AI Speed

Whitehalo3

AI Speed

Post by Whitehalo3 »

Hello everyone. Here is a question that no one has yet to answer. How do you change an ai's running speed to make them faster without changing your own speed? I have looked at all the tags and I can't find it anywhere. I would like to make elites faster in campaign.
DoorM4n

Re: AI Speed

Post by DoorM4n »

Speed is pretty universal from what I can remember. You may not be able to do that. I may be wrong, though.
Remnant! We were the last stand.
Whitehalo3

Post by Whitehalo3 »

A player's speed has a changeable value that is defined. On an ai, I could not find any numbers that represented the ai speed. I have looked at the animations and I also couldn't find any way to increase the speed. It may be hidden somewhere or it may be an unknown but there has to be a way to change the ai speed. Do you think a script would work?
troymac1ure
Keeper of Entity

Post by troymac1ure »

Don't the hunters move slower than the other characters?
NotZachary82

Post by NotZachary82 »

bipd tag?
XZodia
Staff

Post by XZodia »

Might be part of the AI reflexives in the Scnr/globals (i forget) because theres different values for each difficultly and speed could be one of them.
JacksonCougar wrote:I find you usually have great ideas.
JacksonCougar wrote:Ah fuck. Why must you always be right? Why.
Whitehalo3

Post by Whitehalo3 »

I couldn't find the any value that changed the speed of ai but I did find a few things. In multiplayer, I turned on Stunned by EMP damage on the masterchief bipd. I then went to the plasma grenade explosion jpt! and changed the values of Stun, Max Stun, Stun Time, and Emp Radius Values. Whenever I threw a plasma grenade, I got stunned and my movement slowed. This stun movement is controlled by the matg->globals/globals tag. So I made my base speed really fast and my stun speed normal. In the bipd tags, there is a Use Player Physics check that uses the globals. Using this information, I wanted to apply this to campaign maps. However, I can't get the stun effects to work in campaign. I have tried to get the stun to work on elites and I but it won't work. What am I doing wrong?
Whitehalo3

Post by Whitehalo3 »

It has been over 2 years but I would still love to know if there is anyway to make this possible. Also, it would be awesome if there was a way to make elites behavior similar to the flood in which they lunge across the map to try and kill you. This effect would undoubtedly be hilarious on grunts if it were possible. Has anybody come across a way to do this in campaign since the past 2 years?
XZodia
Staff

Post by XZodia »

I mapped out a load of AI stuff recently but I can't remember and can't check atm, if there was anything relating to this
JacksonCougar wrote:I find you usually have great ideas.
JacksonCougar wrote:Ah fuck. Why must you always be right? Why.