Moving Effect Positions [SOLVED]

DoorM4n

Moving Effect Positions [SOLVED]

Post by DoorM4n »

Hey,

I kinda wish we had a thread dedicated to questions 'cause i hate having to start a new thread each time I run into a problem.

Im trying to fix this. The effect in the fp view is too high while the effect in the 3rd person view is fine.

How do I go about moving the effect location?

Also, note to plugin makers, you guys are phenomenal at naming things--it requires a serious understanding of physics to even begin to navigate your way through entity plugins. :lol:
Last edited by DoorM4n on Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Remnant! We were the last stand.
JacksonCougar
Huurcat

Re: Moving Effect Positions

Post by JacksonCougar »

I think you need two effects; one for fp and the other for 3p. There should be bitmask to show only in 3p/fp somewhere too.
CaptainPoopface

Post by CaptainPoopface »

The effect will have a set of chunks for the 1P effect. There is an enum or bitmask for 1P, 3P or both. In the 1P chunks, look for some offset coordinates at the bottom. You need to make the z coord smaller to lower it.

BTW that chain gun looks awesome. If I may make a request, how about a grenade launcher?
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

CaptainPoopface wrote:The effect will have a set of chunks for the 1P effect. There is an enum or bitmask for 1P, 3P or both. In the 1P chunks, look for some offset coordinates at the bottom. You need to make the z coord smaller to lower it.

BTW that chain gun looks awesome. If I may make a request, how about a grenade launcher?
I want to think I have scavenged all of the effects looking for that exact thing you mentioned and haven't found anything. Ill continue my search. Im glad to be reassured I was looking in the right spot.

EDIT: Fixed. Thanks to Captain!

Also! Thanks for the comment! I am interested in your grenade launcher idea. It will be an interesting challenge. I accept! But clarify for me. Do you want an RPG (bazooka) or an actual grenade launcher like the Demoman in TF2?

Limited requests, btw. I have to be particularly fond of the idea for me to accept.
Remnant! We were the last stand.
CaptainPoopface

Post by CaptainPoopface »

The latter is what I had in mind. I was always disappointed with the brute shot and wanted a proper grenade launcher. I think the retail rocket launcher is good enough that a RPG is not needed.

Then we would just need a covenant mini mortar launcher :mrgreen: But changing all the sizes for the mortar effects is a hassle, at least without RTH.