Project Kiilomanjaro

Discuss your Halo 2 mod project here.
troymac1ure
Keeper of Entity

Re: Project Kiilomanjaro

Post by troymac1ure »

Would be a good chance to find any major bugs and get them fixed up as well..
Twinreaper

Post by Twinreaper »

My wife said that you sent me a quickie message Troy. She doesn't remember what it was, but I am hoping it is good news in refference to the maps in my WIP folder?
Dragonfire

Post by Dragonfire »

Me thinks ur wife is ur new answering machine, hehe ;)
troymac1ure
Keeper of Entity

Post by troymac1ure »

lol. Just saying that I'll try your maps again tomorrow and verify.

The objects did appear on one box, but not the other and fell away when trying to jump on them. This was just a quick test, so I'll verify this tomorrow as well...
Twinreaper

Post by Twinreaper »

Dragonfire wrote:Me thinks ur wife is ur new answering machine, hehe ;)
Twinreaper wrote:She doesn't remember what it was, but I am hoping it is good news in refference to the maps in my WIP folder?
Yeah... a broken one!
troymac1ure
Keeper of Entity

Post by troymac1ure »

Sorry, haven't had a chance to double check the maps. Someone decided to take home one of the TVs for the MW2 release and hasn't brought it back yet, so I have to load the game with no screen on one box :roll:
Hopefully it will have returned by Monday or I may have to take my other box home...
Twinreaper

Post by Twinreaper »

No problem man. The downtime will give me chance to attempt a cool new mod. I am tryin to do one on Old Mombasa, based off the television show "Supernatural". Got some cool ideas I'm gonna try to implement.
CaptainPoopface

Post by CaptainPoopface »

OK, my two Arson maps are almost ready to be tested. One has been SLC fixed by manually swapping PR references. The other has been SLC fixed by Entity (I saved a backup). I'm eager to try Troy's SLC fixing app when it becomes available. In the meantime, how can I upload these to the FTP server? Will anyone have the ability to test them?

I'll be working on the rest of my maps next week.
Gary

Post by Gary »

Well, sorry guys but my map won't get out, ever.

I have always had problems with Halo2 modding, one thing after another... plus, now that I have been using Hammer(HL2 Mapping program), I have pretty much gone completely over to that engine... and unlike halo2, the three maps I got going there, are going somewhere and only little problems.

Very sorry, though if I can help in any other way, I will try.
troymac1ure
Keeper of Entity

Post by troymac1ure »

CaptainPoopface wrote:OK, my two Arson maps are almost ready to be tested. One has been SLC fixed by manually swapping PR references. The other has been SLC fixed by Entity (I saved a backup). I'm eager to try Troy's SLC fixing app when it becomes available. In the meantime, how can I upload these to the FTP server? Will anyone have the ability to test them?

I'll be working on the rest of my maps next week.
I posted that I released a beta with the fix on the H2 Misc FTP server. In my directory, named Entity 2.1 Beta. Haven't released it over auto-update as I want to hear feedback if there's any issues (other than those I stated before).

Please D/L and give it a try and any feedback would be great.
Forget the "Only use 1 listing for each" or whatever I named it at the bottom of the swap box (if you use it). H2 requires the multiple listings to work.

Upload them to the "H2 Mods" server in the "Halo 2 Xbox Mods\Map Packs\Remnant Map Pack WIP" folder? I'll try to test them asap.

FTP Info:
viewtopic.php?f=75&t=1247&hilit=h2misc%40
Twinreaper

Post by Twinreaper »

Troy, I hate to bug you, but have you tested the patches from my WIP folder yet?
troymac1ure
Keeper of Entity

Post by troymac1ure »

Sorry, It's been crazy the past week. Things are calming down, so I'll try them monday. I'll re-D/L them tonight to make sure they're up to date.

Capt'n: Haven't tested your maps, but they won't be SLC. All weapons need multiple listings. The "only use one for each" thing doesn't work. I'll see what i can do anyways.
CaptainPoopface

Hmmmm, I wondered about that. I just used the default/automatic option for SLC fixing, and it only added those references. I didn't do any manual swapping. Is there a place to adjust how many PR instances there are for each tag? Would the program add more references by subsequent SLC fixing? By the way, that is an important feature to test - whether fixing SLC multiple times on the same map has any adverse effects. For the method you use, it shouldn't, but that was a severe shortcoming of Entity's previous SLC fixing ability. Fortunately, in those maps, the PR has dozens more chunks than I need.

@ other people: Any progress updates for your maps? Sounds like Gary is out. What about Ogrish, Twin, Dragonfire, anyone else?
Dragonfire

Post by Dragonfire »

My "partner" kinda became very lazy and seems to not wanna speak to me about the map, unless someone wants to do some simple custom coll, im out god damn it, really wanted to at least release this map.
Click16

Post by Click16 »

Sorry dragonfire. I will help you this weekend! if you are free.
CaptainPoopface

If anyone is feeling charitable, I could use a PMI model of the regular H2 magnum with a silencer added to it, and a PMI model of the Nerf Blast-a-matic, seen here:
Image.

I guess I can get by without them, but those would be nice if someone has the time. I'm also having a lot of trouble making my own grenade icons and ammo meters.

EDIT: xxpenguinxx has kindly supplied me with a silenced magnum, so scratch that one.
troymac1ure
Keeper of Entity

Post by troymac1ure »

TWIN: Your maps are SLC. The floating grates (Asylum) fall away and are only visible on one xbox.

