This is what it has come down to

neodos

Re: This is what it has come down to

Post by neodos »

I really don't see why you are all so upset, you are all overreacting.

No I don't want to discuss on this, but stop acting like a bunch of kids.

By the way, I'll logout of RemnantMods permanently.

Bye.
Grimdoomer
Admin

Post by Grimdoomer »

neodos wrote:I really don't see why you are all so upset, you are all overreacting.

No I don't want to discuss on this, but stop acting like a bunch of kids.

By the way, I'll logout of RemnantMods permanently.

Bye.
The only reason you like SG, is because you hated all the other staff so much, it became an obsession to hate them all the time. Now that you see them gone and SGs bullshit changes, you think the light has finally shed on you, but instead it's a giant wave of horse shit that is going to sufficate you until you smuther to death under it's own weight.
Don't snort the magic, we need it for the network.
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

Wow. Halomods is no longer exclusive to Halo mods. It is now Mods of all games. Not cool. :¬_¬: :¬_¬: I don't even go there anymore so :XP:
Remnant! We were the last stand.
Aumaan Anubis
Staff

Post by Aumaan Anubis »

neodos wrote:By the way, I'll logout of RemnantMods permanently.

Bye.
Umm, third time?

Cya back here in a few weeks.
xxpenguinxx

Post by xxpenguinxx »

I think halomods can still be halomods as long as the true top modders and coders stay on the site and keep doing what they do best instead of leaving the site and ranting about how much they hate it on another. Think about this, when halomods becomes less popular remnant will become more popular, which means we get all the noob modders. Getting a few at a time is ok because you can help them out but when you get new ones every day it makes it impossible to help them all and they start spamming like animals asking about the most basic tasks, we don't want that do we now? Don't you guys like having a site to yourselves?

I do dislike the other game modding but at the same time it's not that bad of a change. Maybe people who mod other games will see all the work in the halo section and may become part of it keeping modding alive.
DemonicSandwich wrote:See that? You see that how it is highlighted down here but it's not highlighted right there? Ah, I guess that's what I get for pirating it.
In Soviet Russia, DS touches you. Say it again and I'll do more than touch. ~DS -Oh baby
A cat was licking itself to the sound of potato chips.
Aumaan Anubis
Staff

Post by Aumaan Anubis »

The "true top" members of Halo modding are gone.

Detox is gone.
DarkShallFall is gone.

Umm, I think that may be it. Does anyone else other than Remnant users actually do anything?
socrates

Post by socrates »

that's actually what I was affraid of, tons of nooby modders coming here...asking for cheating mods and/or projectile swaps...in which case we should have another tutorial thread for nooby shit, and if someone makes a topic for something, a staff member can remove their thread and send them a PM directing them to a thread that can help them...assuming they didn't read and just posted bullshit.
Grimdoomer
Admin

Post by Grimdoomer »

Trust me, the noobs are too stupid to even get past the I agree thing thanks to Demonic :o
Click16

Post by Click16 »

I think I am going to write a few tutorials. For noobs so this way when they ask you can respond saying "Use Search!" then delete the post... We might (Probably not) need more staff... I'm not saying get as many people you can, but more like a few trustworthy people at a time.

Maybe... I will start now! (Just in case what penguin says, actually happens soon)

I believe that this will happen, I just don't know when.
DemonicSandwich
Trollwich

Post by DemonicSandwich »

Grimdoomer wrote:Trust me, the noobs are too stupid to even get past the I agree thing thanks to Demonic :o
Um what?
Wait, are you talking about that guy who kept posting the same question in my Jump Jet thread?
Model Customization Pt.01|Model Customization Pt.02|Bipd Attachments|True Marker Rotations
"I'm the h4x man! Skibby Dibby Dib YoDahDubDub, YoDahDubDub"
JacksonCougar
Huurcat

Post by JacksonCougar »

He is talking about the Remnantmods Sign-up pages dude.
Grimdoomer
Admin

Post by Grimdoomer »

JacksonCougar wrote:He is talking about the Remnantmods Sign-up pages dude.
Indeed.
XZodia
Staff

Post by XZodia »

Noobs don't even know about this place, and theres not even many noobs left anyway...
JacksonCougar wrote:I find you usually have great ideas.
JacksonCougar wrote:Ah fuck. Why must you always be right? Why.
DemonicSandwich
Trollwich

Ah yes. That setting change was originally to keep out Spam Bots.
Model Customization Pt.01|Model Customization Pt.02|Bipd Attachments|True Marker Rotations
JacksonCougar
Huurcat

Post by JacksonCougar »

Yea, cause I was to laze to do anything better. Yeh.
Twinreaper

Post by Twinreaper »

Can't say that I agree with Dark being included as a "top modder", seeing as how tons of his stuff was done but not credited to, by some good friends I know....one, *Cough*DF*Cough*. But I too see how Halomods is no longer the site we remember. Personally, I am glad that JC had the instinct to create this site ahead of Halomods downfall. To join in this HM bashing, I to shall start removing my topics and dl links. Good ritence to a steaming pile of turd!
DemonicSandwich
Trollwich

I wouldn't say remove your content. But rather remove the DL links, and in their place have something saying "Download from Remnant".
socrates

Post by socrates »

lol, for the download link it to the same thing on remnant, if you havent backed up to remnant, do so when you replace download.
Grimdoomer
Admin

Post by Grimdoomer »

OneZeroOne wrote:Everyone says a part of truth and wrong, just like me.

