Bsp conversion

archedmaid

Bsp conversion

Post by archedmaid »

So I have successfully converted earth city 2, but h2 core gives an out of memory error when I try and convert it with ai. Is there any other way to convert it? I have also made the player play as a hunter on a different level, but when i melee he does not do the proper animation unless he has no weapon, but then it does no damage. It's not that important but if there is a way to fix it that would be nice.
XZodia
Staff

Re: Bsp conversion

Post by XZodia »

Do a scnr conversion.
JacksonCougar wrote:I find you usually have great ideas.
JacksonCougar wrote:Ah fuck. Why must you always be right? Why.
XZodia
Staff

Post by XZodia »

I've been inspired to make a better program for this, but I can't guarantee it will ever be made...

What I'm thinking is, a program which allows you to choose one sbsp from a sp map to use for mp.
It would then analyse the map the find all unused meta and raw data.
This would allow it to reclaim this space to inject the extras for mp.
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

Hey archedmaid,
I'm happy to hear to made it safely to remnants. You'll be in good hands from here. :P Okay, so check this out at the old Halomods archive. There are only certain bsps that can be converted from sp to mp, and this link gives you the ones that can be converted.

http://old.halomods.com/forums/viewtopi ... 55&t=56272

earth 2 may not be possible with some things, man, although I am not an expert in h2core. That program hardly ever works for me, and I would say a successful conversion from sp to mp may be the limit for that conversion. It butchers up maps and slices them to pieces.

Neodos did some awesome conversions. Hopefully he'll have time to respond to this thread.

Oh, and the animation problem is most likely an H2core problem. For example, each time you convert a map with h2core, you can't use the elite because all the animations get fucked up.
Remnant! We were the last stand.
XZodia
Staff

Post by XZodia »

Wow, sorry I didn't realise you were new. Welcome to remnant! =)
To explain my first post, you can make a sp map work in mp using Mystery: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1397
That why you avoid all the problems that come with a bsp conversion.
Also, all the ai data and scenery placements etc are already there! =)
archedmaid

Post by archedmaid »

Well I have used the hunter and its ai doesn't melee often enough for me to know if its broken, but I can melee using the hunter as a player model and have its animation. Maybe I need to switch its weapon held melee animation or some thing.

I have tried using mystery, but it just said some lines of text and said map closed. Then I clicked convert and if I remember correctly it said some thing like not refrenced to an object which is the same error entity gives me when I try and use a map a different program is using, but I wasn't using it in any other program.
XZodia
Staff

Post by XZodia »

Well you can do it manually, its just a few dependency swaps.
Can't remember where it is exactly, but I think its in the scenario, a reflexive called Player Models or something like that.
You just have to make sure all the chunks point to the right bipd's and first person models IIRC
archedmaid

Post by archedmaid »

Mysrery work, but entity crashed when I tried opening the scnr. Im using entity with ai, but I also have entity 2.1.17, but im unsure on the plugins to use for it.
troymac1ure
Keeper of Entity

Post by troymac1ure »

The Scnr tag is very large and Entity would run out of max allowed form controls / memory while loading it. Either dumb down the scnr.ent plugin with just what you need to see or use the newer entity's Meta Editor V2. Because of the setup, it's faster and won't run out of memory even with all SCNR variables visible.
If no-one else u/l's some plugins, I'll try to do so when I get home.
archedmaid

Post by archedmaid »

Well I have opened every single map in entity with ai. Plus coagulation and foundation with old mambasas scnr transfered for working ai. My map sizes vary from double to triple the original size before I trim down the uneeded stuff. I have never had a problem converting in h2 core or opening in entity except this conversion and a few of the campaign maps give me a negative value error in h2 core, mostly the last ones and i think the first one.