2012 New Year's Resolutions

NotZachary82

2012 New Year's Resolutions

Post by NotZachary82 »

Well it's a bit late, but it is a new year. I think it'd be cool if everyone wanted to pitch in on their resolutions for 2012, and give insight to others should they feel like pursuing new activities, such as being healthier overall, or just trying new things. Also, if anyone has trouble maintaining their goals then others may advise on how to adapt/manage your attention better.

My goals/resolutions are:

1. Take better care of myself. Though I've let this slide for quite a while, I looked in the mirror a while back and decided I was just not satisfied for the way I was. I've had bad acne since middle school; though it's been fading over the years, in my senior year of high school I feel as though something should have been done about it by now. Additionally, I'm skinny as fuck and am tired of being able to lift less than Aumaan. I've decided that within the month I will begin exercising. Running. Eating healthier. Shit like this.

2. Time management. As an ambitious film student, I've gotten plenty of schools accepting me as well as some who would like to interview me. The thing is, portfolio-wise, I don't have a lot of completed things to show. I've been too wrapped up in bullshit like socializing and gaming that I've forgotten what actually matters for my future. I don't want to rush things, but I certainly would like to try to space out effective writing and being a teenager at the same time (plus the former resolution).

3. Relationships. I've been dodging people that I just don't wish to speak to anymore. They used to be my good friends, but I remember waking up one morning and thinking to myself that I've grown terribly sick of them. I've always been different from them anyway, and now I can't stand them. I suppose if I just stop talking to them then my relationships with them would fade away, but I don't want it to end like that. I feel that I should take responsibility for the people that I wish to include in my life. Also, there's this girl I guess I've been "seeing" for years now, and we've always sort of used the L-word. But now, that word actually means something to me, and I don't think I really ... L her (I can't even say it lol). I cringe everyone she texts me even abbreviations like "ily," and then I troll my way out of replying the way she wants me to and I end up a coward. How's the best way to go about this? I suppose I just have to be true myself in the end.

Anyway, that dragged on longer than I thought.

What are your goals for this year?
Aumaan Anubis
Staff

Re: 2012 New Year's Resolutions

Post by Aumaan Anubis »

Firstly, Read: http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-reasons-y ... g-to-fail/
While the url may seem misleading, the article is more bent towards making it so you don't make resolutions you can't achieve. And all 3 of yours reaaaalllyyy fall into like, the first category of why you won't be able to achieve them. That being: they're vague. So incredibly vague.
Anyway, read it; everybody.
NotZachary82 wrote:I'm skinny as fuck and am tired of being able to lift less than Aumaan.
Maniacal laughter

Additionally.... my list....

1) Get abs. Like, a straight up six pack. I want to be able to see it, which means reaching a body fat % of like, 7% or so. I, as well, am not entirely satisfied with my physique, and intend to change that.
2) I am going to stop playing video games during the school year. None at all. God save me.

Believe I had more; just not on my mind right now. Good luck to all with your resolutions.
NotZachary82

Post by NotZachary82 »

Yeah, that article is definitely spot on. Good read.

I never really specified how I would achieve any of those, but I really do have a plan for the most part. Should've included that when I wrote that at 1:00 in the morning. Welp.

Also I'm 6ft and 150 lbs. That was an exaggeration, Aumaan. :P But I'm not as "big" as I'd like to be, if you catch my drift. I haven't ran or worked out in ages, things that are terribly evident in my calf-muscles and arms.
OwnZ joO

Post by OwnZ joO »

What are you shooting for? 6ft and 160-170lbs with ~7% body fat?

I'd like to readjust my body composition again. I was down to about 8% body fat at one point and in pretty damn good shape. I really haven't made the extra time to work out in quite some time and need to get back into it. I'm not overweight or anything, if I had to guess my body fat % I would say 10-14, but I'd like to be sub 10%.
Grimdoomer
Admin

Post by Grimdoomer »

If you think you need to wait until a certain date to change something in your life then you are doomed to fail. If you want to change something in your life do it that very moment, not next year.
Don't snort the magic, we need it for the network.