Summary Of Microsofts E3'08 for those who missed it.

Yamagushi

Summary Of Microsofts E3'08 for those who missed it.

Post by Yamagushi »

I wrote this as I watched. So its right along with how it went.

*60gb Hdd Xbox Comes in August for 349$.(Only Difference is HDD size)

*The conference has begun with a small chat. Saying how great Microsoft is.

*This was followed by an odd but once again unrevealing Fallout 3 Trailer.
Fallout 3 In-Game video. Showing off a small amount of in game area and the on arm menu. This was followed by some gameplay showing off weapons and grenades. Which in my opinion seem highly mediocre. You have the ability to "freeze time and select different body parts to aim at". Fallout 3 DLC will be exclusive to Xbox 360 and PC.

*Next up is Resident Evil 5. Dude comes out speaking a lot of japanese, The translator explains that we are now going to see the first in game demo. Chris Redfield(Main Character) shoots a couple zombies. They explain he is no longer with SCARS and has joined a new group. They also announce Co-Op. More zombie killing goodness. Players must work together, Shown is a door one must unlock for the other. Time runs out as there about to show a boss fight....... Release date Friday 13th March 2009.

*Now Up is Fable 2. It starts with a video of the game showing off its landscapes which i must say even not being a fable fan do look stunning. Then a bird shits on a little boys head and he explains this is the start of the game u can start as a little girl or boy. Now supports coop over live. Can Invite people from Single player into your game by going up to there "Orbs" little balls there represent your friends. Speaker shows off family, Wife and son, people will grow older with you. Release date October 08.

*Immediately after this comes a GOW trailer. Showing off nothing new. Cliffy B comes out on stage talking about GOW. He shows off playing Coop. It messes up and they start over.... Fight some bad guys nothing really new. Few new enemys, few new weapons, Nothing special unless you are bigtime into gears. In which case Check this trailer out later. They show off fighting giant herds of enemys. As well as some big ass bosses.(No Bossfights.) New Mode Called Horde, 5 player coop fighting a ton of baddies. Release Date November 7th.

*Dude comes out after GOW stuff blabs about how Xbox is taking over blah blah... People will spend 48 billion on video games this year alone.... blah blah.... Xbox 360 Winning software sales outselling Wii and PS3 combined. Then says he is now ready to call that Xbox 360 will outsell PS3. 12 million members.... Blah blah Marketplace blah blah... Shows off a trailer for the marketplace...lame... looks like an HBO commercial... MGM and Constintine Films Joins the marketplace!

*New Dude talking about live... magic of software... blah... blah... NEW DASHBOARD!!!!! Thats right coming this fall! Oh wait... meh... I dont like the look of it... and yes the Wii avatar rip off... was real... Its all so damn ugly... It also appears Themes and Gamerpics are gone.... I feel you all on thinking "wait so I spent all that money for nothing!?" cause I feel the same way right now...

*Talking about customizing the avatar.... This stuff is horrible. I am so sad right now as is Tural and everyone i speak to. The whole thing is just getting more and more ridiculous....

*Xbox Live Primetime is announced.... Basically your xbox is all one big game show now using your avatar... its soooooo very lame... your all going to be very mad...

*XBLA News.. Geomerty wars 2, Portal: Still Alive, a southpark game... sorry for the lack of review here im still kinda in shock about the dash..

*Netflix Rumor turns out to be true! Free rentals for netflix members(I'm not sure on details of how it works though.) Theres at least one plus to the new fall update.

*Banjo Kazooi Trailer. Shows off gameplay. Looks fun for kids.

*Viva Pinata Trailer. Another kids game... Ability to scan cards throught the camera... yay a use for the cam...

*Scene it Trailer... Nothing you haven't already scene... Though it does make use of the avatars.

*Your in the Movies... Rip off of PS3s Camera technologies..

*Guitar Hero 4(World Tour) is now up. REM exclusive.. Metallica coming as DLC...

*Lips is announced. The Most recently shown Mic is real... Its just a karaoke game.. The Mics are Motion Sensitive. This is one part you should be glad you didn't see...

*Rockband 2 is next. They announced it will be Xbox 360 Exclusive. The set list was released, Google it. First song off Guns and Roses' Chinese Democracy will premiere on Rockband 2. ACDC will exclusively be in Rockband 2. They continue on claiming to have over 500 songs by the end of the year. Boasting its more than any other music game has had.

*Square Enix announces Infinite Discovery Releases September 2(USA) and is Xbox 360 Exclusive. Star Ocean will be out Spring 2009 also Xbox 360 exclusive. The Last Remnant will release this holiday again an Xbox 360 Exclusive.

*Final Fantasy XIII Announced for Xbox 360. Old video played, Microsoft requested it be filmed at the worst angle possible so just watch the PS3's video.

*And thats the end folks... Sad day for many.. Good day for some.. A day none the less for everyone.
Last edited by Yamagushi on Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
Detox. Sorry for leaking your RTH. Everyone else, Dont mess with these ppl.... x_x
NotZachary82

Re: Summary Of Microsofts E3'08 for those who missed it.

Post by NotZachary82 »

Most of it was good, IMO. But the dashboard ... ugh. ... It just doesn't look like an Xbox 360 anymore.

And the lack of Halo news makes me sad.
Rockymods

Re: Summary Of Microsofts E3'08 for those who missed it.

Post by Rockymods »

NotZachary82 wrote:Most of it was good, IMO. But the dashboard ... ugh. ... It just doesn't look like an Xbox 360 anymore.

And the lack of Halo news makes me sad.
Don't forget about the countdown