Modding is dead, it was going to die anyway, but the current staff didn't help, Tural and Veegie didn't bring anything constructive to the forums, Detox still was, with new apps and research but there was also a lot of secrecy about halo 3 modding and a lot of people getting banned about that by that time mainly banning new users(noobs), which is what would what gave so much life to the forum for halo 2, as good as bad for people asking to mod on live but that's the way it has been for Halo 2 and it worked pretty well but for halo 3 it was just mass bans.
First off Veegie did help research H3, maybe you should learn to fucking read. Second off Tural kept idiots like you from posting stupid shit like this. Halo 2 was never flooded by noobs like H3 was. Most of them learned how to become respectable modders, or they just left. There was secracy because idiots like you don't know what the fuck your talking about.
OneZeroOne wrote: It seems like I should have to pick a few posts to prove what is a fact and how Veegie and Tural acted and just anoyed people to the point they left or got so mad to get banned, I mean just take a look at the halo render HELP theard, Veegie being a moderator all he was doing is put down other people's work and not bringing constructive help just destructive criticism which per example few weeks ago was the reason of Jean-Luc leaving, his posts got deleted and many moderators got over him to put down the person and his work resulting on him leaving what a great memory of halomods he had to leave with..
I can pick about 100 where they did their job perfectly fine. You think that your so innocent and they just picked on you. It's because you dont know what the fuck your talking about and you have no idea what halomods was before it got invaded by SG and morons like you.
OneZeroOne wrote: I really don't think that's normal and that has been for too much time now.

I do understand that these people can be good persons when they want but only when they want, but all the true good ambience that they were generating was only on cafe, which was no future for halomods.

Now that a lot of people gets banned instantly, yeah right that's not fair, but this forum needs change anyway and the only way to bring it is with change wether you like it or not, keeping doing cafe discussion and not caring about modding wasn't going to save halo, mods, so what the hell do you mean that Tural Veegie being key members, maybe that was 4 years ago and yeah I was here, unlikley a lot of people here discussing about what happenned and thinking there's no right to do so, those really have no idea what halomods was like before the files forum and before the halo 2 MOTM was closed this is when it all started chaging for many reasons and of course then halo 3.
You say people don't know what the files forum was like, YOU A FUCKING IDIOT. You joinedin 09 how the fuck could you know what it was like. You obvisouly don't because if you did then you wouldn't be posting this stupid shit.
OneZeroOne wrote: I do understand your frustration but honestly if you're not happy, leave, and make your own cafe forum with your favorite staff because that is what halomods was about for more then a year now and it wasn't going anywhere, nothing about modding.
SInce your an idiot and it's people like you who give HaloMods a bad name, why don't you leave.
OneZeroOne wrote: People is not happy about change, but in fact the forums modding content(tutorial mods, pictures) is stil here, all is still here, so clearly what changed is not the content and that's not what those who complain where looking for but just having a good time discussion about non related halo modding with the people that got banned.

Now we're trying to move on and restart a real modding forum not a cafe forum, can you repect that, respect the fact that this is supposed to be a modding forum, where people have fun sharing mods and knowledge about modding and not only a little old school friends cafe discussion in which none of the new user can get into?
This was a real modding forum, you would know that if you really where here for the files forums as you claim.....
OneZeroOne wrote: What would you think if you hosted your website were too busy to come check it and by the time you come back its all but nothing that you made it for in the first place?

I think that's what SG may feel like and took time to realise because of his absence.
It wasen't his site it was grenadiac's. Another thing you would know if you really where here back then.....
OneZeroOne wrote: You guys are being as hypocrit as me because you were having good talks on the forums with the people getting banned, that's fin, but it wasn't anymore what it was supposed to, it doesn't make sense anymore and someone had to make the change to what this forum is meant to be.
This forum was never ment to be a piece of shit ruled by a hipocritical dictaotor who spreads communism to idiots like you....

This is emblem worthy.
neodos

Post by neodos »

Aumaan Anubis wrote:
neodos wrote:By the way, I'll logout of RemnantMods permanently.

Bye.
Umm, third time?

Cya back here in a few weeks.
Second and just by the time we all calm down.
Need to remind how remnant mods was created and why? i asked to Jackson to do so to after acemods.org because they had a host and to have our spot where there would be no one to annoy us and we could make new things, new contest etc since with the staff by that time there was no way to get any contest running or anything such as gamer's night at halomods.

