Can't export recursively

Shadow07

Can't export recursively

Post by Shadow07 »

Alright so, It's been about 3 years since i did any sort of modding and I'm now on Windows 7. I'm using Troy's entity and it won't allow me to save tags recursively. Any ideas?

troymac1ure
Keeper of Entity

Re: Can't export recursively

Post by troymac1ure »

I haven't tried it yet, but is this for all tags or just certain ones (If so, please give example)?
I'll look into it after your next post if not before.
Also, I just do mostly coding, so for those who mod more, was there something about parsed and recursive being checked?
nullen

Post by nullen »

What tag are you trying to export?
Shadow07

Post by Shadow07 »

I've only tried exporting bipd tags. And the error only shows up if recursive is checked. No problem with just parsed and sound.
SikSemper

Post by SikSemper »

Strange, i myself have not modded in a long time and i know windows 7 has alot of issues with most modding programs, as all of them were designed for XP. Have you tried Compatibility mode for XP service pack 3? and ran as administrator? If not give it a shot, only thing else i could recommend would be running a virtual XP machine to do all of your modding in. I've had to do it before :p
Shadow07

Post by Shadow07 »

SikSemper wrote:Strange, i myself have not modded in a long time and i know windows 7 has alot of issues with most modding programs, as all of them were designed for XP. Have you tried Compatibility mode for XP service pack 3? and ran as administrator? If not give it a shot, only thing else i could recommend would be running a virtual XP machine to do all of your modding in. I've had to do it before :p
I've tried running as admin and compatibility. I've considered installing a virtual machine. I may give that a try.
troymac1ure
Keeper of Entity

Post by troymac1ure »

I will try it too. It very well could be a bug, things get changed and it effects other sections. Try hard not to do that, but it does happen.
OwnZ joO

Post by OwnZ joO »

Index outside the bounds of the array sounds like a bug and not a XP/7 issue.
troymac1ure
Keeper of Entity

Post by troymac1ure »

Found the issue. In the mastercheif hlmt tag the scenario ident is nulled, but the tag type is not (haven't looked at what it really is, but it has a ID of 0 which relates to the SBSP tag). Anyways, until I release 2.1.19 you could just null this tag type & ident and see if that works. There may be others as well.
Hopefully should have 2.1.19 out soon as there are quite a few fixes in it, even if the mainmenu editor isn't complete, it allows some basic editing ATM anyways.
Grimdoomer
Admin

Post by Grimdoomer »

That's because that value is not a tag id and whoever thought it was is dumb.
Don't snort the magic, we need it for the network.