H2G with "copy all" function?

T Beezie

H2G with "copy all" function?

Post by T Beezie »

Does an H2G with the "copy all" function still exist?
I'm on the search, every version I find is lacking this feature. :(
I know for sure that it was once a reality, I previously owned a copy of it myself.
Just can't remember if it was ever publicly released..
Been working on some new A.I. stuffs, would save me a TON of time and heartache.
If anyone here can help me out, I'd be most grateful!
XZodia
Staff

Re: H2G with "copy all" function?

Post by XZodia »

Depending on what your trying to achieve, it may be able to be done with other tools, eg entity
If not, I could mb write a you program...
JacksonCougar wrote:I find you usually have great ideas.
JacksonCougar wrote:Ah fuck. Why must you always be right? Why.
T Beezie

Post by T Beezie »

well.. when adding the prerequisites for an AI map, you must edit the [scnr] tag, adding your weapon pallet, style pallet, squads, and so on.. this can be very tedious when having to do them one at a time.
Then after manipulating the [scnr] tag, H2Core has the ability to rebuild the bipeds and chars into your new map almost flawlessly, not to mention that it's a very efficient way of doing so.
I came across a copy of the H2G source code, but I know VERY little when it comes to coding...
I hate to see anyone go through the trouble of coding a whole program just to solve my laziness.. >_>
I was just hoping that someone might've known where I could get my hands on an updated version.. H2G works pretty well for me, and it's just hard to teach an old dog new tricks... :|

.. although I'm sure there may be a better way in this new day and age.
xxpenguinxx

Post by xxpenguinxx »

DemonicSandwich wrote:See that? You see that how it is highlighted down here but it's not highlighted right there? Ah, I guess that's what I get for pirating it.
In Soviet Russia, DS touches you. Say it again and I'll do more than touch. ~DS -Oh baby
A cat was licking itself to the sound of potato chips.
T Beezie

Post by T Beezie »

xxpenguinxx wrote:Here's the latest one: http://www.remnantmods.com/archive/appl ... elease.rar
Thanks xxpenquinxx, this is exactly what I was looking for, but unfortunately it gave me issues when opening the scnr tag.. maybe my pc isn't up to challenge?
The copy all function IS present in this release... it opens bsp tags and all others I've tried as well, yet when I go to open the scenario tag in H2G, it almost locks up my whole 'puter.
The scnr never loads and H2G starts eating up memory like crazy! and this saddens me because the only tag I need it for, refuses to load... weird.... :\

I've been using the 3-7-07 release, and it runs flawlessly, and that version of H2Core provides perfect rebuilds for me every time... but, that version of H2G lacks the copy all button...
I guess I'll just have to learn to deal with it.
troymac1ure
Keeper of Entity

Post by troymac1ure »

The SCNR tag is a huge tag. It takes a lot of controls to load all the data in it, which is likely why you are running out of memory. Entity always had issues with SCNR as well. That's partially why I set up ME2 as it is, so that it didn't need to load a massive amount of controls.
xxpenguinxx

Post by xxpenguinxx »

That might of not been the latest version. I found a copy called H2Core New on my hard drive. The date modified says 4-22-2007.

I just uploaded it:
http://www.remnantmods.com/archive/appl ... %20NEW.rar

You might be able to edit the plugins so they display less info to save memory.
DemonicSandwich wrote:See that? You see that how it is highlighted down here but it's not highlighted right there? Ah, I guess that's what I get for pirating it.
In Soviet Russia, DS touches you. Say it again and I'll do more than touch. ~DS -Oh baby
A cat was licking itself to the sound of potato chips.
T Beezie

Post by T Beezie »

coolness...
Thanks again xxpenguinxx! :D
My new pc is ALOT slower than my old one... really putting a damper on the good stuff.
I'll give it a try.