps. What can you do? Whine? Complain? Annoy people on forums? I'm trying to help XZodia, and atleast what I contribute the to the forum isen't whinning and complaining, and I fight my own battles.

XZodia I believe it was tag, and you missed the whole point of peek. I just relized that you can convert value to an object to eliminate the second if else block.
neodos

Post by neodos »

The app is working great i had no errors at all >_>
OwnZ joO

Post by OwnZ joO »

Neodos back off. Competition gives them both a reason to work harder on their apps so they can be right. They're both going to be stubborn about this and it's not necessarily bad. They should probably make it more civil but that's alright.
JacksonCougar
Huurcat

Post by JacksonCougar »

Guys, chill out. Especially you Neodos. Competition is good and we all understand that, we are not enemies here, and we do not need users fanning the fans just because they do not understand that. We all talk about, and work on different ideas together so when one of us is arguing with the other it usually means we feel we have a valid reason and we are trying to convince others of it.
XZodia
Staff

Post by XZodia »

Grimdoomer wrote:you missed the whole point of peek.
I said I never understood the point of it, and a message box seems even more pointless :?
Grimdoomer
Admin

Post by Grimdoomer »

OwnZ joO wrote:Neodos back off. Competition gives them both a reason to work harder on their apps so they can be right. They're both going to be stubborn about this and it's not necessarily bad. They should probably make it more civil but that's alright.
This has nothing to do with competition, I don't know why every one thinks that. I'm trying to help XZodia fix a few annoying bugs. Did I ever mention any of my apps in here? No. So stop saying it is about competition when it's not.
xzodia wrote:
Grimdoomer wrote:you missed the whole point of peek.
I said I never understood the point of it, and a message box seems even more pointless :?
The whole point is so the user can see what value is at that location in memory. A messagebox is the best way so the user doesn't save memory values to the map.