Alternative Energy Sources

Zieon Eslador

Re: Alternative Energy Sources

Post by Zieon Eslador »

Why not try mag-lev wind turbines? Magnets could, if you place them right, eliminate friction between the 'sails' and the tower base. What is the problem with creating the next generation of wind turbines with magnets? Adn about the turbine in space, if you were to use magnets to hold the sail in place then strap a few mirrors to each sail facing the sun and in about five hours they'll begin turning fast enough to generate electricity. Have fun beaming it back to Earth though...
Zieon Eslador (1:23:09 AM): I haven't seen Watchmen, but I plan to eventually...
NotZachary (1:23:15 AM): it has nukes, random things happening, and retards screaming
NotZachary (1:23:19 AM): kinda like MW2
Grimdoomer
Admin

Post by Grimdoomer »

OwnZ joO wrote:
Grimdoomer wrote:Well my idea, and the reason I said space, is because there is no friction in space. So if we could get a turbine to spin in a no friction zone, then we could spin it faster then the speed of light without it exploding. How much energy would that get :wink:
The theory of relativity basically says that anything that has mass can't travel at the speed of light, at least from what I understand, so the whole faster than the speed of light thing probably isn't going to work. Why do you think friction is keeping us under the speed of light?

Also we need to find a good way to transport energy also. Most of what you pay for in the electricity bill is power that is lost getting to your house.
You missed my point. I clearly said: if we could get a turbine to spin in a no friction zone

If there is no friction you could spin anything at any speed and it wont explode.
Don't snort the magic, we need it for the network.
Aumaan Anubis
Staff

Post by Aumaan Anubis »

Grimdoomer wrote:If there is no friction you could spin anything at any speed and it wont explode.
Not to mention, it would never stop spinning, creating a constant flow of energy.
Gary

Post by Gary »

Aumaan Anubis wrote:
Grimdoomer wrote:If there is no friction you could spin anything at any speed and it wont explode.
Not to mention, it would never stop spinning, creating a constant flow of energy.

Nope. this wouldn't work,
why would you want to do it in space? No Gravity Right?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artificial ... y#Rotation
Gary

Post by Gary »

infinitum wrote:Gjdeath wtf does creating gravity on a rotating spacestation have to do with friction? Please explain.
i noticed something odd, why do you seem to talk for Eternal? it just seems odd, your acting so much like him...

"Alternative Energy Sources" is the name of the topic, also, they where saying you could use it for a spacestation, my point was:

Centrifugal force: Unlike real gravity which pulls towards a center, this pseudo-force that appears in rotating reference frames gives a rotational 'gravity' that pushes away from the axis of rotation. Artificial gravity levels vary proportionately with the distance from the centre of rotation. With a small radius of rotation, the amount of gravity felt at one's head would be significantly different from the amount felt at one's feet. This could make movement and changing body position awkward. Again, slower rotations or larger rotational radii should not lead to such a problem.

i think that's about right.
also, this topic is about Alternative Energy Sources,l unless you didn't notice
OwnZ joO

Post by OwnZ joO »

Scientist say that even light can't escape the gravity pull of a black hole, then light must have mass in order to be affected by the gravity pull of the black hole.
So do light have mass?

According to Albert Einstein, "mass" expands exponentially as it approaches light speed and such exponential expansion prohibits any mass from attaining the speed of light because of the (also) expanding resistance (like the force against an auto's windscreen grows greater as speed increases).

Light is warped around a black hole as it follows the curvature (warp and compression) of space in the vicinity of a black hole. Theoretically, a black hole is mass that has, in fact, expanded exponentially and is traveling at a speed approaching the speed of light.

Light, it seems, follows the path of least resistance and its natural "physic" is to travel at the speed of light when un-emcumbered by matter.
Ogrish

Post by Ogrish »

Ahhh Alternative Energy sources, i used those alot back when i worked at valley spun (I mean Valley Sun). Just the basics caffine, nicotine, methamphetamine. Lol

Sorry guys but this stuff was making my burnt out brain hurt, in fact im going to burn one now an meditate on all this stuff.
:mrgreen: oppropriate dont you think? :mrgreen: I want mr green for my avatar.