HDD Crash

Grimdoomer
Admin

HDD Crash

Post by Grimdoomer »

Well I cleaned out my pc last night, turned it on, and one of the wires in the power supply was rubbing up against the fan. It's happened a bunch of times. So I did the ussual fix and smacked my pc until it stopped. Well my hdd must have put a scratch on one of the disks, because I now have a bad sector. I reinstalled windows hoping it would fix the endless bsod issue. It did. But when I try to install my sound driver, bsod, same error. So my hdd is under warrenty, so I can get a new one. But although I will be online, I won't be able to work on anything for a good week or so. I have over 300gigs of shit to sift through and find a temp home for it all. I guess I shouldn't smack my pc any more huh <_<
Don't snort the magic, we need it for the network.
JacksonCougar
Huurcat

Re: HDD Crash

Post by JacksonCougar »

That sucks
xxpenguinxx

Post by xxpenguinxx »

I guess I've been lucky. I smack my computer on almost every startup to stop the fan from humming.
DemonicSandwich wrote:See that? You see that how it is highlighted down here but it's not highlighted right there? Ah, I guess that's what I get for pirating it.
In Soviet Russia, DS touches you. Say it again and I'll do more than touch. ~DS -Oh baby
A cat was licking itself to the sound of potato chips.
Click16

Post by Click16 »

hmm... I think everyone has smacked their computer at one point.... I've actually kicked, AND I MEAN KICKED my computer to get the graphics from fucking up.
Eaton

Post by Eaton »

That is why laptops are better. They are built better and you can take them on the go.
Grimdoomer
Admin

Post by Grimdoomer »

Eaton wrote:That is why laptops are better. They are built better and you can take them on the go.
Good one.
JacksonCougar
Huurcat

Post by JacksonCougar »

I agree, this is a funnah' joke. My laptop is now just a lap.
Eaton

Post by Eaton »

Are any of your desktops better than this? :P

JacksonCougar
Huurcat

Post by JacksonCougar »

Yes. Mine is blue.
Aumaan Anubis
Staff

Post by Aumaan Anubis »

I'm almost disappointed that your laptop is that good.

I'm talking to Jackson.
((N8))

Post by ((N8)) »

Eaton wrote:Are any of your desktops better than this? :P

Aside from the fact I haven't gotten around to getting a better graphics card
and that I might leave my ram at 4 gigs, yes my computer is better =)
JacksonCougar wrote:Sheep.
...how could you just go and change a quote like that? lol...
OwnZ joO

Post by OwnZ joO »

Yeah, your processor and gpu are only that good plugged when you're plugged in or running out your battery quickly, which is not really the point of a laptop. I love my netbook because it's portable and easy to take to class, but I wouldn't want it to be very powerful, just no real point to me.
Eaton

Post by Eaton »

((N8)) wrote:

You have a picture of your scores?
Eaton

Post by Eaton »

Eaton wrote:
((N8)) wrote:

You have a picture of your scores?
OwnZ joO wrote:Yeah, your processor and gpu are only that good plugged when you're plugged in or running out your battery quickly, which is not really the point of a laptop. I love my netbook because it's portable and easy to take to class, but I wouldn't want it to be very powerful, just no real point to me.
For the most part, it is always plugged in. There is nowhere in the house to put a desktop and when I go down to my other house for weeks at a time, my laptop comes with me. So it's the PC I always use for everything. So it needed to be powerful. :P
Click16

Post by Click16 »

Ha ha. *waits for it to stop working*

Laptops suck, especially if you are going to use them like a regular computer. It will crash some day... Just wait.

As for me, Desktop parts are very very easy to replace... Try finding replacement laptop parts.
Eaton

Post by Eaton »

Click16 wrote:Ha ha. *waits for it to stop working*

Laptops suck, especially if you are going to use them like a regular computer. It will crash some day... Just wait.

