Game development team

herger

Game development team

Post by herger »

Hello everyone. To be honest I have no idea if this goes here or not lol. But we'll find out. Anyways. The reason I am posting this is because I am part of a small Game developing team, and we are currently looking for some people to add to the team. Now I don't really want to say too much to bore you. But go to this link if you are interested.

http://www.justin.tv/hemiogenic#r=xkit22o
Gary

Re: Game development team

Post by Gary »

Sorry, I know it's a bit of a late reply, I didn't really get to see this thread.

I would like to know more about your game, I would of posted on your forum, but I don't seem to be able to use it, as any link goes to the same page.
Aumaan Anubis
Staff

Post by Aumaan Anubis »

I'm going to post a little advice. This isn't criticism, and you can feel free to listen to it, or to ignore it.

The website you linked to is very... turn-offish. When I saw this post, I though, "Hm, maybe there's something I can help with."
Upon visiting the link, my enthusiasm dropped rapidly. It's not attractive. It doesn't showcase what the team has done/can do. It doesn't list team members. I don't know what your team plans on doing (3d games, 2d games, Java web games, action, adventure, RPG)? Thus, I don't know the direction the team plans on going in.
In addition, your message, "We need..." has a hint of desperation. It's only because you listed almost every possible role in a development team that someone could fill.
It might be improved by telling the site visitor what you already have as well. In addition, detailing the roles and expectations of each role would be beneficial.

This is mostly a rant on the site you chose to direct prospective members to. It leaves no confidence.
Gary

Post by Gary »

I agree with Aumaan.