CaptainPoopface wrote:Hmmmm, I wondered about that. I just used the default/automatic option for SLC fixing, and it only added those references. I didn't do any manual swapping. Is there a place to adjust how many PR instances there are for each tag? Would the program add more references by subsequent SLC fixing? By the way, that is an important feature to test - whether fixing SLC multiple times on the same map has any adverse effects. For the method you use, it shouldn't, but that was a severe shortcoming of Entity's previous SLC fixing ability. Fortunately, in those maps, the PR has dozens more chunks than I need.
There's a code issue. I'm fixing it now. It counts required size properly, but is only saving one of each in the auto-mode. Should be fixed soon then I'll try the SLC.

EDIT: I think the code is all fixed now. Just did both your maps. One had enough room, the other I removed the spectre & wraith listings. I'll try them tomorrow and see... fingers crossed.
CaptainPoopface wrote:@ other people: Any progress updates for your maps? Sounds like Gary is out. What about Ogrish, Twin, Dragonfire, anyone else?
I'll put in Spaceport. It's doesn't have much for custom mods, but the playability is quite good. Just a few minor fixes to do and if time allows maybe I'll still learn how to inject the models I started making :roll:
Ogrish

Post by Ogrish »

im still in but ive had no time to workon my map, I added my latest patch of Gephrophobia to the server, it has many bugs to work out and some collision left to do, and please dont even mention the grouping and shaders on the models, ive had so many problems with the models and shaders, that i wanted to quit.

It should be done b4 christmas.
Twinreaper

Post by Twinreaper »

Thats great news Troy! Now all I have to do is finalize the spawn placements for players on Alphagasgiant, and continue with all other spawns for Asylum and hq_4.
troymac1ure
Keeper of Entity

Post by troymac1ure »

CAPt'n: SLC didn't seem to work. Freezes at the Setting up game screen. I'll look into it more soon. I like the fire weapons, but we think the FP sword flames need to be toned down a bit. Other than that, very nice.
CaptainPoopface

Thanks for testing them. To determine if it's the weapons I've added that are causing SLC problems, I can build them into a clean MP map with nothing else added, and we can see if that is SLC. If it's not, then finding the offending weapon is a matter of taking weapons off the map (in the gametype) and trying each weapon separately as the starting weapon.

I can try to reduce the FP flames of the sword, although it means I have to add attachments, which means cloning... I also thought it was a decent way to balance the sword and not necessarily make everyone want to run for it. I think I gave it a 1x zoom, so if you zoom in with the thumbstick, it just removes the HUD and FP animations for you, including the fire. You can also switch to your other gun until it's time to hack/burn something.

Updated list of maps I'm planning to contribute (or offer):
Arson (2 maps)
Descent (2 maps)
Usurp (1 map)
Raiders II (a map in complete darkness, with various weapon/flashlight combinations)
Collab. with neodos (1 map, maybe 2)
"Nerf" mod - odd weapons on a small map (1 map, maybe 2)
herger

Post by herger »

Awesome! I Can't wait to see the maps
iBotPeaches

Post by iBotPeaches »

I don't mean to barge in and steal the idea, but I started a mappack and almost finished with.

- I got 90 patches all .serenity 3.3 and ready for autopatching.
- An auto patcher complete with one bug of Serenity popping up with "Source map doesn't not match for clean containment maps" (I've doubled checked for the cleanness). Which you can simply click "Okay" and it proceeds to the next map. Takes about 4 minutes on my computer to patch all 90 maps.
- All 90 maps have a compatible re-done mainmenu pictures in DDS format.
- The mainmenu was started yesterday, and after I hit 50 items I couldn't add anymore Bitmaps for the mainmenu pictures, but I could continue to clone more mainmenu slots using "neodos" 1000 mainmenu patch as a guide.

Now I'm just waiting to get in contact with someone who understands how the maps work to see if adding more bitmap chunks is possible, or if I have to scrap the project.

Heres pictures for proof.

(This mappack is meant to be one thing, a benchmark for new users. It gives a multitude of maps. Some modders think a map is judge by the quality of the bitmaps used in the skins. I think its ridiculous, to be honest. I play a map to play the game, not admire the skin. 5 mods are re-used from Killtrocity v2, which I just couldn't resist. However to appeal to the general community, I added a few strictly skin mods, a couple just fun mods and the rest a barrage of everything. From racetracks, to trampolines to dead bodies.)

If you have any knowledge around C# autopatching, or mainmenu cloning for items contact me at

MSN: [email protected]
or
AIM: [email protected]
Apktool Developer
Twinreaper

Post by Twinreaper »

I do appriciate the enthusiasm and effort, but this map pack is meant to be an exclusive produced by the Remnant Community. But since your a member now Peachez......how about lending us a hand and making a mainmenu for it maybe?
CaptainPoopface

Wow, that's quite a list. I'd also be interested in more explanation of how to use the autopatching capability of Serenity.

I'm flattered that so many (all?) of my mods are included, but I'd like to request removing and/or updating some of the ones on the list... "Grappling hook" is one of the default weapons in "Kraken" and doesn't necessarily need to be included. It's also rather tricky to use and not SLC. I would be happy to make a new SLC version that's a little simpler and more realistic (shoot something within range, and get yanked toward it). "Mines" is probably my chainspawning proximity mines (not a full mod and probably boring to play by itself), which are included in Chaste Beaver and Chaste Warlock. "Cellmates" needs a grenade toss animation added, which I think I can do. "Qbert" has broken sounds and death zones and would be easy to fix. "Trampoline" has a broken weapon, the trampolines are very crude, and it would be easy to fix. And so on.

I don't think this conflicts with Project Kilimanjaro, since its focus is on new or very recently released mods, whereas yours is more a compilation of older mods. Does your map pack have a name? This should probably be split into its own topic...