Throwing Blocs

DoorM4n

Throwing Blocs

Post by DoorM4n »

Let me first say, that Ive precisely followed your tutorial (I strongly believe), Captain Poop Face, on how to throw blocs, and each time I freeze on the creation of the bloc.

http://old.halomods.com/forums/viewtopi ... 88&t=78134

Something is going awry. I've been trying to throw a drum55.bloc from my frag grenade by following this, but its driving me nutts with it's freezing.

Ive decided to do some different processes to supplement the tutorial, and each time this bitch freezes. So damn frustrating.

1. Followed tutorial. Changed the warthog bumper effect to spawn bloc. When Ive tested this, the warthog launches the barrel off correctly when the bumper falls off. I then change the frag_detonation to spawn the bloc and freeze. I've also changed the markers. Ive also swapped effects of the frag detonation with the warthog bumper...freeze.

What am I missing?
Remnant! We were the last stand.
CaptainPoopface

Re: Throwing Blocs

Post by CaptainPoopface »

Any effect will work if it has an attachments reflexive. There is an enum in this reflexive that corresponds to the type of tag being spawned, which Demonic discovered. If it doesn't match, freeze happens. Swapping the warthog bumper effect should also work, as long as the frag grenade model has all the markers referred to in the effect. Probably more trouble than it's worth though. Easiest would be to change the ligh or snd tag in the frag detonation effect to the bloc you want, and then change the attachment enum to bloc.

I'll see if I can upload my effe plugin here in a little while. Until then, you are welcome to copy the projectile and/or effect from my cadaver abuse mod, where you throw little crates as one of the grenades.
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

Okay, seems like Im doing it correctly, but Im obviously not. Here are some pics of what Im working with and my settings. See anything awry?

Still freezing.

Also, I swear I had a patch of your map because ive played the cadaver mod. If you can temporarily upload it, I can upload it to my mediafire account and you can repost the link in the thread.
CaptainPoopface

Awry indeed! In the first picture, you have the bloc as an attachment to the proj tag. Definitely don't have that there. The bloc should only be in the detonation effect. The proj tag can remain unmodified from retail.

If you null out that bloc reference in the proj attachments, it should work.
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

My plugin must be really screwed up. I keep freezing upon poking in RTH. Do you think RTH is messing with it, or maybe my plugin is screwy? I only swapped the light in the detonation effect with my barrel and froze.

Did the same with the scorpion explosion and froze.

Hupcap and bumper work fine--strangely. :|
CaptainPoopface

The bumper and hubcap effects work because they are already spawning a bloc tag. Swapping the ligh tag doesn't work because it's not the same tag type as a bloc.

Try this effe plugin. Look for Spawn Tag Type. Courtesy of DemonicFiveAndwich.
Attachments
effe.ent
Enum labeled for setting the tag type of an attached thingy
(23.21 KiB) Downloaded 249 times
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

Thank you for the help and posting all this info. Your effect plugin solved my issue. I once again had an old plugin. :cry: I wonder how many other old plugins I have. I decided to take up your offer and steal your effect tag from cadaver abuse however--which I found on the ftp server. It was just what I needed actually.
BTW, I forgot how much fun and how hilarious your cadaver abuse mod is. Im definitely adding it to my mainmenu. It's so damn original! All of your mods are that indeed.