neodos

Re: The Future Of the Human Race

Post by neodos »

Game Over.

Press restart.
OwnZ joO

Post by OwnZ joO »

Didn't they just find like billions of gallons of oil along with even more natural gas than oil in the arctic or Antarctica because of global warming? I'm not saying that's a permanent fix or anything, I'm just saying we could possibly have longer to act than previously thought. The thing I'm not sure about nuclear power is how much fuel we have for it. There are only 2 elements with nuclear reactions, and I don't know how abundant they are and how much is used for each reaction. They also need to be enriched for use. I'm not saying its not a reasonable solution, I just don't know how available it will be for hundreds of years(it could be abundant, I really don't know and I'm questioning it). Obviously wind and light energy aren't abundant forever, but if they are ever gone, we'll all be dead, so for all practical purposes they are.
Zieon Eslador

Post by Zieon Eslador »

What we need to do is find a way to create electricity directly from radiation... Think about it, nuclear radiation releases a ton of energy from a relatively small space. It'll never happen though, Grimdoomer is 95% correct.

OwnZ JoO, Ima need a link for that one... :?:
Zieon Eslador (1:23:09 AM): I haven't seen Watchmen, but I plan to eventually...
NotZachary (1:23:15 AM): it has nukes, random things happening, and retards screaming
NotZachary (1:23:19 AM): kinda like MW2
OwnZ joO

Post by OwnZ joO »

If you're asking about the natural gas and crude oil they found:
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news ... d=10523555
I saw it on the daily show, I think they also mentioned trillions of units of natural gas.

If you're asking for a like about nuclear power:
I only have a basic understanding of nuclear power from high school chemistry.

What I'm pretty sure I remember correctly is that we use fission(splitting atoms) and fusion actually creates more energy, but we can't capture as much of it or something of that nature. From what I know there are only 2 elements that we use for nuclear power(plutonium and uranium) and when they are bombarded with neutrons, they split. When they split they produce: 2 stray neutrons, 2 elements, and energy. The two neutrons cause other atoms to do the same. It's kinda like chain spawning effects except it's a nuclear chain reaction. In nuclear power they control the rate obviously. What I was trying to do is question how much uranium is in the world and how much is needed for each chain reaction. Obviously nothing is infinite, so I was just wondering how great the solution could be, just asking questions, not disagreeing with it.
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

Grimdoomer is exactly right about the gov't. They want money and that is it. There is a car in France that gets 55 mpg and instantly when it was shipped to America it went down to 35 mpg. I can't remember the exact car but it was a definite scam. Man, this conversation can go deep. I'll stay superficial though.

Also, Tboone Pickens and his plans are kinda funny. He is definitely helping but he the amount of copper needed for Wind Energy is astronomical and there is a study that we only have like 35 years left of copper. I haven't heard of him being involved with Nuclear Energy but he may be. I know hardly anything about Nuclear Energy so my information will be pretty lame.

My teacher keeps drilling it in our heads that CONSERVATION is the key. Just cutting intake down more and more.

Sorry, but look at that link!!!
90 BILLION barrels of oil is used in the world in 3 fkn years! That is RIDICULOUS! Conservation guys...
Last edited by DoorM4n on Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Remnant! We were the last stand.
Zieon Eslador

Post by Zieon Eslador »

DoorM4n wrote:Also, Tboone Pickens and his plans are kinda funny. He is definitely helping but he the amount of copper needed for Wind Energy is astronomical and there is a study that we only have like 35 years left of copper. I haven't heard of him being involved with Nuclear Energy but he may be. I know hardly anything about Nuclear Energy so my information will be pretty lame.
...Copper is a reusable resource? :?

Ten years from now there will be government hired landfill divers. I'm calling it now. Anyone want to bet against me?
Zieon Eslador (1:23:09 AM): I haven't seen Watchmen, but I plan to eventually...
NotZachary (1:23:15 AM): it has nukes, random things happening, and retards screaming
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

Zieon Eslador wrote: ...Copper is a reusable resource? :?

Ten years from now there will be government hired landfill divers. I'm calling it now. Anyone want to bet against me?
Well if we are using the copper than why would we reuse it? (Well, unless we are using it for a better technology I suppose.)

hahaha, that landfill divers makes a lot of sense. I am on your side fo sho. :D
Zieon Eslador

Post by Zieon Eslador »

Been putting a few things together recently... (Completely opinionated)
2012, It's a year of change for people all over the world. The Mayans and Aztecs both used similar calendars that say Dec 21, 2012 is the end of the fourth world and beginning of the fifth. Mother Shipton predicted the way of the transition-
A fiery dragon will cross the sky
Six times before this earth shall die
Mankind will tremble and frightened be
for the sixth heralds in this prophecy.
And the Sumerians speak about Nirubi, which some of you have heard about as Planet X, the one with the strange orbit that that goes perpendicular to Earth's, returning in the year 2012. Scientists actually have located Planet X and it's orbit follows the Sumerian's texts almost exactly, taking roughly 3,600 years to orbit around the sun. According to the texts it is a red planet on which the lesser gods (or just superior beings) live with it's own moon like planet on which the higher gods reside. The pictures of incoming planet suggest it is frozen ammonia, which is red. As Nirubi nears the sun it will begin to melt, throwing ammonia gas out of it's atmosphere forming the halo of clouds that identify Nurubi in the Sumerian texts.
It's current trajectory shows it being huge in the night sky for roughly six or seven days. Another one of Mother Shipton's prophecies-
And before the (human) race is built anew
A silver serpent comes to view
And spew out men of like unknown
To mingle with the earth now grown
Cold from its heat and these men can
Enlighten the minds of future man.
Seems to depict the 'higher gods' from the Sumerian texts, arriving from the second planet that orbits Nirubi.

(No, I actually don't really believe this, but I saw some things that made me want to put them together)
JacksonCougar
Huurcat

Post by JacksonCougar »

First interesting thing I have read in this topic ;]
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

Interesting. I am going to look up Planet X right now! :D

I found this http://www.exitmundi.nl/Planet-X.htm
Zieon Eslador

Post by Zieon Eslador »

DoorM4n wrote:Interesting. I am going to look up Planet X right now! :D

I found this http://www.exitmundi.nl/Planet-X.htm
He seems to know his stuff for all but one thing. If it exists Nirubi would only be visible from the South Pole as of now, and in 1983 there is no way they could have seen it. There wasn't a South Pole observatory until 2001 or so. That and I just don't like his attitude. :?

I'd rather not try and defend this though, there are thousands of sites with proofs and disproofs about it. Absolutely none of them are right on all sides of the story. Several sites claim Mother Shipton never existed and others claim she did. The ones against quote Richard Head (The author of the published version of the diary/scroll) later claiming he completely made up her biographical features. They don't tell you that even after admitting this he clung to the fact that he bought the diary/scroll in a small bookshop, who had apparently bought it from an illiterate man, to his death. I just don't trust things on the internet anymore... :roll: