rusty fingers

Ogrish

rusty fingers

Post by Ogrish »

So i wanted to make a couple quick mods, just simple ones, that probly wont be simple lol.
The first is A Halo 2 remake of "Speed" a simple and fun map, and game type from reach custom.
I have several simple maps and gametypes planned, if anyone is interested in playing.

SPEED is a 45 gegree downhill run, where spartans drive warthogs down hill running over covi zombies with Super Swords.
I origanaly was trying to make it so Zombies Were AI all at the bottom of the run before the teleporter, but i had to many problems so im remaking it for muliplayer. You Spawn, get in vehi, drive down hill to teleporter wich actually will teleport vehis while manned back to top then begin your downhill run again, mashing zombies as you go.

If anyone would like to help this mod, please message me.
CaptainPoopface

Re: rusty fingers

Post by CaptainPoopface »

I enjoy simple maps and game types. In this case, I don't think you can teleport vehicles in H2, so drivers would have to dismount. I also don't know how you would get enough zombies without AI. Sounds fun though, especially if the zombies can shoot rockets.
Tell us what other ideas you have.
XZodia
Staff

Post by XZodia »

You can teleport vehicles in H2, but I can't remember how its done...
JacksonCougar wrote:I find you usually have great ideas.
JacksonCougar wrote:Ah fuck. Why must you always be right? Why.
bumlove

Post by bumlove »

^was aboot to say that^

maybe in hlmt
T Beezie

Post by T Beezie »

I remember someone doing a vehic teleporter long ago, pretty sure that it was scripted in some way.
It went something like this maybe..?

Code: Select all

(script continuous teleporter
(begin
  (object_teleport (list_get (volume_return_objects <trigger_volume>) 0) <cutscene_flag>)
)
)
All you would have to do is build a "zone" into your map, size it up and place it where your teleporter is.
The "zone" needing to be referenced as your "trigger_volume"...

I could be waaay wrong, but it might be worth looking into. ;)
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

I went scavenging throughout the archives to find the halo 2 vehicle teleportation script that I saw years ago, but I couldn't find anything. I know it exists, as T Beezie says, but I don't know how. It was definitely done by scripts though. I remember teleporting vehicles very clearly because I knew that it was a sign of great achievement in Halo 2 at the time. I think the guy latinomodder had something major to do with it.
Remnant! We were the last stand.