Cordoned MP maps

CaptainPoopface

Cordoned MP maps

Post by CaptainPoopface »

There are several large MP maps that are simply too big for my use, but they have interesting sections that could be subdivided into smaller maps. Most of the maps I like and find suitable for the mods and gametypes I want to play are small and somewhat enclosed. I am planning to cordon areas of large multiplayer maps so they are a reasonable size for my nefarious purposes. This would be done with large rectangular blocs, and they wouldn't have a beautiful shader or model. Visually, it would be minimally intrusive, but I'm after the pragmatic result.

Is anyone interested in having these cordoned maps, before I rub my stank all over them? My primary objective these days is SLC, so I would mod by directly editing/wrecking the meta in the map. In other words, you would want to get your hands on them before I do. I would set probably 8 or so player spawns and a few weapon spawns, but that's about it. The only objective gametype I care about these days is KOTH. This is one of the original goals that got me into modding several years ago, so I'm glad to be finally getting around to it. Here are some of the maps I'm planning to subdivide:
  • Coagulation
  • Relic (I always hated this one, but it has 3 cool small maps in it)
  • Waterworks! (Another lousy large map, but a decent small one)
  • Terminal
  • Sanctuary
  • Burial Mounds
  • Colossus
  • Containment
  • Zanzibar
  • BSPs from the campaign, as I get my hands on them.
It would be some work to set aside the "pristine" sub-maps for others, so I would prefer to have a sense that someone else is interested in it.