Halo 4 Mods

DoorM4n

Halo 4 Mods

Post by DoorM4n »

I was playing Halo 4 and ran into a guy who was modding the game really well (for such a new game) while on Xbox Live. The guy was saying that 343 used Halo 2's map structure and a lot of plugins could be used. He made bipeds large and small, infinite jetpacks, replaced biped models with green orbs, and some other tings. He also was able to fully modify his account to get all emblems, helmets, ranking number, and stances. I was telling him about the good ole' days of Halo 2 modding, and he was excited just knowing that he was able to talk about modding with someone.

The strange part is that he wasn't modifying map values--he was modifying gametypes and could do very specific things to the map. I personally haven't heard of that, but maybe y'all have. He also said 343 doesn't have the detection system that bungie had so people are able to do a lot and not get caught. He also said he did a lot offline so it looked like he got XP during custom games or lans.

Are any of y'all familiar with Halo 4 modding? He said he typically goes to sevensins and hackforums.
Remnant! We were the last stand.
XZodia
Staff

Re: Halo 4 Mods

Post by XZodia »

It surprises me that this is actually the first time I've even heard mention of Halo 4 modding...
JacksonCougar wrote:I find you usually have great ideas.
JacksonCougar wrote:Ah fuck. Why must you always be right? Why.
Grimdoomer
Admin

Post by Grimdoomer »

DoorM4n wrote:I was playing Halo 4 and ran into a guy who was modding the game really well (for such a new game) while on Xbox Live. The guy was saying that 343 used Halo 2's map structure and a lot of plugins could be used. He made bipeds large and small, infinite jetpacks, replaced biped models with green orbs, and some other tings. He also was able to fully modify his account to get all emblems, helmets, ranking number, and stances. I was telling him about the good ole' days of Halo 2 modding, and he was excited just knowing that he was able to talk about modding with someone.

The strange part is that he wasn't modifying map values--he was modifying gametypes and could do very specific things to the map. I personally haven't heard of that, but maybe y'all have. He also said 343 doesn't have the detection system that bungie had so people are able to do a lot and not get caught. He also said he did a lot offline so it looked like he got XP during custom games or lans.

Are any of y'all familiar with Halo 4 modding? He said he typically goes to sevensins and hackforums.
I don't know how to tell you this, but he is full of shit and you just got trolled. First off the maps are NOTHING like halo 2, at all. If he goes to sevensins they you can bet your ass he is just some dumb kid following shitty tutorials made by people who couldn't tell the difference between a text file and a halo map. You can do a lot with the gametypes in halo 4, and in reach too.The gametypes are actually megalo scripts from what I've read from kornmans research on them. The emblems, helmets, etc? Just a profile mod to unlock them all.
Don't snort the magic, we need it for the network.
Eaton

Post by Eaton »

Probably Megalo script modding, which is floating around now.

Or he bought XBLS (modded Xbox online service) and uses mod tools to use RTH online.
iBotPeaches

Post by iBotPeaches »

Obviously since he goes to s7 and hackforums hes an idiot. Hes not touching the map files. The only Halo modders left are here, halomods, open sauce and XboxChaos

https://github.com/XboxChaos/Assembly

Here is 3rd generation .map editing. In Alpha. Give it another month or two. No, it'll never had the same level of H2 map editors, but its pretty damn sexy and good for what we have now.
Apktool Developer
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

Grimdoomer wrote:
DoorM4n wrote:I was playing Halo 4 and ran into a guy who was modding the game really well (for such a new game) while on Xbox Live. The guy was saying that 343 used Halo 2's map structure and a lot of plugins could be used. He made bipeds large and small, infinite jetpacks, replaced biped models with green orbs, and some other tings. He also was able to fully modify his account to get all emblems, helmets, ranking number, and stances. I was telling him about the good ole' days of Halo 2 modding, and he was excited just knowing that he was able to talk about modding with someone.

I don't know how to tell you this, but he is full of shit and you just got trolled. First off the maps are NOTHING like halo 2, at all. If he goes to sevensins they you can bet your ass he is just some dumb kid following shitty tutorials made by people who couldn't tell the difference between a text file and a halo map. You can do a lot with the gametypes in halo 4, and in reach too.The gametypes are actually megalo scripts from what I've read from kornmans research on them. The emblems, helmets, etc? Just a profile mod to unlock them all.

Well, I feel like I have to defend myself after that post, hahaha. Okay, so maybe I was trolled, but here is why I don't think I was. The kid didn't say they were set up like halo 2 tags, but he said things were similar in someway (it's escaping me right now honestly). He added me as a friend on xbl so I'll ask him soon. I absolutely do believe he followed a tutorial or profile mod unlock, which I'm sure is simple. He did show me some mods in Halo 4 though, which may have been easily done in that program Assembly. One thing that really makes me think that he was talking out of his ass was he was saying the most fun days about Halo 2 mods were when you could dual wield battle rifles--then I told the kid, "Man, that shit is so damn easy. You can do that with a click of a button." haha, so maybe I was trolled, but I did see some halo 4 mods. I'll talk to him in the near future and report back to you homeys.
Remnant! We were the last stand.
rentreg

Post by rentreg »

somewhat relevant for those who haven't seen http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2RI45IjeFI
it's really amusing to see the kind of effort 343 put into some of the features only to not be shipped with the game.
Most users ever online was 152 on March 16th, 2012, 7:02 am
what happened on March 16th, 2012 at 7:02 am? 0_o
Click16

Post by Click16 »

rentreg wrote:somewhat relevant for those who haven't seen http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2RI45IjeFI
it's really amusing to see the kind of effort 343 put into some of the features only to not be shipped with the game.
Reminds me of the "Fuck you" and sprinting animations in Halo 2.I love seeing things that don't make it into the final cut.