3volved Mongoose [SOLVED]

DoorM4n

3volved Mongoose [SOLVED]

Post by DoorM4n »

Hey y'all!

I have yet another thread because I want to get the attention of all those who might have contacts with this.

I am looking to get the 3volved Mongoose tags, but as y'all know, the maps were encrypted. But a lot of you guys worked on 3volved, so I want to see if you guys have the tags so I can put it in my map.

The 3volved mongoose from Havok or any of the 3volved maps are what I am aiming for, but any other one will be fine.

Thanks!
Last edited by DoorM4n on Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Remnant! We were the last stand.
troymac1ure
Keeper of Entity

Re: 3volved Mongoose

Post by troymac1ure »

if nothing else, we could possibly try to build a decrypter program. If you know what the original map is and have the new map, one could compare tags and name the original ones back so that there are only a few unknowns. This is a guess, but I assume they just remove the tag names from the index and maybe other info?
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

Interesting idea. Here is Havok--this had the Mongoose I was looking for. I also have the coag public beta, but i think that is also encrypted.

https://www.mediafire.com/?domhxrw4eay1kfn
Click16

Post by Click16 »

The tag classes are also encrypted, but we can use the existing Coagulation index to figure out the classes for 90% of the tags on Havok

EDIT: Well I can open the map in Abide, it appears that the tag classes are all good. I'm looking through the tags now to find the Ident of the Mongoose Model. I found 2 models that both use the StringID 'Warthog' they have the same number of Sections reflexives as the base Warthog model (161 model parts) so I'm going to try to find the ident of the HLMT and possibly the vehicle ident that uses these references.
EDIT again, well even if I did manage to find the reference, Entity is unable to open the maps, so I'll have to try transferring with insolence or some other program
Last edited by Click16 on Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

Click16 wrote:The tag classes are also encrypted, but we can use the existing Coagulation index to figure out the classes for 90% of the tags on Havok

EDIT: Well I can open the map in Abide, I'm looking through the tags now to find the Ident of the Mongoose Model
Yeah, I can open it, but the tags are garbled. Let me know how it goes! Also, im looking for the entire vehicle--if that is possible. There are a lot of very unique things built into that vehicle. They did such a great job with it.
Click16

Post by Click16 »

Well this is strange, the ugh! tag is the last in the map, which it shouldn't be, but I'm guessing they recompiled the map which ordered the tags properly, which is interesting... I think I have a method of pinpointing the mongoose vehicle, so I'll give this a try...
troymac1ure
Keeper of Entity

Post by troymac1ure »

Managed to get Entity loading obfuscated maps now.
They apparently change all names to spaces, set the filenameoffset to 0 and remove the tag sizes from the index.
So I first calculate the proper offset for the filenameoffset and set it, then Calculate all the tag sizes (except for SBSP and LTMP so far) and then assign each tag a name as follows:
#xxxx_yyyy
where xxxx is the index number and yyyy starts at 6 and counts to the actual name length (which is still stored). So for example, [MATG] globals\globals would be:
#0000_689012345
as it is the first index and 15 characters long (actually 16, but excluding the null character).

I think I may look into more involved decoding.

EDIT:
Well, I now have all original base map tags decoded and have given the left-over models a readable name. In the case of this map, there's 588 tags that are unknown (added), 65 of which are models that have improper names, but can be read, leaving 523 questionables.

EDIT 2:
Well, now added support for decoding from multiple maps. Running it through most/all MP maps drops unknowns down to about 150 tags now. I'm sure that could be dropped at least a bit more running it through SP maps as well. Surprisingly, it actually runs through the maps quite quickly as well.
Last edited by troymac1ure on Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
troymac1ure
Keeper of Entity

Post by troymac1ure »

Check this post for a quick Entity update that I think you will appreciate:viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1325&p=37327#p37327

EDIT:
Looking at it more, I think it has problems. The "Ive got a lovely bunch of coconuts!" name ends up in the SCEN tag.
Oh well, enough for tonight. I'm sure that a good portion of them are correct anyways. It'll give you a start to go on.

EDIT2:
Okay, I changed the method a bit, so now I can only get down to about 340 tags, but they should all be correct. One known bug is that [ugh!] "Ive got a lovely bunch of coconuts!" tag doesn't get renamed. This is because the size is mismatched due to the fact that it is the last tag and the size is calculated off the end of the file, which adds on the end of file padding bytes to the size listing. meh.
Saving to the map file is optional, but must be chosen before working on the map. If you select "No", all tags will need to be decoded again next time.
As for decoding speed, I ran it against all my maps on my 8 year old laptop in easily under a minute. Took me longer to select the maps than to run them through ;)
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

Oh man, thanks for going through the trouble troymac1ure! That's great. Ill check this out after class! :D
CaptainPoopface

Post by CaptainPoopface »

I think I have the tags somewhere. I'm pretty sure I also have a mod with a nodded mongoose, where I altered physics, added a turret, added boost with flames, and allowed the driver to shoot while driving. Probably not what you want. But I would really like to assist the decryption effort. Will search later tonight.
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

CaptainPoopface wrote:I think I have the tags somewhere. I'm pretty sure I also have a mod with a nodded mongoose, where I altered physics, added a turret, added boost with flames, and allowed the driver to shoot while driving. Probably not what you want. But I would really like to assist the decryption effort. Will search later tonight.
I think troy has a pretty effective decryption plugin actually. In the Halo photography thread, I posted images of me getting the havok mongoose from the encrypted havok map. Also, you mongoose sounds awesome! I'd love to add it to my map if you have a patch.]

