Making a New Rotating Custom Warthog Tire

DoorM4n

Making a New Rotating Custom Warthog Tire

Post by DoorM4n »

I know how to attach items to things. There is a reflexive in the warthog hlmt that attaches the turrets to the warthog. By cloning those turret chunks you can add things to a vehicle. In fact, you can create an entire vehicle by adding those chunks and placing models.

Here is what I don't understand. The havok mongoose has this, and Ive been reverse engineering that thing for an hour. The mongoose has rotating, custom tire models. How can I do this? Typically when you use this chunk cloning technique, one does not get any motion out of the object. In addition, I attached a string id of lf_tire, rf_tire, etc to each thing I added, and nothing came from the results. Any ideas?

I could continue to reverse engineer the mongoose, but that would be an inefficient use of time if someone here has the answer. Anyhow, thank you, and I can't wait to make my custom vehicles for my latest map!
Remnant! We were the last stand.
XZodia
Staff

Re: Making a New Rotating Custom Warthog Tire

Post by XZodia »

In case you don't know the "Parent Marker" references the list of "Marker Groups" in mode tag.

Each "Marker Group" has a list it of "Markers" in it.

Each Marker has a "Node Index".

The "Node Index" references the list of "Nodes" in the mode tag.

The Warthog has nodes for the Suspension, Engines and Tires (among other things).

By setting the "Node Index" of the attachments "Parent Marker" you can attach it to a moving node.

In this case either a Tire or an Engine (I think) will work for you.

You can do a lot of interesting things with Nodes and Markers, by changing Parent Nodes. Such as disabling the suspension or the turning animation of individual tires.
JacksonCougar wrote:I find you usually have great ideas.
JacksonCougar wrote:Ah fuck. Why must you always be right? Why.
DoorM4n

Re: Making a New Rotating Custom Warthog Tire

Post by DoorM4n »

Ahhh yes, okay. I did change the parent markers...so I thought. In a few hrs, Ill look into where I skipped a step. Thanks man!
Remnant! We were the last stand.