As for me, Desktop parts are very very easy to replace... Try finding replacement laptop parts.
My old laptop is usually always on and it has lasted me 2 years with 0 issues. :P
DemonicSandwich
Trollwich

Post by DemonicSandwich »

Average lifespan of a laptop PC is 3 years.
Model Customization Pt.01|Model Customization Pt.02|Bipd Attachments|True Marker Rotations
"I'm the h4x man! Skibby Dibby Dib YoDahDubDub, YoDahDubDub"
Eaton

Post by Eaton »

DemonicSandwich wrote:Average lifespan of a laptop PC is 3 years.
I expect to get a new one by then. When USB 3.0 is mainstream and a 6-8 core processor is available.
Gary

Post by Gary »

At my upgrade rate, I'll be getting a new computer when USB 4.0 and Photonic processors are out of date.
Grimdoomer
Admin

Post by Grimdoomer »

I just don't like laptops because of their shape and style. I need a mouse and although I could just plug a usb one it, then it needs it needs to be on a table. I just don't like them, I like a desktop better.
Click16

Post by Click16 »

Grimdoomer wrote:I just don't like laptops because of their shape and style. I need a mouse and although I could just plug a usb one it, then it needs it needs to be on a table. I just don't like them, I like a desktop better.
I know what you mean, On a laptop, you just don't feel as comfortable as when you are on a Desktop Computer.
xxpenguinxx

Post by xxpenguinxx »

Laptops:
I'm not a laptop fan for the same reasons as click. I'm generally stationary with my computer though I was tempted to carry it into school a few times. I switch my graphics cards around for testing apps, (try doing that with a laptop).

ON TOPIC:
Well, because of your hdd failure grim, I'm going to purchase an external 1TB hard drive to backup these 5 or so 80 to 160GB hard drives that are just taking up space in my computers. Plus I won't have to worry about powering 6 internal drives with a power hungry GPU.

I should just delete half of my 3d models just because half of them suck, and it's pretty hard to rebuild a model without trashing the whole thing anyway.

I also have a ton of other backups that are organized by date rather then type like:

F:\June-20-2008\apps
F:\November 08\apps

So this new drive will link everything into types so I don't have to worry about dates. I have so many duplicates and unorganized files that it's like driving my nuts into a wall when searching for crap.
DemonicSandwich wrote:See that? You see that how it is highlighted down here but it's not highlighted right there? Ah, I guess that's what I get for pirating it.
In Soviet Russia, DS touches you. Say it again and I'll do more than touch. ~DS -Oh baby
Grimdoomer
Admin

Post by Grimdoomer »

Son of a fucking bitch. I got everything off my 1tb drive, and put a spare 300gb drive in my pc for just windows. This way when I get a new 1tb drive it will be just for my files. Well, while installing my sound driver, I got the same bsod error I was getting on the 1tb drive. So my shitty piece of fuck sound card might be dead, or have dirty contacts. I would not be surprised if it was dead since this would be the third soundblaster card I have had die. That and their shitty bsoding drivers that suck dick. So tomorrow I'm gunna pull the card out, clean the contacts on the card and pci slot and try reinstalling the sound driver. If it doesn't work then I guess the card is dead. Then I get to put the 1tb drive back in, and reload 300 gigs of fucking shit.

I fucking hate sound blaster and their shitty cards and drivers. I should fucking shit in a box and put the three dead sound cards I have and mail it to them. Mother fucker cock sucking monkey shit licked assholes.
xxpenguinxx

Post by xxpenguinxx »

What OS are you running and what exact sound blaster card are you using?

I had issues using my X-fi xtreme audio in XP x64, but it runs great with Win7 x64. On the other hand my Audigy ran great in XP x64 but the microphone failed horribly in Win7 x64. As for SB Live, they work but tend to sound like shit.
JacksonCougar
Huurcat

Post by JacksonCougar »

Grimdoomer wrote:Son of a fucking bitch. I got everything off my 1tb drive, and put a spare 300gb drive in my pc for just windows. This way when I get a new 1tb drive it will be just for my files. Well, while installing my sound driver, I got the same bsod error I was getting on the 1tb drive. So my shitty piece of fuck sound card might be dead, or have dirty contacts. I would not be surprised if it was dead since this would be the third soundblaster card I have had die. That and their shitty bsoding drivers that suck dick. So tomorrow I'm gunna pull the card out, clean the contacts on the card and pci slot and try reinstalling the sound driver. If it doesn't work then I guess the card is dead. Then I get to put the 1tb drive back in, and reload 300 gigs of fucking shit.

I fucking hate sound blaster and their shitty cards and drivers. I should fucking shit in a box and put the three dead sound cards I have and mail it to them. Mother fucker cock sucking monkey shit licked assholes.
lmao, that sucks.