Lets talk graphics

kronosslayer

Lets talk graphics

Post by kronosslayer »

Well the computers i currently own are hitting the age of around 7 yrs old :XD: . So I'm preparing my pockets to build a machine from scratch. Of course Alienware look badass but id rather keep my car lolz, so a graphics card is what I'm always falling behind in because of their expense. So any recommendations with the best for your buck? Compatibility with linux would be best because I'm virtualizing windows.

but hot damn is this a monster :shock:
xxpenguinxx

Re: Lets talk graphics

Post by xxpenguinxx »

That is one awesome card. I'm waiting for mine to come in the mail.
If you keep looking around you may be able to get one for $100-$150 used. The one I ordered was having artifact issues so it was only about $30, but I can fix it if it's just bad solder joints.
This card requires some serious power, 600W or better. Do not skimp out on a power supply. I was running a Radeon HD 4870 with a 450W power supply... I had hard drives turn off because of how much power the card was drawing.
DemonicSandwich wrote:See that? You see that how it is highlighted down here but it's not highlighted right there? Ah, I guess that's what I get for pirating it.
In Soviet Russia, DS touches you. Say it again and I'll do more than touch. ~DS -Oh baby
A cat was licking itself to the sound of potato chips.
kronosslayer

Re: Lets talk graphics

Post by kronosslayer »

30$ for some soldering?!? what a deal. yeah i have about 2100$ invested into my machine so the parts i plan on ordering dont really lack in many areas.