Clean installed pc

bumlove

Clean installed pc

Post by bumlove »

Hi all, with my hdd woes of recent it made the decision to flatten my pc easy I'm in the process of raping a friends bandwidth updating windows and such I'm after any recomendations for programs that are too good to miss, so I can make an image of what I would like as my next clean install
Here's my wish list

Flashxp
Vuze
VLC
Virtual Dj
7zip
CCleaner
Avira anti virus
Visual studio express 2010
Firefox
netframe work 4
Entity 2.1.xx
H2C 3-7-7
H2G 3-7-7

I'm also after a text to speach engine, any recomendations?
I suppose I should get some modeling software too, any recomendations for a cheap skate like me (PM's for the questionable sources)

there are lots of things I could list but the above list shows kinda how I use my pc anything I shouldn't miss?
JacksonCougar
Huurcat

Re: Clean installed pc

Post by JacksonCougar »

First things I always install back on are Photoshop and 3ds max, Chrome, drivers, 7zip, AIM, and Visual Studios 2008 because 2010 runs like a horses ass.
bumlove

Post by bumlove »

Any sources for decent 3d softwares on the cheap, (pm's please) I have 24 hours more of unlimited bandwidth so quickly please
OwnZ joO

Post by OwnZ joO »

JacksonCougar wrote:First things I always install back on are Photoshop and 3ds max, Chrome, drivers, 7zip, AIM, and Visual Studios 2008 because 2010 runs like a horses ass.
Why do you think 2010 runs like a horses ass? I tried the beta which was garbage, crashed all the time on me. I finally just got 2010 from dreamspark this summer and I really love it. 4.0 framework has a lot of cool shit along with the 3.5 stuff as well, PLINQ and the task parallel library look really cool and I want to start working with them more. You might wanna check it out again if its been a while since you tried it last.
JacksonCougar
Huurcat

Post by JacksonCougar »

The program, the GUI, runs like a horses ass. The thing lags behind as I'm typing, events take longer to fire off, everything about it is sluggish and slow. I assume this is because I have a shit computer, but still.
Grimdoomer
Admin

Post by Grimdoomer »

I have the 2010 C# Express edition and it does bother me a lot too. They moved some buttons around, and completly removed a few from all menus, so if you are use to the gui for 2005/08 then it really fucks with your head. That and every once in a while I will get a "Visual Studio 2010 has stopped working" message, even though I just hit close and VS stays open, its still annoying. There are some other quarks but I haven't used it in a while so idr off hand. There is probably and update for the bugs, but the changes in the menus/toolbars still pisses me off.
Don't snort the magic, we need it for the network.
OwnZ joO

Post by OwnZ joO »

Yeah I used to get the stopped responding all the time in the Beta, it was completely unusable. I didn't use any visual studio for a while and was just working on java and ANSI C stuff for school, they seemed to have got there shit together with 2010 Professional Edition SP1, because I don't think it's done that once. For a lower power computer it would probably kinda suck though, and building really annoys me on it, I have to clean the projects and rebuild because it doesn't seem to overwrite like it used to, and still does in Express Edition.
bumlove

Post by bumlove »

I've just started C# so I know not of the coke v's new coke that is 2008 to 2010 I've got 3ds max 10 (result!)
Back to the first install I gave C a 10gig partition (back when xp only took 2.3gig) and thought that would be enough, yeah right xp uptodate takes 7.5gig these days.

so I finally have a use for one of the stock xbhdd's (holding a good image)(fuck it, I have loads of xbhdds I'll go mad and bury a few)