Rational Vs. Emotional

Aumaan Anubis
Staff

Rational Vs. Emotional

Post by Aumaan Anubis »

I'm just curious as to what kind of people you are. In the aspect of what you're more inclined to behave as.
For instance, I've always seen there be some sort of spectrum...

Emotional ------------------------------------- Logical

and we each lie somewhere along the spectrum, in terms of how we're inclined to behave, and think.
In the initial stages of my life, I was incredibly emotional. I must've been the most sensitive kid you'd ever met.
However, I have recently developed a much more logical side, but, curiously, my personality appears to encompass both sides of the spectrum, which I see as odd.
During the day, I find myself to be rational and use rationality as behavior. However, as night comes, and things calm down, I find myself thinking about what I've lost, and I really shift to the emotional side. Which is why you'll sometimes find random posts that are littered with depression from me.
Anyway, I'm just really curious where other people lie, and how, if it all, it affects your overall happiness in life.
JacksonCougar
Huurcat

Re: Rational Vs. Emotional

Post by JacksonCougar »

I would have said you were trying to rationalize your emotions to be honest. Which is a strong emotional characteristic.

I tend towards the more logical side of things with strong bursts of pure emotion. Dark says I PMS. lies.
OwnZ joO

Post by OwnZ joO »

I think I tend to be on the rational side, but most people let emotions get in the way of ration at some point.

I recommend that you take a class in or look into philosophy if you are interested in happiness, that's basically what it's about. Stoicism and Buddhism have some interesting ideas on how to be truly happy, and in a way they make sense.
neodos

Post by neodos »

You feel like that because when its the night your unconscious takes over your conscious part of the brain, but yeah i am between both too, maybe bit more logical but i can be so random :p i think one day i am super rationnal and another i can be super emotionnal :|
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Aumaan Anubis wrote:During the day, I find myself to be rational and use rationality as behavior. However, as night comes, and things calm down, I find myself thinking about what I've lost, and I really shift to the emotional side. Which is why you'll sometimes find random posts that are littered with depression from me.
Anyway, I'm just really curious where other people lie, and how, if it all, it affects your overall happiness in life.
O.O that's exactly what happens to me most of the time. It has more of stopped the majority of the time now but it was in full gear when my friend started dating my ex... rwarrg.
Luckily I have mostly gotten over it now.
XZodia
Staff

Post by XZodia »

JacksonCougar wrote:I tend towards the more logical side of things with strong bursts of pure emotion.
neodos wrote:yeah i am between both too, maybe bit more logical but i can be so random :p i think one day i am super rationnal and another i can be super emotionnal :|
JacksonCougar wrote:I find you usually have great ideas.
JacksonCougar wrote:Ah fuck. Why must you always be right? Why.
Zieon Eslador

Post by Zieon Eslador »

Aumaan Anubis wrote:Emotional --------------------------Z---------- Logical
..................................................................................................i
..................................................................................................e
..................................................................................................o
..................................................................................................n
Zieon Eslador (1:23:09 AM): I haven't seen Watchmen, but I plan to eventually...
NotZachary (1:23:15 AM): it has nukes, random things happening, and retards screaming
NotZachary (1:23:19 AM): kinda like MW2
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

I'm a crying dumbass. Where does that put me? :XD:
Remnant! We were the last stand.
Ogrish

Post by Ogrish »

i stay rational even in tough situations, for me things have to make sence some how.
But when i get emotional its overboard, and it doesnt matter what emotion it starts with, it will always end in anger. Because i feel i must always be strong, and i hate showing any signs of weakness, even if im alone, and sad, i cant cry.

I was emotional as a kid but then, I lost almost everone i cared about.
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

Emotional-------Logical is really confusing. I think it would work better if you had opposites. Maybe I am not looking at it correctly.

Emotional and Logical? You are probably looking at it in a more sophisticated way than my sore head is.

Left Brain------Right Brain makes sense to me.
Emotional and Logical really makes it difficult for me to compromise.
Remnant! We were the last stand.