BTW, I was actually thinking about attaching a gun to the mongoose. :P
troymac1ure
Keeper of Entity

Re: 3volved Mongoose [SOLVED]

Post by troymac1ure »

I notice that your names are kept to the same length.
Entity allows you to rename to different lengths as long as enough space is available. If not, it either tells you or just cuts the name off (can't remember).
For example:
objects\weapons\pistol\parachu\parachu
can be right clicked and renamed to:
objects\weapons\pistol\parachute\parachute
without issue. Just FYI.
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

OH yeah, I renamed using ADI. :lol: :lol: :lol: I figured I'd do what I knew how to do instead of test other methods and possibly fail. I may go through and fix all that stuff now that I know that.
CaptainPoopface

DoorM4n wrote: I think troy has a pretty effective decryption plugin actually. In the Halo photography thread, I posted images of me getting the havok mongoose from the encrypted havok map. Also, you mongoose sounds awesome! I'd love to add it to my map if you have a patch.]

BTW, I was actually thinking about attaching a gun to the mongoose. :P
OK, I found the map with my boost goose. IIRC, I fixed the dirt trails like Xzodia has mentioned, I changed the entry distance and time so you could pretty much run up to it and be driving instantly, and I made it heavier and less floaty, plus the boost and turret of course. The zipped map is about as big as the patch, which is too big to upload here. Where is a good place to upload? I haven't been on FileFront since Bill Clinton was in office. I also found the 3volved tags, although it sounds like they are not needed.
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

Wow, all that is awesome! I want everything you just told me about. The remnant ftp would be good or consider www.mediafire.com
Click16

Post by Click16 »

Or a cloud storage solution such as Dropbox
CaptainPoopface

OK, I put the modded map with the Boost 'Goose and the "clean" mongoose tags Demonic extracted for me a few years back on the FTP server, in the Vehicle Mods folder.

Other notes about the Boost 'Goose: I worked primarily with the elite biped and jmads, since it seemed to behave better about letting the "passenger" drive the vehicle, which means he can shoot his handheld weapon while also steering the vehicle. For some reason, I couldn't get that going with the chief. I envisioned this working in a vehicle battle mod with Demonic's Bulldog (motorcycle), so it's extremely quick to get out of the vehicle and back in, from a fairly large distance too. The boost is of course temporary and requires a recharge time to be used again. It's fun to work the half-pipe on Burial Mounds with the boost. It was a real PITA to get the markers and accelerations right without using RTH. Oh, to have that kind of time again... :cry: I don't remember for certain, but I think you can choose passenger seat to fire your weapon while driving, or driver seat to fire the turret while driving. Nearly certain this was not SLC, but that doesn't mean it couldn't be if you fixed it right (I trust DoorM4n's expertise here). SLC was always the hardest and final thing to test, so I didn't really get around to it. I think neodos had moved on from H2 by then, and he was the master. 8-) Good times.

Good luck! I'm eager to see what you come up with.
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

Great! I will try to integrate this if I can. Also, Im on the FTP server and I dont see your files. Can you respond with the correct ftp info. Thanks!

EDIT: nvm, click got me the info
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

Wow, captain! Your mongoose is awesome! First, it drives incredibly well. I was so impressed. Next, I love the secondary boost! It's not overkill at all. And I like the how passenger seat can drive. The turret on the front is an awesome touch also. I did notice that I couldnt use the turret if I jumped on its seat. Was the turret for the visual? If so, I might be able to null the seat on that. It really looks like you put a lot of time tweaking this thing just right. Excellent job! I used the MC in testing and it looks like everything worked.

I hope I can get SLC working. I want this.
CaptainPoopface

Glad you like it! It would be fun to put on some of the SP maps and take on ghosts and wraiths with it too. If SLC is problematic, I recommend using Troy's meta comparer on the vehi tag to see what I tweaked there, and the mode to see where I moved the markers for the boost. Then just edit a mongoose that you have working on system link, if you have one. And bring in the necessary effects. The turret should not have a seat. I think I wanted the player to have an option to drive while firing the turret, or use handheld weapons, which is why there are still both seats.
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

Do you happen to know what wasn't SLC about it?

From what I see here, it shouldnt be too bad to get SLC working for the custom model and seats. The one thing that might be at issue is the flame from the boost. If I remember correctly, flames were sometimes not SLC. But I may be mixing memories of using insolence, which of course wasn't up to par in some ways as entity is. Ill check into later.