The point was not to blame all on halomods and now that's exactly what you guys are doing for whatever reason; i just don't see this place turning into the new halomods where there's no place for new people or where we don't get along with someonelse, removing your tuts from halomods that's fine i did this before getting banned and replaced it by remnant mods links it may have brought some people here but that's all, halomods is still the biggest halo modding database and if you guys want to come back here it clearly shows you didn't need that staff which got banned, because it isn't here,you want modding, you're just not happy about change.

Last time i checked when Tural came on remnant he got kicked out for flaming here and you all agreed that this is why we had remnant mods, so i don't see why what happenned at halomods is a problem for you, except getting yourself banned unfairly.

Here:
http://forums.remnantmods.com/viewtopic ... &sk=t&sd=a

This thread is full of truth read it entirely... and its why i am saying i really don't see why you guys get so mad, this is what you wanted.

You guys care about the content, not the staff, also you probably care about what halomods represents, but its still is the same as anyways the only people checking for it is us so wether its called halomods or modnexus doesn't really matter SG said he would keep the google search words for halomods.

You are getting mad at SG and what he did just like that, just like i got mad at HM staff many time, well they attacked my personnaly i had better reasons to flame at least...

Obiviously Grenadiac would have closed the website, before you even back it up and you all all agreed(on that thread posted above) that the content would get lost soon or later, SG made sure it would not, HM staff spamming the forum because SG wanted to change some emblems, that definetly prooves how much the old HM staff cares about the forum and its content.

I think there couldn't be a better person then SG which was not really involved in halomods he was neutral and got attacked by the staff as on that conv Tural uploaded, even though he may not have total intrest in modding he made decisions and finaly did something to renew the forums, something that no one dare for years now they have been discussing about it and no one got along with an idea of how.

And I think the most respectable person here is Doorman, its someone I really admire as a modder and person, he doesn't get mad at anyone and respects everyone, this is why i didn't want to reply i wanted to leave to avoid acting as i have always been doing at halomods, its immature yet i couldn't just let people insult me like that, but i guess that's not a solution and doing something as Doorman does is not easy.

More proof of halomods needing a change...

http://forums.remnantmods.com/viewtopic ... &sk=t&sd=a

People just forget about things, when I argue people missunderstand me a lot because i am talking and thinking within taking account of facts of what you said and what happenned.

K im done with pointless fights, i tried at least to be polite and this is not how i would like to leave remnant mods and reminding of you guys and you of me, as we have fun modding and playing mods and talking(not as now) and if you finish that app Grim i still would love to do a few mods, sincerly i like you guys, maybe i should just ignore this thread and your opinions but doing this kind of thing even in real life to me is like lying to myself and lying to others.
socrates

Post by socrates »

Seems as though Neodos has taken a chill-pill, I think all of us should do the same now and again
what more to expect from a thread where everyone posts their opinions?
Everyone has different opinions, those opinions clash, but srsly...
^ I do like this, we all get angry/frustrated occasionally, but afterwards we should all be able to chill and be cool with each other. I may argue with someoen over the internet from time to time, but I almost never hold it against the person anymore, I can only think of maybe three people I have held a grudge against over the internet
forgive and forget is a lie however; learn to forgive, but never forget.forgive someone for being an ass, or flaming you, but don't forget how certain actions/opinions can anger them.
JacksonCougar
Huurcat

Post by JacksonCougar »

I dunno, with the change in staff Halomods stopped being my home, it stopped being a place I cared about. I was on good terms with everyone that got banned from Halomods, and SG has been pulling some fast moves that anyone here on Remnant would not find acceptable if I did them (fuck, no-one on the staff boards here could pull the shit SG has done without losing their positions!)

But this is why I made Remnant. It's a place where people are free to share how they feel without me going around and deleting your posts, and banning you secretly. Aside from one person being banned on these forums (who has since been invited back if I remember my fuzzy memories correctly) I have not perma-banned anyone, and only RC'd two users if memory serves me correctly. This is what sets us apart from them. We do not have an agenda to expand and increase traffic. Our very name suggests the opposite. We are all that is truely left of Halo 2 modding. That is what this board is focused on: which gives us the edge: you post about Halo 2 here, and we have answers. That was not always the case at Halomods.

I guess what I am saying is I am not grieved Halomods is gone to me, because all that was good about Halomods has been stripped away, and what remains lives on in Remnantmods. SG can keep his lunatic asylum, being run by the patients: I'll take Remnantmods over that any day of the week.
Twinreaper

Post by Twinreaper »

I couldn't agree with you more JC. But all harshness aside....I think everyone needs to chill. Halo 2 modding, nor websites and community should dominate your life to the point of constant nagging or screaming about stuff like this. We are here as a commune of buddies to mod halo games, not complain about website managment. Sure I agree with things that are said, but I dont take it to personally or put much more thought into it other than the occasional knod of approval or dislike. I guess what I am trying to say is, let's just turn the fustration and anger into some amazing mods and further advancements. After all, that's why we all came here right?
Gary

Post by Gary »

I agree with Twinreaper.
Just don't bother with HaloMods, we have RemnantMods.