Halo 2 Warthog bumpmapping

Zentrius

Halo 2 Warthog bumpmapping

Post by Zentrius »

Hey everyone seems like i found a halo 2 mod site where is still activity so i hope somone can help me.

My proplem is that i really would like to do my own bumpmaps for example for the warthog but i dont have any idea how to create bumbs and what format i have to save it somthing like p8 i guess.
So can anyone pls do a tutorial or would share some knowlege about bump creation with me?
JacksonCougar
Huurcat

Re: Halo 2 Warthog bumpmapping

Post by JacksonCougar »

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=28 - This should help you somewhat. However it's really dumbed down...

http://files.remnantmods.com/utilities/ ... %20v1.6.7z - And this is Entity 1.6 that I tell you to use in that tutorial. I'll just update the tutorial link now I guess as well...

I see I never finished that tutorial as well... Well to inject you just inject that A8R8G8B8 format bumpmap into a P8 slot using Entity 1.6UE: it has code to convert the bumpmap into a P8.
Zieon Eslador

Re: Halo 2 Warthog bumpmapping

Post by Zieon Eslador »

Paint.NET is free and has plugins to create bumpmaps as well if you don't have Gimp or Photoshop.
Zieon Eslador (1:23:09 AM): I haven't seen Watchmen, but I plan to eventually...
NotZachary (1:23:15 AM): it has nukes, random things happening, and retards screaming
NotZachary (1:23:19 AM): kinda like MW2