New computer stuff!?

Click16

New computer stuff!?

Post by Click16 »

For Christmas this year, I think I'm going to get my older brother Ant and penguin to help me out with deciding what I should get with my new computer. My computer is currently dieing by the second, and after a bit of beating, my computer is not suffering form its spontaneous graphics fail. I can now even load Microsoft Visual Studio without problems! Although, I don't think this is a permanent fix. I will be getting a cheap Mother board and a fan, and slowly go one-at-a-time.

Order of business:
Mother board
Processor
Ram (If necessary)
HDD (500GB Internal SATA)
New Computer Case (I have no clue about this at the moment.)

That should sum it up. I know that DragonFire will probably laugh at this comment, but I decided to hold off on a monitor. I will keep my standard size monitor because the internals are what I am worried about.

So this Christmas will be the first step on my new computer!!

From today, only 22 days remaining!!!
socrates

Re: New computer stuff!?

Post by socrates »

-_- last I checked i7 was $1000 .....
I'm going to assume you only have cash to buy one part at a time and/or can't save your money so need to purchase parts..
either way, over the summer with each paycheck I would order one or two parts to my computer, once all of them arrived I put my computer together with a few parts I took from my old one that were decent.. brand new dvd drive.. external harddrive etc.
I ended up spending $400-500 on the entire computer...
newegg and tigerdirect usually have pretty good deals between each other. for instance I got 2 2gb sticks of RAM for $40, at the tiem my graphics card cost $75, which now its around $25.. so I assume a 9800 wouldn't cost $100 even now..
Click16

Re: New computer stuff!?

Post by Click16 »

Yes, I will buy the stuff one at a time. An NewEgg FTW!