Back At It

bgb27

Back At It

Post by bgb27 »

Hello everyone,
I have not modded in a very long time, and I'm sure much has changed. When I left, the original halomods was still around and AI wasn't yet a thing. Not sure how things stand now, but I'm having some problems finding utilities to use.
My other problem is with Halo 2 Bitmap Internalizer. I can't get it to work with Windows 8.1 understandably. Do I have any other options?

Thank you,
bgb27
Click16

Re: Back At It

Post by Click16 »

Hey, yeah modding has changed since, but not too much. (At least I don't think so) AI in MP is possible: http://remnantmods.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=15

and for Bitmap Internalization, just use Entity. I recommend Entity version 1.3.9. Also make sure that you're using the latest plugins when using any version Entity.
CaptainPoopface

Post by CaptainPoopface »

Significant advances have been made as far as making immovable bloc objects, custom blocs in the form of rectangular prisms, effects and markers (at the heart of many mods of mine), some jmad stuff, meta sharing... You can build an entire custom map with darn good projectile and phmo collision using rectangular prisms and spheres, as opposed to being limited to in-game assets borrowed from various maps. This was huge progress to me. A user named TroyMac1ure fixed Entity's busted BSP viewer with regard to applying multiple angular transformations to an object and making it render faster. He added many features to Entity that helped tremendously in the often slow and painstaking process of modding. At some point, some people could do proper model injection (PMI), resulting in nice looking custom models in game, but it does not seem reproduce-able, and the heavy hitters in that department have mostly departed. Click16 can do just about anything you might want with the HUD. Realtime Halo (RTH) is rather spiffy, including a custom map for importing your map model and testing collision that is "faked" with cubes. I never got it working, fearing it would consume me even more or that I would inadvertently brick my precious ancient Xbox.

AI in MP turned out to be a major letdown in my opinion. No one completely figured out how to make the AI marginally smarter than retarded. Grimdoomer came close with a good mod for Foundation, where the AI would actually shoot at you and not just run into walls or stand around or shoot at nothing. T BeeZie made some decent mods where AI attack each other and sometimes the player. The takeaway is that it involves a lot of skill and time for rather low payoff. I would not bother with it.

If you have some ideas for mods, float them and we'll be happy to at least steer you in the right direction.
JacksonCougar
Huurcat

Post by JacksonCougar »

There have been like... 4-5 PMI (model injection done properly) versions from me that I know of. Did I never like post them?
NotZachary82

Post by NotZachary82 »

Only the Entity PMI was public lol
Ogrish

Post by Ogrish »

Wow if i could get the reach and halo 4 bsps to inject decently, i would put in the time to build there collision.
Im out of work and not having much to do these days.