Good bye...

Grimdoomer
Admin

Good bye...

Post by Grimdoomer »

Due to some recent events in my life, I think I may be quiting modding, hacking, programing and anything related to computers for ever. Although I do now know if this is my final decision, I would like this say this. In the past years of meeting new people, learning new things, and gaining the knowledge I though would lead me to a career one day, these were some of the best times of my life. I've meet many people and have enjoyed every moment of it. I am very sad that I am leaving for such reasons, but I can not find a way around this one. I will miss every one and everything that I have worked on in the past.

I will be one aim for a cuple more days, then I most likly will not be on aim, msn or any forums for a long time. I will be on xbox live if any one would like to chat some time.

Once again I do not know if this is final, but it most likly will.
Don't snort the magic, we need it for the network.
Remnant Samurai

Re: Good bye...

Post by Remnant Samurai »

We will miss you Grimdoomer :(
Eaton

Post by Eaton »

But you never finished Gravemind or your Halo 2 Xbox program! :( I'll miss you Grim. Thanks a lot for teaching me C# and providing me with a solid map class to build upon. Good luck in life! :D
Gary

Post by Gary »

Why you got to go? It sounds like your about to have the part of your brain with all your computer-related knowledge to be removed...
But if you do leave, it will be a great loss to the modding world.
We will all miss you.
Grimdoomer
Admin

Post by Grimdoomer »

If you wish to know why I am leaving, I will explain over xbox live.
Aumaan Anubis
Staff

Post by Aumaan Anubis »

You're not going anywhere.
NotZachary82

Post by NotZachary82 »

Grim, if you've got to go, then that's fine. Your reason isn't anyone's business.

I've known you for kind of a short time, and I wasn't much of a help to you, but you did stay there for my annoying C# questions. You're a pretty smart person when you want to be. :P

That's about all I have to say. See ya Grim. (Life will go on without Remnant.)
Grimdoomer
Admin

Post by Grimdoomer »

Aumaan Anubis wrote:You're not going anywhere.
Due to the fact in a cuple days I most likly won't even have a computer to use, I'd say I'm as good as gone.
Gary

Post by Gary »

How old are you? Could you play the guilt game on your parents?
Eaton

Post by Eaton »

Does this have anything to do with that game Comcast caught you downloading?
Gary

Post by Gary »

I'm pretty sure its part of it.
They found him Downloading a torrent, and now his parents are pissed, and they may take his computer away.
Right?
Remnant Samurai

Grimdoomer don't leave us...

Are you in some trouble with that game you downloaded or is your parents taking your computer away?
Grimdoomer
Admin

Post by Grimdoomer »

Eaton wrote:Does this have anything to do with that game Comcast caught you downloading?
Yes.
RaZoR73 wrote:Grimdoomer don't leave us...

Are you in some trouble with that game you downloaded or is your parents taking your computer away?
There not taking my computer away, but they made me shred any "bad" disks. So I don't even have a OS or any apps at this point. My dad is also making me smash this HDD, but he said he would buy me a 1TB sata one. But big deal I don't have anything to put on it now, and I won't have an OS to put on it, as my dad says anything that goes on it has to be legit.
Remnant Samurai

That's harsh how old are you by the way?

My parent's care about downloading all the stuff and the ISP's in New Zealand have never said anything and I don't think they care.

We will miss you Grimdoomer and hope you will come back to us one day.
neodos

Post by neodos »

Programming is legit :x keep up programming! whatever it is, we'll miss you :wink:
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

Grimdoomer, be careful, please. There are things more important than us, besure to be successful in your endeavors. Do not settle for "no" when you want "yes," and vice versa. I really hope everything works out for you, regarding the legal stuff. Prayer helps bud, take advantage of it.

