Would anyone test this please?

xXF3RcHoXx

Would anyone test this please?

Post by xXF3RcHoXx »

It's an attempt to convert single player shared's BSP (shared), just tell me if it works, I have plans for it but i'm away from my box right now and will be until monday.

patch headlong :)

Thank you!

https://mega.co.nz/#!Qg9Ggb6K!Z5LbIdbjU ... fL88-esJCY
We are the last stand.
Aumman Anubis wrote:I'm still trying to figure out how a cat grooming defeats a failing economy.
JacksonCougar
Huurcat

Re: Would anyone test this please?

Post by JacksonCougar »

looks fucked.

bit of explanation; it looks like a lot of the data fields are being lost by h2core or written incorrectly, the padding on the fields is off for a lot of them which can cause it to freeze up. Some things appear to be changing size between original and rebuild.

Could moonfish be wrong? absolutely. But I lean towards no. The rules it checks are pretty simple even if the output is a bit fucked.
Attachments
test_analysis.txt
your map
(455.89 KiB) Downloaded 231 times
analysis.txt
base (headlong) map
(479 Bytes) Downloaded 229 times
xXF3RcHoXx

Post by xXF3RcHoXx »

JacksonCougar wrote:looks fucked.

bit of explanation; it looks like a lot of the data fields are being lost by h2core or written incorrectly, the padding on the fields is off for a lot of them which can cause it to freeze up. Some things appear to be changing size between original and rebuild.

Could moonfish be wrong? absolutely. But I lean towards no. The rules it checks are pretty simple even if the output is a bit fucked.
Well since shared's BSP is really really small tha'ts the reason the map is smaller than original map, plus ithat bsp doesn't have any lightmap nor bitmaps linked to, its just a box with 2 shaders i think
We are the last stand.
Aumman Anubis wrote:I'm still trying to figure out how a cat grooming defeats a failing economy.
JacksonCougar
Huurcat

Post by JacksonCougar »

There are some invalid pointers which could freeze on loading however.
xXF3RcHoXx

Post by xXF3RcHoXx »

I just have this awesome map idea... It would be named "Cage Match" or something like that.
I want to have some hallways and walls, blocs here and there, and AI, AI then would be 1 unit per squad with independent respawn scripts, maybe some forerunner's skin, so this would be like an old room filled with enemies which keep coming and coming and there's no way out.

Or, if the conversion doesn't work, I could model a box and fix coll with onyx and have all my shit going on there inside, or idk add some environment, why not a sea platform? we can take coagulation's bsp, remove barriers and fill it with water almost to the top and then make some platforms with machs just like in the old days (like wake island for example) and have AI banshees? would be amazing... i just have a sudden storm of ideas lol
We are the last stand.