I Just got Windows Vista Ultimate x32

Click16

I Just got Windows Vista Ultimate x32

Post by Click16 »

I'm going to be getting new computer stuff, until then, I just installed Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate x32.
My new computer stuff is:
Motherboard (The main board for your computer.)
Processor (The item that 'processes' all actions and calculations very quickly, without it, the computer is useless)
RAM (Random Access Memory, the more RAM that is in your computer, the faster it will calculate and complete processes.)

Here is a picture of my desktop:

When i get my new stuff, i MAY switch back to XP.

Click
Rocky

Re: I Just got Windows Vista Ultimate x32

Post by Rocky »

Only thing I don't like about vista is that it is virus freak and never lets me install anything. Even when right clicking and running as administrator. Is there any way to turn all that stuff off?
xxpenguinxx

Post by xxpenguinxx »

Rocky wrote:Only thing I don't like about vista is that it is virus freak and never lets me install anything. Even when right clicking and running as administrator. Is there any way to turn all that stuff off?
There is but you need to be on an admin account to turn it off. I used to use vista but it didn't work well with my new graphics card so I switched back to xp. Look in windows defender, there's something in there that allows you to disable the virus protection thing.
DemonicSandwich wrote:See that? You see that how it is highlighted down here but it's not highlighted right there? Ah, I guess that's what I get for pirating it.
In Soviet Russia, DS touches you. Say it again and I'll do more than touch. ~DS -Oh baby
A cat was licking itself to the sound of potato chips.
Dragonfire

Post by Dragonfire »

Click16 wrote:My new computer stuff is:
Motherboard (The main board for your computer.)
Processor (The item that 'processes' all actions and calculations very quickly, without it, the computer is useless)
RAM (Random Access Memory, the more RAM that is in your computer, the faster it will calculate and complete processes.)
Im sry, i just had to laugh at that :XD:

Also the UAC in User Acount settings is what makes vista do that secondary authorization bullshit :evil:
Aumaan Anubis
Staff

Post by Aumaan Anubis »

Seeing as you have World of Warcraft on your desktop...

I advise you never to roll on the Coilfang realm. Especially if you roll alliance. 'tis and always has been a nightmare. Those brave enough to actually get a 70 on that server must be freakin' unstoppable(I would know, because I am one :D )
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

xxpenguinxx wrote:
Rocky wrote:Only thing I don't like about vista is that it is virus freak and never lets me install anything. Even when right clicking and running as administrator. Is there any way to turn all that stuff off?
There is but you need to be on an admin account to turn it off. I used to use vista but it didn't work well with my new graphics card so I switched back to xp. Look in windows defender, there's something in there that allows you to disable the virus protection thing.
I never have more than one account on my computer. But I'll look into the windows defender thing soon