Again, be careful, Grimdoomer. I'll talk to ya when I ever I do.
Remnant! We were the last stand.
XZodia
Staff

Post by XZodia »

Grim, I'm not going to say goodbye, for these reasons...
  • 1. If your only reason for dropping your dream is because of your parents then I will lose all respect for you.
    2. So you lose all your programs. BIG DEAL. There's plenty of open source stuff. Get yourself a Linux distro and start programming with Mono.
    3. If using Linux doesn't appeal to you, I can give you a legit copy of Windows Server 2003 or 2008 >_>
    http://blogs.msdn.com/vijaysk/archive/2 ... op-os.aspx
JacksonCougar wrote:I find you usually have great ideas.
JacksonCougar wrote:Ah fuck. Why must you always be right? Why.
Dragonfire

Post by Dragonfire »

Go online, get Ubuntu, and stay with us :D
xxpenguinxx

Post by xxpenguinxx »

One report and this happens? My mom asks me to download stuff for her. And I wish people would look at things like this (which is stilll wrong but more understanding): I'm either going to download it or I'm not going to get it at all. I normally buy things that are good, but I like to test to see if their worth it.

Why destroy the disks and drives? Can't you just put the drives into a friends pc and click format or do a new install of some Linux distribution? Something just doesn't sound right at all, I'm not trying to say your lieing but it just doesn't sound right.
DemonicSandwich wrote:See that? You see that how it is highlighted down here but it's not highlighted right there? Ah, I guess that's what I get for pirating it.
In Soviet Russia, DS touches you. Say it again and I'll do more than touch. ~DS -Oh baby
A cat was licking itself to the sound of potato chips.
Grimdoomer
Admin

Post by Grimdoomer »

xzodia wrote:Grim, I'm not going to say goodbye, for these reasons...
  • 1. If your only reason for dropping your dream is because of your parents then I will lose all respect for you.
    2. So you lose all your programs. BIG DEAL. There's plenty of open source stuff. Get yourself a Linux distro and start programming with Mono.
    3. If using Linux doesn't appeal to you, I can give you a legit copy of Windows Server 2003 or 2008 >_>
I can only run vista, because its the only OS windows games run on ex halo 2. No I will not run it on XP, as the frame rate is the equvilant to balls and I cant run mp maps. Another thing about XP, it's a memory leaking piece of shit from hell. Also no visual studio 2005 means not only can I not view any source, I can't use the 360 SDK.

@RaZoR73 im 15.

No matter what im fucked in so many ways.
XZodia
Staff

Post by XZodia »

Grimdoomer wrote:
xzodia wrote:Grim, I'm not going to say goodbye, for these reasons...
I can only run vista, because its the only OS windows games run on ex halo 2. No I will not run it on XP, as the frame rate is the equvilant to balls and I cant run mp maps. Another thing about XP, it's a memory leaking piece of shit from hell. Also no visual studio 2005 means not only can I not view any source, I can't use the 360 SDK.

@RaZoR73 im 15.

No matter what im fucked in so many ways.
At what point did I mention XP? Windows Server 2008 is the same kernel as vista and should be able to run halo 2 and other games just fine, by following that link.
you dont need visual studio but if you feel u must have it i can give you that as well it'll just take forever to send it to you.
JacksonCougar wrote:I find you usually have great ideas.
JacksonCougar wrote:Ah fuck. Why must you always be right? Why.
Remnant Samurai

Are you going to release all your stuff?
Grimdoomer
Admin

Post by Grimdoomer »

Well I got my mom to buy me a copy of vista ultimate for christams. But considering I use to get everything for free, it makes me not want to do anything with computers or video games any more.

Also my gold is about to expire, so don't expect to see me on xbox 360 any more as I don't have any games to play so there is no point in paying for my gamertag any more.

Does anyone have the Visual Studio 2005 trial?
xxpenguinxx

Post by xxpenguinxx »

RaZoR73 wrote:Are you going to release all your stuff?
He said his dad is making him smash his harddrive, so there's no way he can release anything.

And grim I thought you used to skate or you still do? Maybe you should continue that since you won't be on the computer or on xbl. I'm mad at myself for not doing so.
DemonicSandwich wrote:See that? You see that how it is highlighted down here but it's not highlighted right there? Ah, I guess that's what I get for pirating it.
In Soviet Russia, DS touches you. Say it again and I'll do more than touch. ~DS -Oh baby
A cat was licking itself to the sound of potato chips.
Gary

Post by Gary »

Grimdoomer wrote: Does anyone have the Visual Studio 2005 trial?
Poor Grim, resorting to trials and freeware, what has the world come to?