Xbox Live Problems

Remnant Samurai

Xbox Live Problems

Post by Remnant Samurai »

I cant connect to people near me on xbox live i can connect to people in america like dark and the only way i can connect or host to people near me if someone else is hosting like a third party i have all my ports forwarded and have set a dmz for my xbox anyone here help microsoft didnt do anything at all.

O btw the router i have is a Belkin 54g Wireless that might not be compatible with xbox live im not really sure.

O heres the virtual server (port forwarding) thing if that helps:

Dr Flatulator

Re: Xbox Live Problems

Post by Dr Flatulator »

This might be bumping but...

Well I had the same problem, I am in the UK.

It seemed to me that my ISP was throttling me because of my overusage of the internets. I use bittorent an awful lot, and when I stopped using it as much my NAT was always open, and I could join anyone.

It also seemed that it was only people on the same ISP I can join, maybe the people near you. I use BT.

When downloading stuff, my advice is to use a VPN like http://www.relakks.com, that way I don't /think/ ISP's can detect how much you're downloading.

Meh, it worked for me anyway, after using a VPN for downloading I was no longer throttled.
Remnant Samurai

thanks but i figured out what was wrong my friends near me are on moderate and thought they were open
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Why can't the interwebs just get along and abandon this so called virus conspiracy theory and have none of this blockage powers from routers :cry:
Remnant Samurai

I can but i guess nothing will ever be perfect :(