The Official Happiness Thread

DoorM4n

Re: The Official Happiness Thread

Post by DoorM4n »

Awesome! Awesome! Awesome! Ill organize something soon.
Remnant! We were the last stand.
troymac1ure
Keeper of Entity

Post by troymac1ure »

I too could probably get in on an evening event. However, I'm usually a bit later and I'm on PST (GMT-8h), so it may be too late for some of you.
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

GTA V for Xbox One, PS4, and PC! Woooo!

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/a ... ve-content
Click16

Post by Click16 »

Alright well, college started, and I haven't been around as much as I was in the summer, but now that these courses are starting to smooth out, I will try to be more active. I'll be on Remnant Chat as long as I'm on my computer, and I'll start streaming more. Here's my stream link if anyone's interested http://www.twitch.tv/mikematt16
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

NICE MAN! I pop in on remnantchat from time to time and no one is on :( Glad youll b on more
neodos

Post by neodos »

Been working on an animated short for almost 8 months (set in the Team Fortress 2 universe), it never should have taken that long, but we didn't have the number of people needed to make it, we pulled through anyways with only a few people and its almost done, I can't wait to show it! :mrgreen:
Last edited by neodos on Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CaptainPoopface

Post by CaptainPoopface »

Congratulations! Can you link to it here when it's ready? Would love to see what you have been working on for so long.
neodos

Post by neodos »

You bet! :)
troymac1ure
Keeper of Entity

Post by troymac1ure »

Nice! I was wondering how that was coming along. Don't forget to post that link... :)
XZodia
Staff

Post by XZodia »

Just cast my vote in the Scottish Independence Referendum!

Don't know if you guys have heard about it in america?
JacksonCougar wrote:I find you usually have great ideas.
JacksonCougar wrote:Ah fuck. Why must you always be right? Why.
troymac1ure
Keeper of Entity

Post by troymac1ure »

No, hadn't heard of it. So if it passes there will be a border crossing to deal with? Also, do you think Scotland would switch to the Euro? What benefits / drawbacks are there to this referendum?
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

XZodia wrote:Just cast my vote in the Scottish Independence Referendum!

Don't know if you guys have heard about it in america?
XZodia! Yeah man! I've been listening to NPR for the last two days on what the deal is! Don't go all William Wallace on us! Braveheart 2 is going to be a boring movie though if all the action is at the ballot box.

The youth seem to be really interested in this while the adults are more complacent (it seems). Tell us your view on the pros and cons!
CaptainPoopface

XZodia I didn't know you were Scottish! Yeah I've been seeing it in the news every day for a couple weeks now. I'm not educated enough (or British enough) to have an informed opinion. It seems like nationalism vs. pragmatism, not an easy choice.
XZodia
Staff

Post by XZodia »

troymac1ure wrote:No, hadn't heard of it. So if it passes there will be a border crossing to deal with? Also, do you think Scotland would switch to the Euro? What benefits / drawbacks are there to this referendum?
Well as you can imagine that's a really complicated question, and there is a lot of unknowns.

The leading political party (the SNP) want to keep the pound as our currency, which although possible, its hard to say whether it would be a good idea or not...
Technically speaking, to become a member of the European Union we would need to accept the Euro currency, (the UK was except from this rule). So currency has been a big debate and is as yet undecided.

Border crossing hasn't been mentioned much, but don't think either side (Scotland or UK) would want to introduce border controls.

In a nutshell, the main reason for Scotland wanting independence, is that its political views are very different to that of England, and since Scotland has 10% the population of England, we have very little power to change the government in Westminster. (In fact there is only 2 elections in history which would have been different without Scotland's vote)

Other things pushing people towards independence:
The public spending we receive is significantly less than the taxes we pay to the UK treasury.
The vast majority of the UK's oil fields are in Scottish waters and the wealth generated by them has been badly mismanaged by the UK government.
The UK government's movements towards privatising the UK health service.

There's obviously more to it than that but that covers the major talking points.
JacksonCougar
Huurcat

Post by JacksonCougar »

Finally got moonfish setup to generate classes from guerilla—then wrap those classes in another class and call everything based on that wrapper. Which lets me declare that wrapper partial and implement user-code separately from the generated code, and even override the generated code (which declares everything virtual). This goes a long ways now because with a few overrides I can load render data directly into the generated classes (sbsp, mode) and feed those directly into my opengl code which is written around them. All the generated code implements generated constructors as well that load all the values from a stream directly (so no reflection slowing anything down here).

A little more work is required stripping all the old code out of moonfish and replacing it with the generated back-end before moving onto anything else, but it shouldn't take very long before I can release an OpenGL based scenario editor—in the meantime look at this
Attachments
bssposhjsw-s.png
(59.48 KiB) Not downloaded yet
DarkShallFall

Post by DarkShallFall »

Beautiful
Click16

Post by Click16 »

Hey Dark. Long time no see eh? Also I'm pretty happy I finally got off my lazy ass and got a job lol.
CaptainPoopface

Moonfish is looking good! Bsp rendering with the bloc models. Did you figure out why some models go haywire?
JacksonCougar
Huurcat

Post by JacksonCougar »

Drivers? I really don't know—I don't get it on my nvidea card
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

NO POSTS FOR A WEEK! Fuck that!

School and Work are killing me, but I'm happy to be alive and well in a free nation. Stay healthy everyone! Flu Season is coming!

JacksonCougar
Huurcat

Post by JacksonCougar »

I started a new job today, and got my sense of smell back
troymac1ure
Keeper of Entity

Post by troymac1ure »

I keep checking in here and see no posts and start wondering if this is finally it. Or maybe there's just some good games out ATM that are keeping us all busy elsewhere for a bit of our lives. Personally, Destiny has kept me away a bit.
XZodia
Staff

Post by XZodia »

Well I have a job now =P
This season always has a lack of activity, nothing to worry about.
JacksonCougar
Huurcat

Post by JacksonCougar »

Yea, I know I'm not going anywhere :p We've got holidays coming up (thanksgivings, haloween, and christmas, then a whole new year).
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

IT'S NEVER OVER, DAMMIT! There are a lot of really awesome games out right now that I've been playing, namely Counter Strike Source. I think it came out a few months ago :lol: --CSS Zombie Escape maps are sooo good! Ive actually been playing Zombie Escape too much. It's on a GFL server if you guys wanna play. 64 people fighting off zombies and running through nostalgic multiplayer maps with different themes: Lord of the Rings, Resident Evil, Pirates of the Carribean, Jurassic Park, Other movies, other game themes. Meh, its a poor explanation, but it's so much fun. Trust me.

I'm not gonna lie, Im realllly excited for Halo MCC.

Oh and I just got Left 4 Dead 1 and 2. Holy shit, these games are the best zombie games ever made.

ANNNND I also started a job. Fuck school and work combination. It rots the soul.

ANNNNNNDDD I'm almost done with my Halo Montage :shock: !